Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What Do You Think Of This Picture

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1    Sara_BSD

Sara_BSD

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:28 AM

Short story. Yesterday I was at home by myself - I was cleaning our bathrooms. The one where the drawers open there is a bath mat in front of the sink ( horizontal). I picked it up and used some febreeze and placed it back down. I went to my bathroom and I started hearing noises in the other bathroom. Once the noise stopped ( 20 seconds) I went in to see the bath mat vertical and moved to the right by a foot - it is also flipped over. The tail is my cat - he follows me everywhere and was with me during the noise - plus the door to the bathroom was closed.
Today I was at my desk and got a weird feeling so took a couple pictures with my cell phone. BIG apology about the mess. It is the last of what we have not put away from the move. In a large mirror I unwrapped today ( it is completely free of fingerprints) there seems to be a image of a woman's face. Again I have no experience with any of this. The mirror is 5 feet tall and slated upward since it is not attached to the wall yet. The light is all natural coming from the window behind me ( the shade is 3/4 down) and from my doorway to the right of the mirror. There was no flash. I did increase the contrast a little.

I hope y'all can see the picture - I am not technology savvy at all.

Attached File  Screen Shot 2012-06-26 at 8.53.43 PM.jpg   56.47K   451 downloads

#2    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

• I can see it in their eyes, they've already died.

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:41 AM

Welcome to UM :)

I can't see a womans face.. or a cat tail, gosh I'm lost on this one.  Keep an eye out for a few more days and update if anything else freaky happens :)

The internet is a series of tubes, and those tubes are full of cats.

#3    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,016 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:42 AM

i see nothing unusual at all in the picture, sorry

#4    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:44 AM

It's a haunting and you should get out now.  Don't take anything with you, just leave and don't come back.  Run for the hills.  Stay in a hotel.  Change your name, get a different job, and start over from scratch.  Pray it doesn't chase you.  Change your hairstyle and your wardrobe.  Cuz if you don't...  you just might get more meaningless pictures in there...

Well, either that or sleep on it and then go about your normal business because there isn't anything there to worry about.  Your choice of course.

:P

Post Script:  Forgive me, I'm a smart ass.

#5    Doctor manhattan

Doctor manhattan

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 147 posts

• What progress we are making. In the Middle Ages they would have burned me. Now they are content with burning my books.
    -sigmund frued

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:17 AM

it just looks like a smudge on the mirror to me. also when we look at stuff like this our brains are programmed to make faces out of random shapes.

#6    schizoidwoman

schizoidwoman

The roosting goose...

• 12,538 posts

• Much mischief is done by the misuse of mercury...

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:45 AM

I can't see the picture at all - am I doing something wrong!?

#7    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,539 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:24 AM

View Postschizoidwoman, on 27 June 2012 - 08:45 AM, said:

I can't see the picture at all - am I doing something wrong!?
I can't see it either except what's in the OP. If I click on it to enlarge, it wont!

Posted Image

#8    schizoidwoman

schizoidwoman

The roosting goose...

• 12,538 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:29 AM

View PostStill Waters, on 27 June 2012 - 10:24 AM, said:

I can't see it either except what's in the OP. If I click on it to enlarge, it wont!

I can't even see that - must be my browser; I shall have to look at home tonight!

#9    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,539 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:37 AM

Oops I forgot to add - Welcome to UM Sara_BSD :)

Posted Image

#10    schizoidwoman

schizoidwoman

The roosting goose...

• 12,538 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:06 AM

Oops, I forgot to say welcome too!

#11    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,239 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:50 PM

:huh: Errr, what can you see in the OP, Still Waters?  I don't see a link, let alone a thumbnail..  Did something go wrong in a thread merge? - I seem to recall seeing that this poster started two similar threads, the second of which had the picture, but I can't see that second thread (and didn't -at the time- look at the pic)...  Maybe it is me dreaming..

Without that picture, I'm afraid I can offer only a completely neutral response...

I am neither convinced or unconvinced that there may or may not be something or nothing to this..

:)

All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

"Like the JFK assassination conspiracy theories, the UFO issue probably will not go away soon, no matter what the CIA does or says. The belief that we are not alone in the universe is too emotionally appealing and the distrust of our government is too pervasive to make the issue amenable to traditional scientific studies or rational explanation and evidence." - Gerald K Haines

#12    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,207 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:51 PM

View PostChrlzs, on 28 June 2012 - 12:50 PM, said:

:huh: Errr, what can you see in the OP, Still Waters?  I don't see a link, let alone a thumbnail..  Did something go wrong in a thread merge? - I seem to recall seeing that this poster started two similar threads, the second of which had the picture, but I can't see that second thread (and didn't -at the time- look at the pic)...  Maybe it is me dreaming..

Without that picture, I'm afraid I can offer only a completely neutral response...

I am neither convinced or unconvinced that there may or may not be something or nothing to this..

:)

Same boat.  No picture/thumbnail or link.

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#13    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,113 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:25 PM

Well I'll just let the rest of you who are in the same boat as me (the S.S. No Picture There) do the rowing and I'll wait to see if we get rescued. :P

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#14    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:36 PM

There was a picture there originally.  The OP must have deleted it later.

I couldn't see anything spectacular in it though.  :hmm:

#15    Cazee

Cazee

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 106 posts

• Im a Freakin Greenlander :D :P

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:31 AM

No dice on the picture, OP must have deleted it.

Edited by Cazee, 29 June 2012 - 05:32 AM.

JN said:

GHOSTS ARE PEOPLE TOO..
Yep your right bro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users