Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

World On The Brink

2012 ww3 world war 3 china iran

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#46    lliqerty

lliqerty

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:26 AM

View PostDrayno, on 06 July 2012 - 08:31 PM, said:

The  government's job is to lie; the president's job is to lie - that's machiavellian politics for you.

It's a shame, however, that the United States public gets caught in a hurricane of lies and deceit as a result.

I'm somewhat familiar with it. It's a nonpartisan think tank organization; from what I gather much of their discussions are left confidential.

Why do you say the government's job is to lie, unless you are joking? IMO, it is what they do but it is not their job. Their job is to serve the people. Even, the people own  the government.

A nonpartisan think tank sounds rather benign. And it is intended to. Hillary Clinton said that it is where she gets told what to do in regards to foreign policy. People might say, so what? Well, we do not elect the members, as you said, their discussions are left confidential, so Hillary who is our representative, just as an example, does not follow her own values when functioning in her position, but the values of the CFR. Non-partisan only means that both are equally being corrupted in the same way.

#47    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,682 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:17 PM

View Postlliqerty, on 07 July 2012 - 02:26 AM, said:

Why do you say the government's job is to lie, unless you are joking? IMO, it is what they do but it is not their job. Their job is to serve the people. Even, the people own  the government.

A nonpartisan think tank sounds rather benign. And it is intended to. Hillary Clinton said that it is where she gets told what to do in regards to foreign policy. People might say, so what? Well, we do not elect the members, as you said, their discussions are left confidential, so Hillary who is our representative, just as an example, does not follow her own values when functioning in her position, but the values of the CFR. Non-partisan only means that both are equally being corrupted in the same way.

I was being semi-facetious, but partially serious as well. Yes, we live in a state of popular sovereignty. However, the role of public service has hastened towards a strange, backwards entitlement with too much power, rather than true service.

"One leader, one people, signifies one master and millions of slaves." - Camus

#48    lliqerty

lliqerty

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:43 PM

View PostDrayno, on 07 July 2012 - 10:17 PM, said:

I was being semi-facetious, but partially serious as well. Yes, we live in a state of popular sovereignty. However, the role of public service has hastened towards a strange, backwards entitlement with too much power, rather than true service.

I know this clip and i agree with the facetious half. The other half I would be curious hear more about.

I believe people are always more or less the same, strengths and weaknesses. I believe the system is what needs to be molded such that it balances the weaknesses to make them equally strong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users