Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Ouija board helps probe the subconscious

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,076 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:14 AM

Psychologists are using Ouija boards to explore how we communicate with our own subsconcious mind.

New Scientist said:

Beloved of spiritualists and bored teenagers on a dare, the Ouija board has long been a source of entertainment, mystery and sometimes downright spookiness. Now it could shine a light on the secrets of the unconscious mind.

Posted Image Read more...

#2    St. Jimmy

St. Jimmy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 12:28 PM

It could be anything, you never know with these things.

#3    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 12:52 PM

View PostSt. Jimmy, on 08 July 2012 - 12:28 PM, said:

It could be anything, you never know with these things.

There is another possibility and thats the subconscious is the spirit world.

But that kind if idea drives materialists mad.

#4    csspwns

csspwns

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

• "Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish."

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:19 AM

like instinct and conscience?

#5    lancimouspitt

lancimouspitt

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:06 AM

I think Jung covered this a long time ago as well.

#6    shaka5

shaka5

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts

• I always call people fools for wanting to learn the hard way....When I'm really the fool for tryna teach 'em

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:55 PM

Every time I see something about a Ouija board I feel sad for the human kind... :w00t: :w00t:  but then I starting laughing

I have less compassion than the average human.

#7    Super-Fly

Super-Fly

Caporegime.

• 1,301 posts

• The Loonies Are Running
    The Asylum!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:09 PM

I saw this somewhere before, where the momvements provided are from those around the board.
Interesting topic none the less.
Be interesting to see what the researcher gather from this.

nice find OP!

Super-Fly!!3

TrueStory.

#8    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,731 posts

• One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it. ~ Master Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:38 PM

I would run, not walk, away from any mental health professional that resorts to fluff bunny garbage in their practice.
That would be like a doctor coming into the room waving a dead snake and shaking a rattle made with bones while dressed in drag chanting in some obscure language.

Sorry but the mental health field has sunk to a new low.

#9    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• 1,976 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:53 AM

One night at a friends house there was 4 of us me my 2 friends and his girl friend so we broke out the board.so the friends uncle killed him self.
And we had our finges on the pointer and he said his uncles name are you here and there was a light above the kittcen table and the light turned bright green and we all ran out side .very creepy

#10    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,385 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:31 AM

Oh great, that's all we need. A bunch of psychologists possessed by Ouija board demons.

#11    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:14 AM

Unconscious muscle movement?  Bull poop.  It moves via electrical impulse through our fingers or in other word, telekinesis.  We all can do it in varying degrees and we usually do it in an unconscious state... So we are not aware when it happens.  Power of the mind...  Who was it that said, "w don't know just how powerful we are".

As to what messages come through is debatable but I believe that it it's communication with other  entities as well as subconscious messages.  Why not?  Often channels will go into "trances" to talk to spirits, they are using their subconscious abilities.  

Just imagine what we could do of we were able to unlock the power of our minds!    I know I'd fly.  :0)

Edited by Lava_Lady, 10 July 2012 - 11:22 AM.

#12    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:29 AM

View PostRyu, on 09 July 2012 - 05:38 PM, said:

I would run, not walk, away from any mental health professional that resorts to fluff bunny garbage in their practice.
That would be like a doctor coming into the room waving a dead snake and shaking a rattle made with bones while dressed in drag chanting in some obscure language.

Sorry but the mental health field has sunk to a new low.

It's just research, mainstream physicians would never jump onto such a controversial band wagon, way too much liability.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#13    demonid011

demonid011

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:37 AM

Dammit I wonder what there going to do if they come across zozo lol.

#14    777MileStare

777MileStare

~Magneto-kinetic~

• 2,022 posts

• "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."~Heraticles

Posted 15 July 2012 - 02:22 PM

I used to use ouija boards back in 93, I learned how to open my subconcious to new levels through reading them without a planchette. Alone. It proved to be kindof a mind expanding experience. When you read the board ( manufactured or self made) you can tap into the spirit world on your own and discover connections. Unfortuneatly its' dangerous to do that since it's an opening to evil spirits as well as good ones.

For many years I was diagnosed with schizophrenia and have suffered from voices from the 'beyond' always bothering me. I never found a medication that has made the voices go away since then. Luckily now they have decreased to just a few 'good' voices with positive outlooks.

So whatever happens don't use it alone unless you know what your doing....

ABSOLUTION

#15    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:23 PM

View PostIMN, on 15 July 2012 - 02:22 PM, said:

I used to use ouija boards back in 93, I learned how to open my subconcious to new levels through reading them without a planchette. Alone. It proved to be kindof a mind expanding experience. When you read the board ( manufactured or self made) you can tap into the spirit world on your own and discover connections. Unfortuneatly its' dangerous to do that since it's an opening to evil spirits as well as good ones.

For many years I was diagnosed with schizophrenia and have suffered from voices from the 'beyond' always bothering me. I never found a medication that has made the voices go away since then. Luckily now they have decreased to just a few 'good' voices with positive outlooks.

So whatever happens don't use it alone unless you know what your doing....

Thats the thing you dont know what your contacting when you mess around with that stuff and say you contact an evil spirit that doesnt WANT to leave you alone then what

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users