Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

US government: "mermaids don't exist"

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#46    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 4,135 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:07 PM

They are saying it because the one they tried  to catch ,flipped the bird and got away so they have to save embarrassment.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#47    Order66

Order66

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

• The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger ...

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:00 PM

View PostSaru, on 04 July 2012 - 09:16 AM, said:

The Herald Sun said:

The United States government has assured its citizens that, much like zombies, mermaids probably do not exist, saying in an official post: "No evidence of aquatic humanoids has ever been found".

Posted Image Read more...

It's not saying they don't exist, it's saying the evidence hasn't been found. If someone presents evidence of mermaids, then you can present evidence in contradistinction to say that the evidence does not represent a mermaid, it's something else. ( for example someone presents a photo of a mermaid, you can say its just a photoshop) But if you say 'mermaids don't exist' in response to an absence of evidence, you are just using a lack of evidence to respond to a lack of evidence. Neither statement has any falsifiability because there's nothing tangible for both sides to examine, so there's no way to disprove anything.

Posted Image

#48    markdohle

markdohle

Alien Abducter

• 5,224 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:09 PM

View PostAliens Exist, on 05 July 2012 - 05:30 AM, said:

Yeah, OK,  U.S. Government, I believe that just like I believe that Area 51 and the Mafia don't exist?

Were not all that stupid U.S. government, were really not at all!

signed: Unbeliever of believing the Government

Wow, that is a relief, now I can go back in fishing LOL.

#49    blind pew

blind pew

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:25 PM

View PostSaru, on 04 July 2012 - 09:16 AM, said:

In an unusual announcement the US government has assured people that mermaids most likely don't exist.

"most likely" don't exist?  What does that mean?

#50    WolvenHeart7

WolvenHeart7

Alien Abducter

• 4,562 posts

• Your throne was exalted long ago. You are from eternity.

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:15 PM

What a random thing to say. I wonder why they just blatantly come out with this? Everyone should know they don't exist. lol

"When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do." -William Blake

#51    wolfknight

wolfknight

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts

• There is nothing to Fear, but fear itself

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:35 PM

Total BS something is being covered up again. What a the video that was shot on the beach and the unknown sounds recorded this is not whales or dolpins. New unknown sea creature.

#52    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Aqualish Dude

• 5,777 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:39 PM

For those having a pop at the American government about this, please read the article. This is not a sudden nationwide announcement like calling in Marshall law, or Barack Obama doing an emergency press conference on the White House lawn. Because some plonkers who watch the Discovery Channel now believe Mermaids are real they wrote to the National Ocean Service asking if Mermaids are real, they responded with an online comment stating that there is 'probably' no such thing as mermaids.

Get a grip, there is nothing going on here except a quirky news story and a dumb general public.

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#53    Cryptid_Control

Cryptid_Control

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:05 PM

View Postwolfknight, on 05 July 2012 - 05:35 PM, said:

Total BS something is being covered up again. What a the video that was shot on the beach and the unknown sounds recorded this is not whales or dolpins. New unknown sea creature.

What video?

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

#54    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:03 PM

View PostJunior Chubb, on 05 July 2012 - 06:39 PM, said:

For those having a pop at the American government about this, please read the article. This is not a sudden nationwide announcement like calling in Marshall law, or Barack Obama doing an emergency press conference on the White House lawn. Because some plonkers who watch the Discovery Channel now believe Mermaids are real they wrote to the National Ocean Service asking if Mermaids are real, they responded with an online comment stating that there is 'probably' no such thing as mermaids.

At least thousands of Americans now know we have a National Ocean Service. It's a department of the better-known NOAA.

#55    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Aqualish Dude

• 5,777 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:15 PM

View Postscowl, on 05 July 2012 - 09:03 PM, said:

At least thousands of Americans now know we have a National Ocean Service. It's a department of the better-known NOAA.

True, my worry is that they may now get inundated with more trivial enquiries. I will expect an announcement about Caddy next week :tu:

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#56    Danten

Danten

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 71 posts

• After all, he was the walrus. I could be the walrus but I would still have to bum rides off of people.

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:42 PM

Mermaids?  History suggests that perhaps these mermaids were actually Dugongs the naval men would have a romp with.  Not to say one way or the other, but just another POV

#57    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Aqualish Dude

• 5,777 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:51 PM

View PostDanten, on 05 July 2012 - 09:42 PM, said:

Mermaids?  History suggests that perhaps these mermaids were actually Dugongs the naval men would have a romp with.  Not to say one way or the other, but just another POV

Well well well, the nasty side effects of banning homosexuality in the Navy back in the day...

Edited by Junior Chubb, 05 July 2012 - 09:52 PM.

#58    Danten

Danten

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 71 posts

• After all, he was the walrus. I could be the walrus but I would still have to bum rides off of people.

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:53 PM

Naval men during these times bit the pillow anyways during this time.

#59    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Aqualish Dude

• 5,777 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:05 PM

View PostDanten, on 05 July 2012 - 09:53 PM, said:

Naval men during these times bit the pillow anyways during this time.

I'm sure there was many a 'Rear Admiral' in the Navy, but the punishments back then were very severe. Your comment made me think it might well have been safer going for bestiality over homosexuality then making up some Mermaid malarkey if you got caught.

Edited by Junior Chubb, 05 July 2012 - 10:06 PM.

#60    CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

• Without going out of my door
    I can know all things of earth
    Without looking out of my window
    I could know the ways of heaven

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:21 AM

View Postblind pew, on 05 July 2012 - 04:25 PM, said:

"most likely" don't exist?  What does that mean?
It probably means that the US goverment does believe why take the time & money to say they dont, or they are most likely up to something like always and need us to look the other way.

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

By Aliens Exist in Evolution Theory?, on 05 July 2012 - 05:30 AM

Source: US government: "mermaids don't exist"

Yeah, OK,  U.S. Government, I believe that just like I believe that Area 51 and the Mafia don't exist?

Were not all that stupid U.S. government, were really not at...

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users