Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Queen tells Kate to curtsy to princesses

kate middleton prince william curtsy queen

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 40,121 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:40 PM

The Duchess of Cambridge may be the future queen, but she has discovered that there are several women in the Royal family to whom she must show reverence. Mandrake hears that the Queen has updated the Order of Precedence in the Royal Household to take into account the Duke of Cambridge’s wife.

The new rules of Court make it clear that the former Kate Middleton, when she is not accompanied by Prince William, must curtsy to the “blood princesses”, the Princess Royal, Princess Alexandra, and the daughters of the Duke of York, Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie.

When William is with her, Kate does not need to bend the knee to either of them, but she must curtsy to the Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall, the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh.

Despite being married to the Queen’s son, the Countess of Wessex will, however, have to curtsy to Kate, even when William is not present.

http://www.telegraph...princesses.html

Posted Image

#2    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

inadequate

• 10,560 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:45 PM

They all need to get a life really, don't they?

'What she prayed for was nothing. She prayed that God would look on them and see the beauty of their existence .................... and leave them alone.'  from 'Bel Canto' by Ann Patchett

#3    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 17,369 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:01 PM

As an American this all seems very odd to me.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#4    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

inadequate

• 10,560 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:00 PM

As a Brit it all seems pretty crazy to me too! I wonder what would happen if she simply refused to do it ....... would she be locked up in the Tower of London?

'What she prayed for was nothing. She prayed that God would look on them and see the beauty of their existence .................... and leave them alone.'  from 'Bel Canto' by Ann Patchett

#5    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwķt éoredmęcg

• 5,076 posts

• Hige sceal že heardra, heorte že cenre, mod sceal že mare, že ure męgen lytlaš.

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:07 PM

'Family rules'. Every family has them to a greater or lesser extent. This is an indirect result of the watering down of Salic Law, (whereby the male line takes precedence), and has strengthened the position of females in the order of succession.

I can't see the problem myself, and it doesn't apply to the general public who do not have to bow or curtsy to any member of the Royal Family, (except on formal occasions such as award ceremonies (like my knighthood, when the Royal Mail finally locates the Warrant that's obviously been lost in one of it's sorting offices) etc.

Edited by ealdwita, 24 June 2012 - 04:08 PM.

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#6    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwķt éoredmęcg

• 5,076 posts

• Hige sceal že heardra, heorte že cenre, mod sceal že mare, že ure męgen lytlaš.

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:13 PM

View Postouija ouija, on 24 June 2012 - 04:00 PM, said:

As a Brit it all seems pretty crazy to me too! I wonder what would happen if she simply refused to do it ....... would she be locked up in the Tower of London?

That's the difference between Kate and the late Princess Diana. Kate knew the score before she married William and has accepted the situation, unlike Diana who was too dim and self-centered to realise what would be expected of her. (And look at the trouble that caused!)

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#7    Oppono Astos

Oppono Astos

Overlord of Delgon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:38 PM

The country and economy is going down the pan, and all the royals have to worry about is revising family protocol...

Who is the skeptic: the realist who won't accept belief, or the believer who won't accept reality?

#8    Delovely5150

Delovely5150

Nyx Undefined

• 2,546 posts

• My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style. -Maya Angelou

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:13 PM

Tradition, tradition, tradition.  Honor, respect and loyalty.  It's not always easy to please everyone but we do what we must.  We do what we can.  Of the family, by the family, for the family.

A window within the soul to see, light and magick I send with thee.
Be strong, be brave, make the right choice, though darkness shouts with a terrible voice.
Know that I'm watching from above and that always, always, the answer is love.

#9    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 14,479 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:25 PM

What must these peoples opinion of themselves be?  If I was royalty I would probably smack anyone that tried to bow to me.  Except my brother, it would be off with his head regardless of if he showed fealty or not.

#10    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

Savant

• 2,773 posts

• ראה

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:00 AM

It reminds me of Obama bowing to the Saudi King. It's one of the few things that would make me vote for Romulus.

Then again, he may realize that in a collapsing economy, the only bright light left is the price of oil, and they've got the valves open all the way, baby.

Regular $2.89 where I live.

Edited by Raptor Witness, 28 June 2012 - 06:06 AM.

Posted Image "Make Manifest Destiny a memory ..." 12-7-2011  "When the earth is displaced fully three times at the point of destiny ..." 10-29-2013

#11    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:07 AM

View Postealdwita, on 24 June 2012 - 04:13 PM, said:

That's the difference between Kate and the late Princess Diana. Kate knew the score before she married William and has accepted the situation, unlike Diana who was too dim and self-centered to realise what would be expected of her. (And look at the trouble that caused!)

Maybe if someone had taken the time to discuss the topic with Diana, she would have turned around and run screaming down the steps of St Paul's. He was 33 - she was 20. Couldn't he deal with a woman of his own age?

#12    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,896 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:15 AM

View Postealdwita, on 24 June 2012 - 04:07 PM, said:

'Family rules'. Every family has them to a greater or lesser extent. This is an indirect result of the watering down of Salic Law, (whereby the male line takes precedence), and has strengthened the position of females in the order of succession.

I can't see the problem myself, and it doesn't apply to the general public who do not have to bow or curtsy to any member of the Royal Family, (except on formal occasions such as award ceremonies (like my knighthood, when the Royal Mail finally locates the Warrant that's obviously been lost in one of it's sorting offices) etc.
  Hi Big E, I dont want to be a knight,as I would have to buy a horse , a sword ,a shield ,and some armour ,and I can't afford it, but you do get a badge on your shield with green shield stamps.Consectatio Excellentaia.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#13    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,896 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:19 AM

View Postspud the mackem, on 28 June 2012 - 08:15 AM, said:

Hi Big E, I dont want to be a knight,as I would have to buy a horse , a sword ,a shield ,and some armour ,and I can't afford it, but you do get a badge on your shield with green shield stamps.Consectatio Excellentaia.
  My Mrs made me get on bended knee a long time ago, and I've not been the same since ,but if I like her I might stay,( should have stayed at sea)

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#14    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

inadequate

• 10,560 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:41 PM

View PostAntilles, on 28 June 2012 - 06:07 AM, said:

Maybe if someone had taken the time to discuss the topic with Diana, she would have turned around and run screaming down the steps of St Paul's. He was 33 - she was 20. Couldn't he deal with a woman of his own age?
The 'woman of his own age' that he wanted was already 'taken'. The marriage to Diana was nothing more nor less than an arranged marriage so that the heir to the throne could produce heirs of his own . I felt really sorry for her because I think she thought he loved her, that he actually wanted to marry her. To be sucked into the royal family as a baby-making machine and then spat out when she was no longer useful was the most appalling thing to happen to a sensitive 20yr old.

#15    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 14,479 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:53 PM

View PostRaptor Witness, on 28 June 2012 - 06:00 AM, said:

It reminds me of Obama bowing to the Saudi King. It's one of the few things that would make me vote for Romulus.

The difference is that Kate is a royal subject, therefore it's proper (if you believe that kind of B.S.) that she bow.  If you are not a subject you should never bow to royalty.  That's why it was such a mistake (one that someone who is ignorant would make) for Obama to bow to royalty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users