Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

School Spirits

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,439 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:46 PM

Anyone view the new show School Spirits on Syfy, true accounts of the paranormal? I tell you what  the second show scared the heck out of me more then any of those paranormal movies.

http://www.syfy.com/...id:18499413v102

Well if anyone did see the show, who do you think the ghost was , a kid that hung himself in that closet  or was it a projection  of Chris`s fears?

Edited by docyabut2, 30 June 2012 - 01:54 PM.

#2    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,025 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:59 PM

View Postdocyabut2, on 30 June 2012 - 01:46 PM, said:

Anyone view the new show School Spirits on Syfy, true accounts of the paranormal? I tell you what  the second show scared the heck out of me more then any of those paranormal movies.

http://www.syfy.com/...id:18499413v102

Well if anyone did see the show, who do you think the ghost was , a kid that hung himself in that closet  or was it a projection  of Chris`s fears?

I swear that I have seen in the credits with the line "Based on a true story". can Any one confirm this?

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#3    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,439 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:53 PM

Dorm Room Night Mare (a dorm in NY) was the name of the show I`m refering to and yes they say these are true events. Its on again at 5am Sun morning, but i` advise  no one watch it alone in the dark:):) If anyone had Demand TV just go to TV entertaiment,  and then to Syfy click on Syfy and the shows should be there and come on free to watch.

#4    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,025 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:56 PM

View Postdocyabut2, on 30 June 2012 - 03:53 PM, said:

Dorm Room Night Mare (a dorm in NY) was the name of the show I`m refering to and yes they say these are true events. Its on again at 5am Sun morning, but i` advise  no one watch it alone in the dark:) :) If anyone had Demand TV just go to TV entertaiment,  and then to Syfy click on Syfy and the shows should be there and come on free to watch.

Yeah, Credits say based on a true story. When they say that 90% of the story is altered

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#5    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,439 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:53 AM

I can say characters portraying the story line, however as told by the true whitness of that paranormal event.

#6    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,439 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:44 AM

Was anyone brave enough to have watch the show this morning:):)

#7    devilmaycare

devilmaycare

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:12 PM

I've seen both and like them both. The second one of the guys dorm and him literally staring one down was amazing. I know they embellish but remember his dad's part where he spent the entire night sitting with a gun and bat and then the next day says, "love ya, have a nice day". lol

If you have nothing you would die for, then you also have nothing to live for.

"It is not worth an intelligent man's time to be in the majority. By definition, there are already enough people to do that." G. H. Hardy

#8    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,580 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:46 PM

I'm sure the folks at SUNY Geneseo were quite happy to learn that Dad was sitting there with a pistol all night.

Fun show, but I agree that there's probably quite a bit of embellishment going on in the retellings.  The biggest red flag for me, however, was how they showed very little interest in researching the history of the dorm.  If some kid hung himself in the room, it would be in at least the school paper.  That would have been the first thing I would have done.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#9    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 6,850 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:00 PM

I'm willing to bet SciFi is using real stories told by real people. Heck, they even advertised on UM for people to give them stories...

http://www.unexplain...=school spirits

Whoever told SciFi the story probably really believes whatever happened to them was paranormal. And after all, they got a clever legal team, and know to use the term "true story" instead of "true events".... it's enough of a jargon difference to keep them out of serious trouble.

#10    pinupgirl

pinupgirl

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 184 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:13 PM

I bet if they did some digging on that last episode,they would find some poor kid commited suicide in the closet.Just my feeling on it if it was all true paranormal accounts.

#11    pinupgirl

pinupgirl

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 184 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:19 PM

View PostRafterman, on 02 July 2012 - 04:46 PM, said:

I'm sure the folks at SUNY Geneseo were quite happy to learn that Dad was sitting there with a pistol all night.

Fun show, but I agree that there's probably quite a bit of embellishment going on in the retellings.  The biggest red flag for me, however, was how they showed very little interest in researching the history of the dorm.  If some kid hung himself in the room, it would be in at least the school paper.  That would have been the first thing I would have done.

I agree!!Why not do the research and add that to the show?? :unsure2:

#12    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,030 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:51 PM

View Postpinupgirl, on 02 July 2012 - 05:19 PM, said:

I agree!!Why not do the research and add that to the show?? :unsure2:

Because it's Hollywood. End of story.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#13    ThePhantomFlanFlinger

ThePhantomFlanFlinger

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:13 PM

School Spirits...well...i just drank beer..couldnt afford spirits...argghh iam getting sooo lame...ignore me...

#14    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 6,850 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:16 PM

I didn't watch the SUNY Geneseo episode.. I'll have to wait till it reruns or something. So, I don't know what-all is in the episode yet. I did read the little catchup blurb on the SciFi website..

Sounds like they used the story of C2D1/Erie Hall ghost... Here's a nice article about that. http://thelcn.com/20...g-theater-near/

Is it an example of seriously paranormal? I don't know, I haven't researched it.

#15    Jeffertonturner

Jeffertonturner

Hero Squad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

• I may not be the smartest, or the best looking, or the most successful but...what was I saying? I'm depressed.

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:19 AM

Stories told by people are just that, stories.

I really doubt there is much fact going on there. Just entertainment for the ghost crowd.

~Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while -and do whatever you want all the time -you can miss it.~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users