Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Uri Geller on private island 'UFO hotspot'

• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

#16    ThePhantomFlanFlinger

ThePhantomFlanFlinger

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:41 PM

If ever there is a case for assisted suicide then Uri is it....just dont tell him though..!

Edited by BrianPotter, 19 June 2012 - 02:42 PM.

#17    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,115 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:10 PM

View PostDKO, on 19 June 2012 - 10:37 AM, said:

A 'Psychic' buys an island that he believes has hidden Egyptian treasure and now is being visited by UFOs. That's too much crazy in one for me. :wacko:
He has to get his moneys worth.

#18    Shayde

Shayde

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 212 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:14 PM

I live not far along the coast from this area, and I can attest to seeing many lights in the sky y'know. Mark you, it might have something to do with a very boring fact that there's a main flight-path nearby, plus the area has a good few small aircraft knocking about....

#19    TheMcGuffin

TheMcGuffin

Government Agent

• 3,965 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:51 PM

No comment.

"The stuff that dreams are made of"

#20    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:46 PM

Is this Geller fraud ever going to shut his mouth and back away from the limelight? He is an embarrasment to himself. He has zero credibility, I am surprised anyone is giving him any air time whatsoever.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3, 19 June 2012 - 06:47 PM.

#21    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:50 PM

View PostSpid3rCyd3, on 19 June 2012 - 06:46 PM, said:

Is this Geller fraud ever going to shut his mouth and back away from the limelight? He is an embarrasment to himself. He has zero credibility, I am surprised anyone is giving him any air time whatsoever.

From what I have seen here at UM resently I have no doubt that some people still believe in this clown. Simply because they choose to believe in him.  Embarrasing really. :blush:

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#22    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,629 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:04 PM

View PostSpid3rCyd3, on 19 June 2012 - 06:46 PM, said:

I am surprised anyone is giving him any air time whatsoever.

I wouldn't worry too much about a story from Scotsman.com under 'Odd News', stirring up a whole lot attention.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#23    WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

• When i'm right,no one remembers!
    When i'm wrong no one forgets !

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:25 PM

why you guys saying that he is a fraud? i think he really can bend spoons ..

#24    fran123

fran123

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:05 PM

His island is directly in the flight path. and very close to,  Edinburgh Airport so there will be lights above it from aircraft most times of the day and night if they are landing from the east, or taking off towards the east. I also have a family member who lives and works very close to where Mr Geller's island is and in over 30 years of being there, he has never reported seeing anything unusual.

#25    WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

• When i'm right,no one remembers!
    When i'm wrong no one forgets !

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:29 PM

so that 1 family member of yours counts for the entire place >? oh he never seen anything so there cant be anything?

#26    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:49 PM

View PostDKO, on 19 June 2012 - 01:42 PM, said:

He's all mystical until you try to get him to bend spoons he hasn't prepared.

BTW James Randi is my hero. :tu:

Anyone that exposes these charlatans is a hero of mine. Thanks for posting, DKO.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#27    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,058 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:01 AM

View PostWhyDontYouBeliEveMe, on 19 June 2012 - 09:25 PM, said:

I can bend spoons.  It's actually pretty easy when you know the trick:

Exhibit A:
Posted Image

Exhibit B, taken 15 seconds later:
Posted Image

It's a neat trick, but not hard to pull off if you know what you're doing.

edit: I uploaded the raw JPEGs from my camera so you can check the details (my pics have the EXIF data included) - it took 15 seconds from taking a fresh spoon in my hand to warping it into a Uri Geller-esque bent spoon.

edit2: I don't have a video camera (I have a DSLR that I gave my brother to take these pics and it has no video capability) and my phone doesn't even have a camera so sorry for the lack of video footage, but you can check YouTube, it's trivial to emulate Uri Geller in this respect.

Edited by Archimedes, 20 June 2012 - 01:13 AM.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#28    Earl.Of.Trumps

Earl.Of.Trumps

... And, the Right Jack

• 2,836 posts

• One of the beginnings of human emancipation is knowing when authority needs to be corrected | Hitchens, adapted

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:34 AM

Uri is a bit strange.

Many many years ago when he was a hot item, he was doing a late night TV show in US.
He planned to do - amongst other things, bend spoons - which was making him some kind of sensation.

Little did Uri know that when he came to that segment of his show, the host supplied the spoons and would not let him use his own.

Geller left the stage in a huff without doing that particular trick and became somewhat of a laughing stock. He was not heard from for wuite some time.

Good to see ya back, Uri LOL

"I'm not trying to say your wrong, I'm just saying I disagree with you" ~ Jeremy ~

#29    Englishgent

Englishgent

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

• all dinosaurs are thin at one end, much, much thicker in the middle, then thin again at the far end -- Monty Python

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:13 AM

View PostWhyDontYouBeliEveMe, on 19 June 2012 - 09:25 PM, said:

Yes. He can bend spoons, but only those he has specially prepared himself. Any spoon given to him that he has not had prior contact with, he refuses to even attempt to bend and comes up with excuses as to why he wont attempt it, or leaves the stage having thrown his dummy out of the pram.  Highly suspicious in anyone's book!.
The man is a fraud.  If you cannot see, or realise this, then maybe you should change your name to WhyAmISoGullible!  :)

#30    dharma warrior

dharma warrior

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 242 posts

• "Life is hard, it's harder if you're stupid.

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:14 AM

I can bend spoons and forks too! I draw the line at knives though. ouch!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users