Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Time Travel

john titor

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16    karmakazi

karmakazi

Crazy Cat Lady

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

• That which does not kill us, makes us stranger.

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:32 AM

View Postdiablo_04, on 24 June 2012 - 09:44 AM, said:

If we really have passed life, maybe it is possible. Once a women told me I died a horrible in my pass life, drowning in a sinking ship.
I don't have phobia of water and I like the sea, i like to swim, but when I take a shower or water is on my face, I have that feeling I can't take a breath, I'm choking, its weird.
....But still I'm not convinced there are passed life's.

I have the same thing... I think there is a bundle of nerves in the nose that when they get even a small amount of water on them trigger a strong response.  If I get even mist in my nose when I'm in the shower, I feel like I can't breath or I'm drowning.  It seems like a direct trigger of fight/flight response, and it's probably why waterboarding overrides the logical knowledge that you aren't actually drowning.

There is no greater risk in life than doing nothing.

#17    Drayno

Drayno

Bounty Hunter

• 3,917 posts

• States are domed when they are unable to distinguish good men from bad.

- Antisthenes.

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:17 AM

View PostRlyeh, on 25 June 2012 - 10:19 AM, said:

Provided you have a powerful enough ship and don't venture past the event horizon, you should in theory be able to escape a black hole assuming it doesn't rip you apart.

Right. In theory, of course. ;)

You would have to literally harness the power of a star, in an analogous sense, to have enough power to escape the gravitational pull.

I also heard about one idea of having a super-train with tracks that literally wrap around Earth. Time dilation is the concept that is applied. The train would have to travel at or almost precisely the speed of light. It is said that if a clock was on board, the hands would move rather slow in the momentous train, as opposed to a clock that is at rest. The relativity between the two clocks would not be noticed by humans at first, but the line between the two clocks would be drawn in the difference of billionths of seconds - that with immense speed, eventually add up. On an article I read, it stated:

"If such a train could attain 99.999 percent light speed, only 1 year would pass onboard for every 223 years back at the train station."

So technically, you would be time traveling.

Another concept that is more popularized is wormholes. I remember in my senior year of high school I worked in the library and I picked up Hawking's A Brief History of Time, and that is where I first got my taste of theoretical physics. In a microscopic, or quantum level, our mass might be able to be transported. But currently we know more about the observable Universe than we do microscopically. Of course there are ideas, such as String Theory, that are delving into the subject, and many great physicists are engineering the equations and concepts. However, physics is trial and error, from all accounts. It may be some time before we find out if time travel is indeed achievable.

Edited by Drayno, 26 June 2012 - 03:19 AM.

"Let us sit upon the ground and tell sad stories of the death of kings."
- William Shakespeare, Richard II, Act III, Scene II
Posted Image

#18    Drayno

Drayno

Bounty Hunter

• 3,917 posts

• States are domed when they are unable to distinguish good men from bad.

- Antisthenes.

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:20 AM

Right. In theory, of course. ;)

You would have to literally harness the power of a star, in an analogous sense, to have enough power to escape the gravitational pull.

I also heard about one idea of having a super-train with tracks that literally wrap around Earth. Time dilation is the concept that is applied. The train would have to travel at or almost precisely the speed of light. It is said that if a clock was on board, the hands would move rather slow in the momentous train, as opposed to a clock that is at rest. The relativity between the two clocks would not be noticed by humans at first, but the line between the two clocks would be drawn in the difference of billionths of seconds - that with immense speed, eventually add up. On an article I read, it stated:

"If such a train could attain 99.999 percent light speed, only 1 year would pass onboard for every 223 years back at the train station."

So technically, you would be time traveling.

Another concept that is more popularized is wormholes. I remember in my senior year of high school I worked in the library and I picked up Hawking's A Brief History of Time, and that is where I first got my taste of theoretical physics. In a microscopic, or quantum level, our mass might be able to be transported. But currently we know more about the observable Universe than we do about the microscopic Universe. Of course there are ideas, such as String Theory, that are delving into the subject, and many great physicists are engineering the equations and concepts. However, physics is trial and error, from all accounts. It may be some time before we find out if time travel is indeed achievable.

Edited by Drayno, 26 June 2012 - 03:21 AM.

"Let us sit upon the ground and tell sad stories of the death of kings."
- William Shakespeare, Richard II, Act III, Scene II
Posted Image

#19    TheHunter

TheHunter

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:32 PM

Hi,

Google brought me here, although i searched for something different..

I've read about this John Titor once, actually all info i could find and i still dont know if its true. His time machine looked convincing and the way it functioned. And he said everytime you travel back in time your normal time lane gets a little distorted (0.1-1%)..

He also mentioned Particle Colider in Cern and that we're gonna find the "god particle - Boson" in year 2012 and this turned out to be true..

Anyway I had this unsual dream not so long ago (1-2 months), it was about mind controlled time travel (time jumping).

