Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

first post, possible big cat in Western Aust?

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#31    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

There has been an awakening

• 5,271 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:55 PM

View PostDKO, on 04 July 2012 - 12:47 PM, said:

Oh yes the picture is a little misleading but the tail measured 60cm, that's longer than my cat in total haha.

I wonder how many of the 'out of place' big cat sightings around the world have a similar source of feral cats. That cat could easily be called a Puma or Panther by an uneducated witness or if seen on a poor quality video.

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#32    thewatchman7

thewatchman7

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

• like joseph stalin, and ghandi,
    im the cult of personality!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:01 PM

View PostWandering, on 04 July 2012 - 05:32 AM, said:

I have been involved in 1 freaky occurence at gnangara pine plantation. Used to take our bush bashers there to thrash, destroy and set on fire until we ran across some kind of cult meeting.

iv actually come across something similar.
weird as hell.

#33    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:13 PM

View Postthewatchman7, on 04 July 2012 - 01:01 PM, said:

weird as hell.

What was it? Are cult activities common in the pines? haha

Edited by DKO, 04 July 2012 - 01:13 PM.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#34    Wandering

Wandering

Conspiracy Theorist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:03 AM

View Postrampaging redneck, on 04 July 2012 - 07:39 AM, said:

I go there all the time for four wheel driving as I live pretty close, are serious????? What happened?

The most unusual thing I've seen out there is feral pig tracks.

View PostDKO, on 04 July 2012 - 07:42 AM, said:

Haha that's crazy. I go forbying (four-wheel driving / off-road driving - for the non-Aussies on this page :tu: ) out there all the time.

What were they doing?

Me and 3 mates had seperated from our main group of people with 4wds and were just smashing around in an old corolla killing it. We flew over a rise and there was this group of people in a costume reminiscent of a KKK uniform standing around a big fire all chanting some crap. We thought "right, this is a bit weird lets get out of here" so he chucked a Uie and managed to get us bogged in the sand on the side of the track. Of course then this entire group of people starts slowly walking towards us.... Could have been to help us but they were ****in weird! Everyone that wasnt driving got out and rocked it a bit and luckily enough we skidded on out, we all jumped back in and legged it the **** outta there. Don't remember seeing any cars either....Like they all walked there. Weird.

View Postthewatchman7, on 04 July 2012 - 01:01 PM, said:

weird as hell.

In the pines? What happened to you?

Edited by Wandering, 05 July 2012 - 01:10 AM.

#35    rampaging redneck

rampaging redneck

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:23 AM

I think the pines needs its own thread lol, seems to be Western Australia's answer to Texas's "big thicket" lol :)
In regards to the cat in the video, even with generations upon generations of breeding, I find out doubtful that a feral cat could have a tail that by itself is longer than an entire domestic cat, I don't think the results of the testing that occurred were interpreted truthfully by the media in that video.

#36    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:41 AM

View PostWandering, on 05 July 2012 - 01:03 AM, said:

Me and 3 mates had seperated from our main group of people with 4wds and were just smashing around in an old corolla killing it. We flew over a rise and there was this group of people in a costume reminiscent of a KKK uniform standing around a big fire all chanting some crap. We thought "right, this is a bit weird lets get out of here" so he chucked a Uie and managed to get us bogged in the sand on the side of the track. Of course then this entire group of people starts slowly walking towards us.... Could have been to help us but they were ****in weird! Everyone that wasnt driving got out and rocked it a bit and luckily enough we skidded on out, we all jumped back in and legged it the **** outta there. Don't remember seeing any cars either....Like they all walked there. Weird.

Man that's creepy.

Mental note - Don't go to the pines at night.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#37    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

There has been an awakening

• 5,271 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:49 AM

View PostWandering, on 05 July 2012 - 01:03 AM, said:

That's a great story Wandering, I bet you all found a bit of extra strength to rock yourself out of that sand.

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#38    kreative1

kreative1

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:23 PM

Mate of mine working towards Karratha has seen big feral cats, size of Kelpies, said some off the WA old times tell stories of Tassie tigers, pumas and weird looking animals around work camp sites. Here in Victoria plenty of sighting in Gipsland, Halls Gap, Lancefield way, even lion, hyena sighting towards the Dandenongs  I've done some night tracking in those area, never seen anything, but a customer at work is a retired trapper in the Blue Mountains, said, lets just say that there are big kitties around, very big kitties. I keep asking my country customers about big cats, tassie tigers, they clam up and laugh it off as just big ferals.

#39    thewatchman7

thewatchman7

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:11 PM

View PostDKO, on 04 July 2012 - 01:13 PM, said:

What was it? Are cult activities common in the pines? haha

dudes in grey 'druid' type robes,

were chanting and all turned and stared as we went past.
it was night and the lights on the old jeep arnt too great. was actually very scary, looked like some form of ritual going on.

#40    Wandering

Wandering

Conspiracy Theorist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:43 PM

View Postthewatchman7, on 05 July 2012 - 02:11 PM, said:

dudes in grey 'druid' type robes,

were chanting and all turned and stared as we went past.
it was night and the lights on the old jeep arnt too great. was actually very scary, looked like some form of ritual going on.

****! That's the same as mine!

#41    thewatchman7

thewatchman7

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:47 PM

View PostWandering, on 05 July 2012 - 02:43 PM, said:

****! That's the same as mine!

would appear to be the same group.
id say there probably just pagens, they done us no harm or made any attempt to get rid of us but i did feel unwelcome

#42    rampaging redneck

rampaging redneck

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:46 PM

View Postthewatchman7, on 05 July 2012 - 03:47 PM, said:

would appear to be the same group.
id say there probably just pagens, they done us no harm or made any attempt to get rid of us but i did feel unwelcome

Note to self, find new four wheel driving area.

#43    thewatchman7

thewatchman7

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:02 AM

View Postrampaging redneck, on 05 July 2012 - 09:46 PM, said:

Note to self, find new four wheel driving area.

haha yeah im not gonna lie, im not going there unless its full daylight and im with people. even dusk scares me there.

#44    rampaging redneck

rampaging redneck

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:44 PM

Should probably set up game cameras there out of curiosity just to see what might be there. Would probably turn up nothing but no harm in trying I suppose.

#45    Wandering

Wandering

Conspiracy Theorist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:04 AM

View Postrampaging redneck, on 06 July 2012 - 03:44 PM, said:

Should probably set up game cameras there out of curiosity just to see what might be there. Would probably turn up nothing but no harm in trying I suppose.

That's not a bad idea. Probably catch alot of 4wding maybe some bodies being buried ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users