Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

US government: "mermaids don't exist"

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#76    Order66

Order66

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

• The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger ...

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:12 AM

What is the measure of proof? What kind of answer are you looking for?

Posted Image

#77    Vzy4kat63

Vzy4kat63

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:53 PM

I suppose the US Government had nothing else to do besides reassure the public that mermaids don't exist   :td:

#78    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:52 PM

View Postkeninsc, on 04 July 2012 - 11:14 AM, said:

Wonder how many millions the Government spent to determine that they, "probably do not exist"? Talk about always keep an exit open just in case the odd zombie or mermaid should pop up?

Our Government at work!~!!

HAHAHA TELL ME ABOUT IT!!  In 28 days later werent they infected with the "RAGE VIRUS"  ? I could be wrong Its been a while since Ive seen it, its an excellent movie though.

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#79    ygoloozotpyrc

ygoloozotpyrc

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

• "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:39 PM

I don't think they should have said no so quickly after all the deep blue sea is the number one spot for an undiscovered species to be found.

#80    mysticwerewolf

mysticwerewolf

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

• I'm baaaaaack

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:02 PM

I didn't believe in mermaids, right up until the government decided to inform me that they don't exist. Now i have to wonder  why waste the time to make sure we all believe they don't exist unless they actually do exist. I don't generally believe in conspiracys BUT I also rarely believe  everything that the govenment says, when a statement like this is made there is a reason for it.

#81    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:13 AM

I never gave mermaids or zombies much thought until Uncle Sam informed us "officially" that they didn't exist.  That only makes me wonder what kinds of things they know that we don't, or what they have been cooking up in their military laboratories.  LOL.

#82    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:17 AM

View PostLilly, on 04 July 2012 - 09:43 AM, said:

What with the economy, huge debt, the health care fiasco, and various wars, I'm surprized the US government finds the time for this kind of stuff. I can see it now...Congressman assures his constituents that he's been 'working hard' on their behalf by de-bunking mermaids and zombies. :rolleyes:

The best way they could debunk something is to say nothing about it at all.  As soon as they say something on any subject, most people will think it's a cover up--a little habit the country picked up in Vietnam, Watergate, Contragate, etc, etc, etc.

#83    godlybeing

godlybeing

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:26 PM

damn, i was looking forward to mee5ting ariel

#84    godlybeing

godlybeing

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:26 PM

damn, i was looking forward to mee5ting ariel

#85    Ninhursag

Ninhursag

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

• Et In Arcadia Ego

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:43 PM

If The Government Says They Don't Exit, The Definitely Must Be Real.

~ Nothing In Nature Is By Chance... Something Appears To Be Chance Only Because Of Our Lack Of Knowledge. - Brauch De Spinoza ~

#86    Silence Dogood

Silence Dogood

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:24 PM

If they dont exist the  US goverment should counter it and explain what was found then!

#87    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,745 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:50 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 01 August 2012 - 02:13 AM, said:

I never gave mermaids or zombies much thought until Uncle Sam informed us "officially" that they didn't exist.  That only makes me wonder what kinds of things they know that we don't, or what they have been cooking up in their military laboratories.  LOL.
It's all the fault of some TV movie that presented itself as a documentary, and was actually shown (at least in Australia) on a documentary channel about mermaids being found.
This resulted in a lot of people contacting the government to ask about the mermaids, thus the government had to say "stop asking, they're not real".

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

By Aliens Exist in Evolution Theory?, on 05 July 2012 - 05:30 AM

Source: US government: "mermaids don't exist"

Yeah, OK,  U.S. Government, I believe that just like I believe that Area 51 and the Mafia don't exist?

Were not all that stupid U.S. government, were really not at...

Read Full Entry →

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users