Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Torah Writers Knew Heliocentric System

torakosmos hitomi torah bible sun

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Poll: Torah Writers Knew Heliocentric System (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Should I write more?

1. Yes pleas, this is interesting. (11 votes [91.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 91.67%

2. No thanks. (1 votes [8.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1    AndreasGS

AndreasGS

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:33 PM

Hello. My name is Andreas. I am from Germany and I came here to discuss my research.

The Discovery of the Torakosmos

In Hebrew all letters are also a number, so that one can obtain the value of a word by adding these numbers.

Originally I wanted to analyze the distributions of such values in the Hebrew biblical book of Genesis and found therefore a computer-based graphical method to display them. That method should provide round eye-shaped views through using a polar coordinate system and so I named the method “Hitomi” which is Japanese for the pupil of the eye.

The Hitomi-method worked because I quickly realized that by this method certain numbers form real pictures: Planetary positions and cycles, star constellations, astronomical and geometric connections, and mystical symbols.

Among these things I found the depiction of a heliocentric system, in which the heavenly bodies Jupiter, Saturn and Sun are positioned like they were at the Jupiter-Saturn conjunction on September 30th in the year 7 BC. In addition there is also a picture of the Big Dipper as it stood on that day at 20:30 o'clock over Bethlehem.

I am new to this forum and am very unsure whether I should write more. Do you think this research is just a variant of some "bible-code nonsense" or are you interested to learn more?

all the best,
Andreas

Posted Image
      http://www.torakosmos.de - Occult Dimensions of the Bible

#2    brizink

brizink

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:31 PM

Tell me more. Science and astronomy in my religious text makes my brain tingle. You could presumably email me at: kach117@aol.com if you like.

#3    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,819 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:20 PM

I'd like to read more too.

It is, however, something of a misconception that the ancients never considered a heliocentric solar system - the Greeks (such as contemporaries of Pythagoras) were obsessed with the motion of the celestial spheres and debates raged about what was at the centre of the solar system - in fact they only settled on Earth being the centre because the mathematics of calculating the motion of everything else was "neater" and easier if we assumed Earth was stationary! Even then a lot of theories abounded about how Earth could move and the centre of the solar system was just to the left of Earth and so on and so forth, the biggest stumbling blocks for the Greeks was they didn't know the size of the sun (if they did, their maths would tell them that it HAD to be at the centre), which they thought was about four times the size of the Earth, and they thought orbits were perfectly round (they're not, they're ellipses). Either of those facts would have forced the Greeks into a heliocentric model and "damn the maths" ;)

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#4    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:57 AM

Here is more: http://www.torakosmos.de/

#5    AndreasGS

AndreasGS

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:20 AM

Yes, the Greeks. Thanks for the details. It is "commonly known" that the first scholar who used the heliocentric model was Copernicus who lived 1473 to 1543 AD. This is not really true. Around 270 BC the Greek scholar Aristarchus of Samos held the view that the Earth was a globe and revolved around the Sun. Unfortunately his writings about the heliocentric system are lost, and his theory is only known through Archimedes and other contemporaries of him. Later, around 150 BC, Seleucos of Seleucia, also known as Seleucos of Babylon, defended Aristarchus' view.

But I always thought a heliocentric system is easier to calculate? In the geocentric model some extra math must be added to account for retrograde motion "loops". in the heliocentric system everything motion is "plain". Am I right?

Now to the discovery:

Basically I arrange all words of the Genesis into a wheel and mark every word that has the searched value with a dot. Here is an example picture that is formed by the value 231:

Posted Image

Apparently the picture formed from the key number 231 seemed like a compass to me. But with a compass one can make circles, and so I did: Starting from the angular point of the pretended compass I drew circles through the other dots in that picture and also one through its center. I immediately realized that these circles (red) should be planetary orbits, and the angular point of the compass should be the Sun. Well, the orbits do not relate to each other like in reality, but they do relate in the measure of the golden ratio. This is remarkable though.

Posted Image

By assuming that the dot in the center of the picture should be the Earth we can count that the two outermost orbits must be those of Jupiter and Saturn. And obviously there these two planets are in a conjunction when spotted from Earth.

I grabbed some astronomical data and found out that this depicted conjunction was the one on September 30. in the year 7 BC. And this picture clearly shows knowledge or at least the theory of the heliocentric solar system, that must have been familiar to the creators of the Hitomi-pictures.

Now another one of the pictures shows the Big Dipper as it stood on the mentioned day at 20:30 o'clock over Bethlehem just above the horizon directly in the north. This is exactly the time that is given by the astronomical data for the mentioned conjunction.

Posted Image

Ok, that is it so far.

best regards
Andreas

Edited by AndreasGS, 04 July 2012 - 04:22 AM.

