Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Hearing the Voice of God

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#46    eight bits

eight bits

• 7,626 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:56 AM

Shabd

As I mentioned, I wrote in good-faith reliance on the article you posted without remark, about the  accomplishemnts of a Stanford faculty member who studies the anthropology and psychology of personal religious experiences. If mine wasn't the discussion you were looking for, then perhaps next time you might consider including a brief statement of your goals along with your link.

Look

Thank you for the kind words. In the sense I was taliking about, everybody who is functional has an ego. I'd love to improve mine, especially getting more harmony within and without, but there is no part of me that I deny or actively seek to get rid of. Ego has a job to do, and I let mine get on with that, with an occasional reminder to watch where our elbows are :) .

Posted Image

#47    Shabd Mystic

Shabd Mystic

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

• "Religion is to mysticism what popularization is to science." ~ Henri Bergson

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:08 AM

I get the idea that some of you might be responding to me but I just wanted to say that I'm not reading any more of this because i'm truly not interested in any competition to see who can be "right." I concede.

#48    Avatar Samantha Ai

WE DO LOVE YOU

• 3,746 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.
    -AF

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:38 PM

Whenever you want to try again to understand each other feel free to open another dialogue. What do you mean by see who is "right"? Right and wrong is black and white thinking and it is grey that should be prefered. There was no comeptition in some of our minds.

Out beyond ideas of right and wrong there is a field. I'll meet you there.

—Rumi

Edited by Lookitisoneofthosepeople, 20 July 2012 - 01:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users