Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Extensive Water in Mars Interior

mars water life shergottite meteorites

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,113 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:31 AM

View PostDarkwind, on 02 July 2012 - 10:29 PM, said:

I don't care who goes as long as somebody goes. To do it, it is going to take an international effort, anyway.

There are now serious plans to actually do what you suggested:

From another thread:

Human settlement of Mars in 2023
Mars One will establish the first human settlement on Mars in 2023. A habitable settlement will be waiting for the settlers when they land. The settlement will support them while they live and work on Mars the rest of their lives. Every two years after 2023 an additional crew will arrive, such that there is a real living, growing community on Mars. Mars One has created a technical plan for this mission that is as simple as possible. For every component of the mission we have identified at least one potential supplier. Mars One invites you to join us in this next giant leap for mankind!

http://mars-one.com/en/

#17    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

We don't like you

• 5,411 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:55 PM

View PostGrey14, on 25 June 2012 - 12:49 PM, said:

Too many people  care about what celebrity reality show comes on this week or who is going to be voted off american idol than what we can find out in space. Sad to say but we arent the innovater's we used to be.

View PostAbramelin, on 03 July 2012 - 11:31 AM, said:

Human settlement of Mars in 2023
Mars One will establish the first human settlement on Mars in 2023. A habitable settlement will be waiting for the settlers when they land. The settlement will support them while they live and work on Mars the rest of their lives. Every two years after 2023 an additional crew will arrive, such that there is a real living, growing community on Mars. Mars One has created a technical plan for this mission that is as simple as possible. For every component of the mission we have identified at least one potential supplier. Mars One invites you to join us in this next giant leap for mankind!

Two birds with one stone Grey14?

Isn't this Mars One stunt going to be part funded by the fly on the wall filming of astronaut training and selection (and generous corporate sponsorship)? Surely this isn't serious.

Waspie, help me out here!!

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#18    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

We don't like you

• 5,411 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:48 AM

If you are interested there is a thread on the Mars One project, Big Brother in space (Cosmic Brother?)

http://www.unexplain...pic=228210&st=0

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users