Posted Image

#6    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:41 AM

Hello Andreas,

When you mentioned that conjunction in 7 BC, I remembered something:

Possible birthdate of Jesus, according to appearance of a very bright triple conjunction of the royal star Jupiter and Saturn in the sign of Pisces (land in the west) in May until December of that year since 854 years, with a retrogradation and stationing in November 12, 7 BC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7_BC

And although I found the link to your site, I haven't read it all, so you may have mentioned it there.

Edited by Abramelin, 04 July 2012 - 04:41 AM.

#7    AndreasGS

AndreasGS

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:53 AM

Hello Abramelin,

personally I do not believe in a physical star of Bethlehem, but the accurate data for the three conjunctions in 7 BC is there: http://www.torakosmos.de/jsc.php

all the best,
Andreas

Posted Image

#8    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:59 AM

View PostAndreasGS, on 04 July 2012 - 04:53 AM, said:

Hello Abramelin,

personally I do not believe in a physical star of Bethlehem, but the accurate data for the three conjunctions in 7 BC is there: http://www.torakosmos.de/jsc.php

all the best,
Andreas

Well, I don't either, but it seemed like an interesting coincidence to me.

Btw, my compliments for your website (AND for your discovery).

#9    AndreasGS

AndreasGS

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:08 AM

Thanks. :)

Well, I don't either, but it seemed like an interesting coincidence to me.

While I do not believe the star, I do believe that the date and the picture has to do with Jesus or (rather?) a "Christ Concept" very much.

Or perhaps the retrograde motion of Jupiter was the reason for the biblical star to change its direction (as its written there that it changed direction)? Well, Saturn is to faint to enhance Jupiter to a star of Bethlehem, and further the two planets met, but did not appear as one.

Posted Image

#10    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:32 AM

I'm not familiiar at all with the heliocentirc system nor  who discovered it.  FIrst off welcome to UM Andrea;

Doing research for an entirely different topic (the origins of the knight Templar) I read the Abacus and the Cross the life of Gerbert D*Aurillac who became known  as Sylvester II the pope of the millenium.  From early age Gerbert went to study in Spain in Maurish schools.  There are lots of informations in this book about the Arabs' discovery but more so how those discoveries were done using greek early math.  Since it wasn't the subject of my research I just glanced through it real quick but perhaps you could find more evidence for what you are looking for

this book

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

#11    AndreasGS

AndreasGS

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:16 AM

Dear Paracelse,

thank you for your kind greeting and suggestion. It would be good if you tell me more. But I think recommending a book that one has not read by himself is complicated.

all the best,
Andreas

Posted Image

#12    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:21 PM

View PostAndreasGS, on 04 July 2012 - 11:16 AM, said:

Dear Paracelse,

thank you for your kind greeting and suggestion. It would be good if you tell me more. But I think recommending a book that one has not read by himself is complicated.

all the best,
Andreas
I ve read the book but I skipped all the mathematical part about the astrobal something I'm really not interested into.  I only wanted to know of the whereabouts of Gerbert d'Aurillac while he was studying in Spain with the Arabs.  This is when I found the work he brought back to Reims and Metz (where he was teaching until he became pope) was used by Copernicus.  I do read books but pay only attention to want I'm searching ;)

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

#13    AndreasGS

AndreasGS

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:38 PM

So maybe the heliocentric system published by Copernicus was influenced or already 'discovered' by that pope?

If those "Hitomi"-pictures were in the Torah from the start, I guess the church knew about them. Or not? Maybe if you needed to hide something very important from your foe, why not under his own pillow, where he would never expect it?

Posted Image

#14    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:58 PM

View PostParacelse, on 04 July 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

I ve read the book but I skipped all the mathematical part about the astrobal something I'm really not interested into.  I only wanted to know of the whereabouts of Gerbert d'Aurillac while he was studying in Spain with the Arabs.  This is when I found the work he brought back to Reims and Metz (where he was teaching until he became pope) was used by Copernicus.  I do read books but pay only attention to want I'm searching ;)

I think youi meant  to write "astrolabe", an apparatus to determine the position of sun, moon, planets and stars relative to the earth, and using those measurements for calculating one's position on earth.

It has nothing to do with heliocentric.

Edited by Abramelin, 04 July 2012 - 02:00 PM.

#15    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,628 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:15 PM

View PostParacelse, on 04 July 2012 - 05:32 AM, said:

I'm not familiiar at all with the heliocentirc system nor  who discovered it.  FIrst off welcome to UM Andrea;

Doing research for an entirely different topic (the origins of the knight Templar) I read the Abacus and the Cross the life of Gerbert D*Aurillac who became known  as Sylvester II the pope of the millenium.  From early age Gerbert went to study in Spain in Maurish schools.  There are lots of informations in this book about the Arabs' discovery but more so how those discoveries were done using greek early math.  Since it wasn't the subject of my research I just glanced through it real quick but perhaps you could find more evidence for what you are looking for

this book

Heliocenticity was generally accepted between Aristarchus of Samus (somewhere in the 3d cntury BC) and Ptolemy (1st century AD), who reintroduced the terra centric system, mostly because it fit better with his favorite superstition: Astrology.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users