Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Why Gobekli Tepe Was Abandoned and Buried

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16    brothers

brothers

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:56 AM

I'm sure that if they were that intelligent at the time they build that place then you have to believe that they were intelligent way before that time as well. Afterall, people didn't get smart at once. It happened slowly which means
that they had build something else way before they build the one at the present site in Turkey. The books will be rewritten over and over again until they get it right if at all possible.

#17    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,713 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:55 AM

View Postchrome3d, on 18 June 2012 - 12:40 PM, said:

If someone else than the original builders buried the place, then why they left the whole structure intact?
Rampant speculationing on my part, but it's possible that they respected it for what it was but wanted to move the people of this newly conquered/converted land on, but not by antagonising them overly. So bury the site rather then obliterate it. Even Stalin didn't knock down Saint Peter's Basilica, same thinking - move the people on by abandoning the site but not antagonise them by destroying it.

#18    NavyDoc

NavyDoc

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 204 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:13 PM

Here's a question, and pardon my ignorance, but how do we know that it was purposely buried? Various archiological site that have been discovered have had to have been dug out of the ground. Does not time tend to fill in spaces? Sandstroms could do this quite rapidly.  Was there lack of erosion or some other evidence that led to the conclusion that it was buried on purpose?

#19    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,081 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:55 PM

View PostNavyDoc, on 19 June 2012 - 12:13 PM, said:

Here's a question, and pardon my ignorance, but how do we know that it was purposely buried? Various archiological site that have been discovered have had to have been dug out of the ground. Does not time tend to fill in spaces? Sandstroms could do this quite rapidly.  Was there lack of erosion or some other evidence that led to the conclusion that it was buried on purpose?

Did you ever see dirt going uphill? so the only explanation to a artificial summit on a hill is that somebody carried the dirt there. Besides that there is hardly any weather erosion on the stones, which indicates that they have been covered and never were exposed to the surrounding climate.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#20    Peter Cox

Peter Cox

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 288 posts

• The man who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the man busy doing it.

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:32 PM

Hmmmmm there could be so many reasons, great topic by the way love it.

My guess would be religion too but there is maybe way, the people moved on due to weather, food, lack of water.

Iwould love to read more.

Again great topic :)

#21    NavyDoc

NavyDoc

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 204 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:23 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 19 June 2012 - 12:55 PM, said:

Did you ever see dirt going uphill? so the only explanation to a artificial summit on a hill is that somebody carried the dirt there. Besides that there is hardly any weather erosion on the stones, which indicates that they have been covered and never were exposed to the surrounding climate.

I've seen dirt going uphill on many an occasion (eve been in a sandstorm?) and endured one rather bad sandstorm that almost buried one building overnight, so yes, it is possible. Your comment on no erosion marks does make sense though.

Edited by NavyDoc, 19 June 2012 - 03:24 PM.

#22    epiffanie

epiffanie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:30 PM

These are very good assumptions.  I do agree that another religion could have taken over and buried it, but wouldn't it be much easier to destroy it if that was the case?

I came to a different conclusion recently with all the news about magnetic waves and alignments and all that other stuff with the planet changing.  Could it be that all planets and stars and everything else in space is changing as well?

My point is, all these discoveries in the past century, could it be the reason these monuments always have been there, in another dimension, for example 4th dimension, and now that we are so close to getting there, this consciousness is allowing us to see what has been there all along.

Like I do not know how to explain it but if u seen the movie or read the book the Mist.  The dimensions bumping into each other, so on earth we started to see creatures from the past.  I know this movie is not fact, but fact is it is recorded throughout history that people have experience 3 days of complete darkness.  Sounds like a black hole to me, and I heard something about a black hole being near us and might suck us in?  And since no one really knows what a black hole does, I am just assuming that it doesn't destroy us but may be in part of our evolution into a higher dimension.

Edited by epiffanie, 19 June 2012 - 07:31 PM.

#23    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,713 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:24 PM

View PostNavyDoc, on 19 June 2012 - 12:13 PM, said:

Well there is a possibility that, given the site was built on and over a couple of times in it's past, the worshippers covered the old site over themselves with grand plans of building something new there and then all died of a passing plague, Or the religion became more nature based and the decided that all they needed to worship and connect with their belief system was a nice big tree so buried the site and planted a tree there,

#24    docyabut2

docyabut2

Poltergeist

• 3,156 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:34 PM

My thoughts are the site was buried by a invadeing force and they are not dating that site right. Hunters and gatherers could not have just come out of the woods 11,000 years ago to build something that perfect, when theres a evolution of  architictural design and how it relates to another culture, in the rough

Look familer? Both are Identical. The one on the Menorca (Balearic Islands - Spain) dates to 2000 bc.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ramonduran/1638591805/

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/multimedia/photos/?articleID=30706129&c=y

Edited by docyabut2, 19 June 2012 - 10:45 PM.

#25    docyabut2

docyabut2

Poltergeist

• 3,156 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:51 PM

Posted Image

http://www.spanishar...ria/taulas.html

#26    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 8,826 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:21 PM

heck this out:

It is not known why every few decades the existing pillars were buried to be replaced by new stones as part of a smaller, concentric ring inside the older one.[33] Human burial may or may not have occurred at the site. The reason the complex was eventually backfilled remains unexplained.
Source: Wiki

These folks did a lot of burying of their architecture there every so often.

Maybe they ran out of room inside the original "concentric ring" and just walked away after that? LOL

Why would they bury these columns every few decades?  It would indicate that burying a thing meant something to them, I surmise.

If so, then maybe they buried the final thing for the same reasons.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#27    Capt Amerika

Capt Amerika

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:29 PM

Maybe it was buried by a giant Cat that used the desert as its litterbox.

#28    docyabut2

docyabut2

Poltergeist

• 3,156 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:59 PM

You can`t judge the site and date it by the dirt that was dumped on it, you can only date it to how it relates to another culture.

Edited by docyabut2, 20 June 2012 - 12:01 AM.

#29    Mr. Smith

Mr. Smith

Dirt Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

• Anger is a wind which blows out the lamp of the mind.
    -Robert Green Ingersoll

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:21 AM

View Postchrome3d, on 18 June 2012 - 09:08 AM, said:

I think they wanted to preserve some of their legacy for generations to come. Especially if there was a lot of volcanic activity around the end of the ice age. Unfortunately too much time has passed and we don't know what it means anymore. Maybe more of it will be understood once the rest 90% of the site is revelead.

I would like to see some ancient sites that were not temples and such. it would be so cool if Göbekli Tepe rings were expensive state-of-the-art condos or hotel rooms. Stone Age 5 star hotel so to speak.

Or a whorehouse. :w00t: After all it is the oldest profession in the world...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users