Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

No Such Thing As Aliens On Earth Unless.....

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#166    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

"If we would know, then we would be more wisdomed."

• 9,553 posts

• "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:31 AM

View PostSheep Smart, on 22 May 2013 - 02:09 AM, said:

-
Oh really, and why is that?

It seems a touch unsporting, but since you specifically asked: you managed to make two spelling errors in the very same post you condemn someone else's spelling. I mean, I'm all for good grammar, but on the occasions I call someone else's out (which is pretty rare), I make sure all my own ducks are in a row so the comment carries a bit of weight and doesn't develop into a pot v. kettle issue.

--Jaylemurph

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#167    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 12,282 posts

• - God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi -

"Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:50 AM

Posted Image

lets not be prickly now ....

He who postpones the hour of living rightly ... is like the rustic who waits for the river to run out ... before he crosses.
Horace - Roman lyric poet & satirist 65 BC - 8 BC
~

third_eye cavern ~ bring own beer

#168    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

"If we would know, then we would be more wisdomed."

• 9,553 posts

• "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:58 AM

View Postthird_eye, on 23 May 2013 - 01:50 AM, said:

lets not be prickly now ....

She asked! It would have been rude not to answer!

--Jaylemurph

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#169    Macroramphosis

Macroramphosis

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 319 posts

• "The clever men at Oxford
    Know all that there is to be knowed.
    But they none of them know one half as much
    As intelligent Mr. Toad!"

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:14 AM

I think sometimes we get hung up on the word "life". As an example, there is every possibility that when humans die out robots we have created will continue to exist and self-perpetuate according to their programming. Is that life ? Is a space-craft that humans launch, with self-repairing capabilities, going to prove the existence of life to other "life-forms" it might encounter on its solar-wind fuelled travels, hundreds of years from now and billions of miles away ?

What happens if there are other planets out there with no life but something ELSE ? What if that something ELSE is here on earth already and answerable for many of the paranormal, fortean and cryptic mysteries we have ? As an example, if a poltergeist is capable of lifting a chair, is it capable of making a space-rocket ?

(on the whole, I do side with Abitran though..... :D)

(and this from a fella who saw seven or eight UFO's fly past him a month ago - observed through a very nice pair of Zeiss binoculars, too)

Edited by Macroramphosis, 23 May 2013 - 04:17 AM.

“You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.”

#170    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 12,282 posts

• - God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi -

"Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:58 AM

View Postjaylemurph, on 23 May 2013 - 02:58 AM, said:

She asked! It would have been rude not to answer!

--Jaylemurph

Yes she did ... and yes it would ....

Posted Image

thank goodness ... thank you Jay my friend ... for the little bit of magic today
:tu:

He who postpones the hour of living rightly ... is like the rustic who waits for the river to run out ... before he crosses.
Horace - Roman lyric poet & satirist 65 BC - 8 BC
~

third_eye cavern ~ bring own beer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users