Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Loch Ness monster cited by US schools as

evolution loch ness monster darwin christian schools

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#16    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:26 PM

A Scottish theme to creationism...  Like Creationism needed another myth added..  lol..   Well if the kids are silly enough to fall for the myth .there is no saving them .poor little mites  :P

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#17    ThickasaBrick

ThickasaBrick

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

• "Your wise men don't know how it feels to be thick as a brick." "I'll judge you all and make damn sure that no-one judges me."
    -Jethro Tull

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:21 PM

Horrible, horrible idea. I would love to see how they tie in god and nessie. Maybe nessie was gods steed of choice during his days of creation. Whole armies of angels riding lake monsters. Nessie is the devil?

#18    __Kratos__

__Kratos__

-Staring-

• 25,876 posts

• As darkness falls, night unfolds ebony wings to wrap the world in it's dark embrace.

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:01 PM

Youngsters will be told that if it can be proved that dinosaurs walked the earth at the same time as man, then Darwinism is fatally flawed.

What of all the species of animals and bacteria that have been around since the dinosaurs? :blink:

Another claim taught is that a Japanese whaling boat once caught a dinosaur.

As cool as that would be...

The Zuiyo-maru carcass is a creature initially claimed to be a prehistoric plesiosaur that was caught by the Japanese fishing trawler Zuiyō Maru (瑞洋丸?) off the coast of New Zealand in 1977. Although several scientists insisted it was "not a fish, whale, or any other mammal",[1] analysis later indicated it was most likely the carcass of a basking shark by comparing the number of sets of amino acids in the muscle tissue.[2][3]
http://en.wikipedia....yo-maru_carcass

It's just amazing how some people view the world.

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." ~Philip K. Dick

"Passion, peace. Strength, knowledge. Power, serenity. Victory, harmony. Freedom, the Force." ~Ashara Zavros

#19    csspwns

csspwns

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

• "Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish."

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:59 AM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 28 June 2012 - 10:49 PM, said:

Posted Image
nice one :)

"If god doesn't like the way I live, let him tell me, not you." "A believer is not a thinker and a thinker is not a believer." - Marian Noel Sherman, M.D.

"Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned."

#20    csspwns

csspwns

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

• "Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish."

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:00 AM

science = evidence
religion= faith
u decide which u wanna follow

"If god doesn't like the way I live, let him tell me, not you." "A believer is not a thinker and a thinker is not a believer." - Marian Noel Sherman, M.D.

"Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned."

#21    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,212 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:30 AM

Which is why I am against vouchers. If you want to send your kid to one of those schools fine, but not with my dime. :td:

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#22    Englishgent

Englishgent

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

• all dinosaurs are thin at one end, much, much thicker in the middle, then thin again at the far end -- Monty Python

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:16 AM

What I would like to know is this :-
How does a government allow these types of schools to brainwash children. These poor kids are going to grow up convinced that we walked with dinosaurs and that Nessie is real!
There should be a law against it.  I am all for freedom of speech but when it comes to teaching our kids, then they should be taught what is real and not what is pure and utter crap!

#23    Odin11

Odin11

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

• I like your Christ.
    I do not like your Christians.
    They are so unlike your Christ.
    -Gandhi-

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:07 AM

View PostEnglishgent, on 30 June 2012 - 03:16 AM, said:

How does a government allow these types of schools to brainwash children. These poor kids are going to grow up convinced that we walked with dinosaurs and that Nessie is real!
There should be a law against it.  I am all for freedom of speech but when it comes to teaching our kids, then they should be taught what is real and not what is pure and utter crap!

I agree, I think this is child abuse. They are purposely making these kids stupid to keep them indoctrinated in their beliefs.

"If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities." -Voltaire

Geology shows that fossils are of different ages. Paleontology shows a fossil sequence, the list of species represented changes through time. Taxonomy shows biological relationships among species. Evolution is the explanation that threads it all together. Creationism is the practice of squeezing one's eyes shut and wailing "Does not!" ~Author Unknown

#24    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

• I can see it in their eyes, they've already died.

Posted 30 June 2012 - 07:50 AM

The lengths these people will go to is pathetic.

The internet is a series of tubes, and those tubes are full of cats.

#25    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,418 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:35 AM

View PostEldorado, on 29 June 2012 - 01:37 PM, said:

Nessie ain't real?  pfft

It ain't just America and it ain't just those "crazy Christians".

I work in Personnel.  I read application forms from University Graduates who know not the difference between "there, their and they're"!!!!!

Keep lowering the bar in education and you reap what you sow.

:yes:

That bothers me to  too!    Then too ,  improperly using the word then, rather than. . than .  
And people who use   . .. dots in sentences!  lol   But..   Long live Nessy! :)

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#26    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 9,976 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:54 AM

View Postlightly, on 30 June 2012 - 11:35 AM, said:

That bothers me to  too! Then too ,  improperly using the word then, rather than. . than .  
And people who use   . .. dots in sentences!  lol   But..   Long live Nessy! :)

It doen't bother me.  It disappoints.  University used to be for the gifted and the rich.  Nowadays it's for the rich and any other pampered brat that can talk.
But fear not, Lightly.  We are in good hands.......

"Is our children learning?" -- A US President (Yale University)

#27    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 5,956 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:42 PM

Aw come on - there is a bright side.  The influx of tourism dollars in Scotland is gonna shoot through the roof in the next 5-20 years.  Spruce up them "Nessie" props and um, try to make them a little more life like and convincing, even with this boost from the fundamentalists not everyone is gonna stay "fooled" forever.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#28    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,212 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:12 PM

View PostEnglishgent, on 30 June 2012 - 03:16 AM, said:

We have this thing called the Bill of Rights. If you want to teach your children BS as part of your religion you can.  It is called free speech and religion. It is the price we pay for a so called free society.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#29    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 9,976 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:32 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 30 June 2012 - 12:42 PM, said:

Aw come on - there is a bright side.  The influx of tourism dollars in Scotland is gonna shoot through the roof in the next 5-20 years.  Spruce up them "Nessie" props and um, try to make them a little more life like and convincing, even with this boost from the fundamentalists not everyone is gonna stay "fooled" forever.

I'd rather we got money from elsewhere, to be honest.

"Schools" teaching children falsehoods should be illegal.  Everywhere. There's the home and "churches" for that kind of stuff.

Innit!

Edited by Eldorado, 30 June 2012 - 01:44 PM.

#30    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:41 PM

View PostEldorado, on 30 June 2012 - 01:32 PM, said:

I'd rather we got money from elsewhere, to be honest.

"Schools" teaching children falsehoods should be illegal.  Everywhere. There's the home and "churches" for that kind of stuff.

Innit!

Hammer...nail  ...head  ..

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

Also tagged with evolution, loch ness monster, darwin, christian, schools

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users