Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

'Dating Game' serial killer accused

serial killer nyc dating game rodney alcala

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 6,165 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:51 PM

NEW YORK - A man already convicted and on California's death row for the decades-old murders of four women and a 12-year-old girl now faces charges in the slayings of two Manhattan women in the 1970s.

Rodney Alcala was scheduled for arraignment Thursday for the deaths of Trans World Airlines flight attendant Cornelia Crilley and aspiring researcher Ellen Hover, both 23.

It was unclear who would represent Alcala or even whether he would have a lawyer. A former photographer with an IQ said to top 160, Alcala represented himself at his California trial that ended with his convictions in 2010 for the five murders. He is appealing.

Full story

No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness. ~ Aristotle

#2    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:59 PM

Thanks for the update. :)

Wouldn't surprise me if he committed murders in other states. Police found over 100 pictures of women and girls in his locker, it's obvious to me that he was one of these killers who went from State to State, committing crimes in different areas a la Ted Bundy.

To learn more about the case:

#3    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 11,912 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:16 PM

Dating-Game Serial Killer

:passifier:

#4    susieice

susieice

December's Child

• 11,847 posts

• "Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice."
    .....Robert Frost

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:38 PM

Now that's a scary guy. I wonder what the woman from the Dating Game is thinking now. It doesn't say if he used his real name or not but I'm thinking he did. All those pictures found in his storage locker. I hope people come forward to identify them. They don't necessarily have to be deceased just because he took a pic, and many may not even know the pic exists. I'd be creeped to no end to find out mine was in there.

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to sharpen."  Eden Phillpotts

Opponere draconem est prehendere vitam

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." Arthur C. Clarke

#5    schizoidwoman

schizoidwoman

The roosting goose...

• 12,678 posts

• Much mischief is done by the misuse of mercury...

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:58 AM

View Postsusieice, on 21 June 2012 - 11:38 PM, said:

Now that's a scary guy. I wonder what the woman from the Dating Game is thinking now. It doesn't say if he used his real name or not but I'm thinking he did. All those pictures found in his storage locker. I hope people come forward to identify them. They don't necessarily have to be deceased just because he took a pic, and many may not even know the pic exists. I'd be creeped to no end to find out mine was in there.

He did use his real name; you can see him here:

She didn't go on the date in the end, apparently because she found him "creepy".

#6    susieice

susieice

December's Child

• 11,847 posts

• "Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice."
    .....Robert Frost

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:01 AM

People did respond to the pics. It seems the state of Washington wants to talk to bachelor #1 also.
http://latimesblogs....r&dlvrit=649324

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to sharpen."  Eden Phillpotts

Opponere draconem est prehendere vitam

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." Arthur C. Clarke

#7    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:06 AM

Thank you for the link, Sus.

#8    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,178 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:03 AM

I think I have said something like this before.  What bothers me the most about serial killers is that we may have actually only caught the "stupid" ones.  What we don't know is how many are out there "forensically attuned" to paraphrase Aphrodite from the earlier vid, and playing law enforcement like a violin.  

I shudder to think what the underbelly of the "civilised" world really looks like quite frankly. Lock your doors and keep a close eye on your children and loved ones people, the lunatics really might be running the assylum.

Edited by libstaK, 23 June 2012 - 03:04 AM.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users