Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 3 votes

Can anyone tell me who/what this may be?

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1    Waya6966

Waya6966

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:33 PM

This photo was taken with a SONY CYBER-SHOT 25MM WIDE ANGLE LENS DIGITAL CAMERA.so that excludes any 'processing error'.When I took the photo,the shadow off to the right of the window/door was not there.as I was standing back far enough that I would not capture my own silouhette.But to me it looks what appears to be a larger older male possibly in his 50's or late 40's.I'm not sure,you be the judgePosted Image

#2    MB Forde

MB Forde

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:47 PM

I know it's a dark photo, but did you use the flash?

#3    dlonewolf85

dlonewolf85

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 261 posts

• I'm not a bad boy,

But just misunderstood!!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:10 PM

View PostWaya6966, on 19 June 2012 - 12:33 PM, said:

But to me it looks what appears to be a larger older male possibly in his 50's or late 40's.I'm not sure,you be the judge

And you got all that just by looking at the shadow in the photograph? Sherlock Holmes would have been very proud.

Sorry, just pulling your leg. Take care man.

∂ Ѡοɭ ʄ85

#4    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,754 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:16 PM

This photo was taken with a SONY CYBER-SHOT 25MM WIDE ANGLE LENS DIGITAL CAMERA.
What *model*?

so that excludes any 'processing error'.
Why would it do that?  It a 1024 x 768 image which suggests you have resized it, and the forum strips off EXIF anyway, so we can't verify that it isn't altered/post-processed.  Not without access to the actual original media.

When I took the photo
Why did you take the photo, by the way?

the shadow off to the right of the window/door was not there.
So what were the lighting conditions?  What time was it?  Why was the flash turned off, and what were the other settings used?  Can we see some images that are properly exposed/lit, of exactly the same scene?  Can you stand at that doorway, and turn back to take another image so we can see exactly what was behind you?

as I was standing back far enough that I would not capture my own silouhette.
???  Back far enough from what?  Where were the light sources?

But to me it looks what appears to be a larger older male possibly in his 50's or late 40's.I'm not sure,you be the judge
It just looks like a shadow to me, most likely yours from a light source behind and slightly left of you, with the camera badly set up and forced to take a long exposure.  I certainly can't tell what the age of the shadow caster might be, and am fascinated by how *you* can..!

My garden is already magical and beyond beautiful - I do not need to invent fairies... - ChrLzs

The truth ONLY hurts when it slaps you in the face after you haven't done proper homework and made silly claims... - ChrLzs

#5    Waya6966

Waya6966

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:28 PM

View PostMB Forde, on 19 June 2012 - 12:47 PM, said:

I know it's a dark photo, but did you use the flash?

Nope,no flash used

#6    Waya6966

Waya6966

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:32 PM

View PostChrlzs, on 19 June 2012 - 01:16 PM, said:

What *model*?

Why would it do that?  It a 1024 x 768 image which suggests you have resized it, and the forum strips off EXIF anyway, so we can't verify that it isn't altered/post-processed.  Not without access to the actual original media.
That is the original media

Why did you take the photo, by the way?
My house is haunted,and it was the time all the activity seems to in crease so i thought maybe i could get a picture of orbs or the like.letme rephrase that..the property is haunted

So what were the lighting conditions? they were what you see in the picture What time was it?im not exactly sure,as i dont remember the exact time,but it was after 10PM  Why was the flash turned off,too bright and what were the other settings used?none that i recall  Can we see some images that are properly exposed/lit, of exactly the same scene?  Can you stand at that doorway, and turn back to take another image so we can see exactly what was behind you?directly about 10 feet behind me was a china cabinet and a doorway leading into a dark kitchen.

???  Back far enough from what?the window or anything area in the photo were my shadow /reflection would be noticed  Where were the light sources?

It just looks like a shadow to me, most likely yours from a light source behind and slightly left of you, with the camera badly set up and forced to take a long exposure.  I certainly can't tell what the age of the shadow caster might be, and am fascinated by how *you* can..!

#7    Biff Wellington

Biff Wellington

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:34 PM

This is about as compelling as orbs & mist.

#8    Waya6966

Waya6966

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:35 PM

View Postdlonewolf85, on 19 June 2012 - 01:10 PM, said:

And you got all that just by looking at the shadow in the photograph? Sherlock Holmes would have been very proud.

Sorry, just pulling your leg. Take care man.
Yes,I am very 'in-tune'as they say with those abilities.I can speak with/see as well as sense the dead.I go by my gut instinct about everything

#9    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:46 PM

View PostWaya6966, on 19 June 2012 - 01:35 PM, said:

Yes,I am very 'in-tune'as they say with those abilities.I can speak with/see as well as sense the dead.I go by my gut instinct about everything

So if you're that "in-tune", why are you asking us?

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#10    Agent D. Scully

Agent D. Scully

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 218 posts

• "O monstrous! O strange! We are haunted!"

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:53 PM

View PostRafterman, on 19 June 2012 - 01:46 PM, said:

So if you're that "in-tune", why are you asking us?

I second that.

It's a very bad, very dark photograph, and I would bet anything it's either the taker's shadow, or the shadow of some piece of furniture or something in the house casting a vaguely humanoid shadow.

De omnibus Dubitandum. All is to be doubted.

"Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you."

Come visit My  youtube channel!

#11    mcrguy18

mcrguy18

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 76 posts

• Ghost, Monsters and Demons i get but people are just crazy.

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:14 PM

i know that guy it's mr blurry photo

#12    GoldenRabbit

GoldenRabbit

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 213 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:18 PM

I think your selling old mate a bit short there, I think he looks to be in his early 20's

Go The Bunnies :)

#13    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,026 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:27 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image

Congradulations, You took a picture of your own shadow with out flash.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#14    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,285 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:20 PM

This photo was taken with a SONY CYBER-SHOT 25MM WIDE ANGLE LENS DIGITAL CAMERA.so that excludes any 'processing error'.
1. In my experience, "processing errors" in digital photography do not produce human shaped shadows in photos, so I'm not sure why you're so eager off the bat to exclude that as a possibility.  Of course that's not a "processing error".

2. Why do you think that naming your camera as a SONY CYBER-SHOT 25MM WIDE ANGLE LENS DIGITAL CAMERA helps exclude the shadow as being not a "processing error". Are Sony Cybershots 25mm Wide Angle Lens Digital Cameras notable for being free of "processing errors"?  I'm really not sure what you're getting at here.

When I took the photo,the shadow off to the right of the window/door was not there.
The shadow wasn't there in that you didn't see it in the camera's LCD viewfinder when taking the photo or wasn't there when you viewed the photo in camera after taking it? At what point did you see there was no shadow and when did you notice the shadow had subsequently appeared?

That's a definitely unwarranted jump to a conclusion. There's nowhere near enough detail to tell the size or age of whoever's shadow that might be.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

"If people put enough excrement in one pile they think they can safely claim that there must be something other than excrement in a pile that big." - stereologist

#15    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,322 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:43 PM

Posted Image

Looks like you got yerself a Close Encounter of the Third Kind there. :P

Posted Image

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users