I dreamed I could travel back in time with mind focused time jumping meditation :rofl:

I ended in 1950's era with few friends and there was another mind time traveler, but she was a spy with some strange scar on ear and neck - like burned flesh, i could see her neck had gills and she breath with those gills :D

She got alarmed when I checked out her scar from the distance, then she turned around and looked if someone followed her, later we shifted to early 1990's.. It looked like out some scifi show or a movie, crazy stuff lol

So my question is, is this even remotly possible or just some crazy dream? :)

Edited by TheHunter, 04 August 2012 - 09:24 PM.

#20    notoverrated

notoverrated

O.O

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

• courage > scooby

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:48 AM

havnt they already had  particals jump forward in time?

If your not after beauty, then why are you even drawing breath?

#21    Kevin28

Kevin28

Remote Viewer

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:35 PM

Has anyone seen Steins;Gate?

#22    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Aqualish Dude

• 5,811 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:56 PM

We are travelling through time right now aren't we?

Christopher Reeves was the lead role in a film about time travel with the power of the mind (http://en.wikipedia...._in_Time_(film)). That's for those who suggested time travel without a machine, quite an interesting film.

As for John Titor, what a pile of crap... I predict none of his predictions will happen, and I am from the year 2012.

Edited by Junior Chubb, 06 August 2012 - 12:57 PM.

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#23    praetorian-legio XIII

praetorian-legio XIII

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

• Beer; Now there's a temporary solution.

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:17 PM

A few years ago I had a dream where I went back in time to just before graduating high school. I spent the whole time there trying to convince the people I encountered from my past that I was back from the future. I remember feeling so fustrated and angry that no one would believe me and the knowledge I imparted to them regarding their own futures was just laughed at. Guess it doesn't mean anything but an interesting paradox never the less. Where as, although they had the opportunity to benefit from the knowledge they elected to dismiss it. How many of us would react the same way when presented with the knowledge of our own future I wonder? Perhaps its the not knowing thats important and makes everyday worth living.

#24    Emma_Acid

Emma_Acid

Alien Abducter

• 5,099 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:26 PM

View Postchezarelli, on 25 June 2012 - 09:33 AM, said:

In another forum the ability for subatomic particles to jump out of our reality and skip into another realm is real,
brings me to believe this is the basis for psychic ability.As our bodies are made of millions of subatomic particles
are mind during sleep focus the transition into forward time travel as they probably move beyond the speed of
light.Which gives forward insight into areas we don't know we are on the road to this is a theory i have the faster
we go mentally the more forward we move in the mind becoming iv done this before !!

The worst kind of physics-butchering pseudo babble.

Science isn’t about truth and falsity, it’s about reducing uncertainty ~ Brian Nosek

#25    Ta7adi

Ta7adi

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:13 PM

View Postkevink, on 05 August 2012 - 10:35 PM, said:

Has anyone seen Steins;Gate?

I watched it, nice anime and sad too.

#26    Ta7adi

Ta7adi

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:12 PM

I was searching for information about time travel and i came across this forum about time travel.   I read the replies and well i decided to reply too.

Time travel is possible for some people, it can be physical and non physical but the thing is you can't bring back anything solid which can be used as proof that you have been to new places.

Time travel in past and future is possible in a dream but not in real life. Where people can see their past life and/or future life.

But time travel with the aid of a machine or inside a machine i don't think or believe it is possible!

#27    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:23 PM

Besides movement faster through "time" realitive to someone else by traveling faster through space than them or acceleration and it's equivalents, there are no real states of the universe or different times to even travel to. The future is a probability ( unless you are a determinist), and the past is a record. I suppose with enough sophistication, mentally we can reconstruct the record to view it or construct the future in its probabilities. This is what happening for those of us who can travel in altered states.

Bottom line... To actually travel to a different time, you would have to rearrange the entire universe to the desired state." Time " as we perceive it is just a measurement we make to seperate events it's not something that can be manipulated because it's not really a something in the first place.

Even with the famouse wormhole thought experiment. If it could be done, the traveler would not really be traveling back in time. There would be no way to go back before one started. Possibly with enough acceleration and I mean a whole lot and the right timing, one could "go back" moments after one left as perceived by others that stayed there.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#28    Solipsi Rai

Solipsi Rai

...from the Desert...

• 2,865 posts

• he's Native and Indio-geneous to the Americas.

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:07 AM

Anyone can claim to travelled through time and self-declared "time travellers" are the kind of people to watch out for: I sense some of them are hoaxes meant to fool people into believing they are..."I came from the year 2040 and I have a message for you in 2012". :whistle:

The John Titor case remains a mystery, but I got a feeling he can be elusive and can't possibly say or do anything to disrupt the time-space continuum, without messing up our present in order to make it his "past" and make the future into something else entirely different, like some things never happened and some things did made to happen by the time traveler.

:innocent: The Truth is Out There - the X Files. :alien:

#29    Sufjan

Sufjan

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:12 PM

The bad thing is, that all of this time travellers can't change their history, because they just switch to other universes and timelimes.

#30    TheLogic

TheLogic

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:10 PM

Due to being at college I have not had time to read any of the previous comments but I would like to start off by saying I have had a similar experience.

And I believe that everyone time travels just by sitting in one place. Life is a journey with new discoveries yet to be made.

Also tagged with john titor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users