Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dutchman Builds Full Size Replica Of The ArK

ThePhantomFlanFlinger

Hmm..the way the British weather is at the moment,i dont think he needs to worry about sailing it up the Thames to the Olympics....could probably sail it all over Britain with ease...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2170080/Dutch-carpenter-builds-scale-replica-Noahs-Ark-plans-sail-Thames-Olympics.html

• Like 3

Hmm..the way the British weather is at the moment,i dont think he needs to worry about sailing it up the Thames to the Olympics....could probably sail it all over Britain with ease...

http://www.dailymail...s-Olympics.html

Now lets see if 2 of every critter fits in there :devil:

• Like 5

:lol: ...im thinking not... :lol:

Edited by BrianPotter

That's impressive. lol

• Like 1

More proof that people can be complete fools and bible stories are allegorical not literal.

More proof that people can be complete fools and bible stories are allegorical not literal.

Friendly input :)

Friendly input :)

Considering the level of the stupidity, I'd say my comments were mild really.

Over a million sterling to try and prove the unprovable?

If he were really bothered about Christ's teachings and wanted to make a point based upon them, he might have considered donating ALL of that huge amount to help those in povety rather than wasting it trying to disprove facts that are simply accepted by all sensible Christians.

• Like 2

Let me guess... he also believes in the end of the world?

I wish I had that much spare time and money but if I did i wouldn't be building an ARK.

• Like 2

i know what id be doing with one million and that much spare time...

I wonder what kind of motor he has in it. Looks like it will take about a million in fuel to move it.

Over a million sterling to try and prove the unprovable?

If he were really bothered about Christ's teachings and wanted to make a point based upon them, he might have considered donating ALL of that huge amount to help those in povety rather than wasting it trying to disprove facts that are simply accepted by all sensible Christians.

I actually agree with that.

Why doesn't he house the homeless in it, instead of filling all that space with plastic animals. lol

Edited by Coffey

I don't see how he wooden floors could hold all the weight.

Would'nt elephants, rino's and such go crashing through it ? :unsure:

• Like 1

It's a non-starter already, QM. The Ark is in breach of the European Human Rights Act. (no gays or lesbians required)

(jokin)

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 1

An how about the dinosaurs too? http://creationmuseum.org/ Apparently, two of each of them were there also. I saw it on the internet so it must be true.

• Like 1

well, not just the weight of the living, what of all the feed.. and CLEAN drinking water? sure it rained for over a month, so you have the clean water, but it needed contained for when the rain stops and it is hot enough to dry up all that there water for land to peek out.. so yea, loads of water.. plus.. food for human consumption too, not to mention the strength of the floors after all that feces juice and urine soak the straw and reach the floor before the pitiful few numbers of humans can clean ALL that mess..

i mean.. woah, it would be a full time job to clean it all up with dozens on hand.. yet he did not have dozens of strong men.. eh?

*grins*.. good think I always took it as a myth..

• Like 1

7 pairs of every 'clean' animal, if you recall.

Only one pair of all those other filthy beasts.

Yawn, Its been done before, unless he knows something [dramatic pause] we don't. :cry:

What ever floats your boat I guess. Or in this case, Ark.

Hey gOOdfella...

thread is useless without pics..

Have you met Skookum yet?

Some pics on here very impressive.

http://www.nytimes.c...30ark.html?_r=1

Cheers for saving me some leg work.

I was leaning towards the waste of money point of view, but this looks jaw dropping. To some it may be a waste of time and money, but visitors to the smaller trial version generated a profit of $1.2 million. Not bad for a (smaller) wooden boat.

Edited by Junior Chubb
  • Like 1

It's crazy, but why not. And all the world leaders can come walking off it at the opening of the Olympic games, each with a designated animal.

• Like 1