Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Roswell UFO Was Not Of This Earth

• Please log in to reply
596 replies to this topic

#541    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:17 PM

And for those were were asking me about the guy who disappeared after giving testimony for the Disclosure Project, it was John Maynard of the Defense Intelligence Agency.  I heard that he was arrested in 2003, and I can find out nothing more about him after that.  Nothing at all.

I am 100% certain that he was telling the truth about what he knew.

#542    Myles

Myles

Alien Abducter

• 4,515 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:20 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 01 August 2012 - 09:17 PM, said:

And for those were were asking me about the guy who disappeared after giving testimony for the Disclosure Project, it was John Maynard of the Defense Intelligence Agency.  I heard that he was arrested in 2003, and I can find out nothing more about him after that.  Nothing at all.

How can you be 100% certain.

#543    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:27 PM

View PostMyles, on 01 August 2012 - 09:20 PM, said:

How can you be 100% certain.

Easily, since I was in the same line of work for many years, although I never met him.  If anyone has any information about what happened to him after 2003, I'd definitely want to find out about it.  Is he alive or dead?  Is he still being held somewhere or did he make a deal to keep quiet?  I'd really like to know that, boys.

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 01 August 2012 - 09:49 PM.

#544    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:27 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 01 August 2012 - 09:27 PM, said:

Easily, since I was in the same line of work for many years, although I never met him.  If anyone has any information about what happened to him after 2003, I'd definitely want to find out about it.  Is he alive or dead?  Is he still being held somewhere or did he make a deal to keep quiet?  I'd really like to know that, boys.

I really have trouble with the religious angle he promotes. He finds Ezekiel's wheel and quote "conclusive proof" of ET visiting here for 5 millennia. I cannot agree with that.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#545    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:36 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 02 August 2012 - 12:27 AM, said:

I really have trouble with the religious angle he promotes. He finds Ezekiel's wheel and quote "conclusive proof" of ET visiting here for 5 millennia. I cannot agree with that.

He was one of those guys who had UFO experiences and got religion because of it, although also because he questioned the morality of what the military and the intelligence agencies were doing in various places.  Any religion I ever had when I was younger is long gone, though, and in general I thought the people we were up against were at least as bad as us, and often a lot worse.

Anyhow, I would like to know what happened to Maynard after 2003 because after his alleged arrest he fell right off the map, as if into a black hole somewhere.

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 02 August 2012 - 12:47 AM.

#546    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,834 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:29 AM

Dont you just Love those Black Holes ? MIB`s must have a monopoly on them ! :alien: :no: :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#547    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:40 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 02 August 2012 - 12:36 AM, said:

He was one of those guys who had UFO experiences and got religion because of it, although also because he questioned the morality of what the military and the intelligence agencies were doing in various places.  Any religion I ever had when I was younger is long gone, though, and in general I thought the people we were up against were at least as bad as us, and often a lot worse.

I agree, religion had the same effect on me, I consider myself agnostic these days. It was different with the Old School though from my experience. My Father was a very religious person, more than ever in his final decade, he got quite involved with the Church. With the old school guys, it seemed the older they got, the more likely they were to dive into religion, or similar. My mother was very much the same, but far worse.
I am only sad that I will have to leave my kids one day. I find that the most daunting aspect of death. I an see why an afterlife is a very attractive concept.

Anyhow, I would like to know what happened to Maynard after 2003 because after his alleged arrest he fell right off the map, as if into a black hole somewhere.

I have seen the rumours of the alleged arrest, I find that one hard to swallow because all of his claims and information (that supposedly got him locked up to begin with) are still up and available on the net. I just checked Surfing the apocalypse, which holds one of his more well known interviews, and it is still 100% intact. If he really was taken for what he was saying, then one would have to assume that his writings would also disappear. I wonder if he will show up having done some big unannounced tour of the world incognito, or if he might become another Harold Holt.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#548    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:02 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 02 August 2012 - 01:29 AM, said:

Dont you just Love those Black Holes ? MIB`s must have a monopoly on them ! :alien: :no: :tu:

No, I can't say that I ever felt any warm and fuzzy feelings for them.

#549    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:03 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 02 August 2012 - 01:40 AM, said:

I have seen the rumours of the alleged arrest, I find that one hard to swallow because all of his claims and information (that supposedly got him locked up to begin with) are still up and available on the net. I just checked Surfing the apocalypse, which holds one of his more well known interviews, and it is still 100% intact. If he really was taken for what he was saying, then one would have to assume that his writings would also disappear. I wonder if he will show up having done some big unannounced tour of the world incognito, or if he might become another Harold Holt.

Maybe he's dead, but no one seems to have heard anything at all about him.

#550    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:36 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 02 August 2012 - 02:03 AM, said:

Maybe he's dead, but no one seems to have heard anything at all about him.

Do you know if he had a middle name or where he lived? Near every link on the net is saying the same thing that you have posted, no biography, nothing. Just the article I already mentioned. I found a few John Maynard's in death records here - Link. A few possible candidates, but without further information, hard to determine if one of these records pertain to the same man. Not much at find a grave either.

#551    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:47 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 02 August 2012 - 06:36 AM, said:

Do you know if he had a middle name or where he lived? Near every link on the net is saying the same thing that you have posted, no biography, nothing. Just the article I already mentioned. I found a few John Maynard's in death records here - Link. A few possible candidates, but without further information, hard to determine if one of these records pertain to the same man. Not much at find a grave either.

I've never been able to find out anything more about him, not even where he was from or where he lived when he got out of the Army.  Nothing.

#552    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,246 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:17 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 01 August 2012 - 09:17 PM, said:

Hmmm.   When MacGuffin first posted about this he stated:

By the way, I know of one military UFO witness who took part in a Disclosure Conference and ended up just being gone.  I mean, he is just plain gone like he never existed.  I don't say that happens all the time, but I know for sure that it happened to him.  Why do you think that so many of those people wait until they are old and sick, with one foot in the grave, before they start to come forward?
I think it's pretty clear that the 'it' that happened to Maynard, was, in MacG's opinion very serious.  And MacG said he 'knows for sure' that 'it' happened.

But now, however.. MacG says "I heard that he was arrested in 2003, and I can find out nothing more about him after that.."

That seems a bit different to what was initally implied....  But anyway, I'm guessing MacG heard about Maynards's supposed arrest/incarceration here or here.  Secondhand reports on a rather broken-down conspiracy website, from someone called Rayelan (why is that name familiar?), who quotes an anonymous poster at some other unspecified place - yes, the hearsay is three-times-removed and completely unsupported - even the earliest report doesn't give any clue about where they 'heard it'...  There is no other information that I can see out there.  MacG, do you have more, or earlier information?  I'm sure I'm not worthy, but think of the others here...

'Evidence' just doesn't get any better than this...   :P

All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

"Like the JFK assassination conspiracy theories, the UFO issue probably will not go away soon, no matter what the CIA does or says. The belief that we are not alone in the universe is too emotionally appealing and the distrust of our government is too pervasive to make the issue amenable to traditional scientific studies or rational explanation and evidence." - Gerald K Haines

#553    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,616 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:27 AM

This is said on the below site...

http://www.virtually...ders/234bg.html

"Ex-DIA analyst and UFO-reality proponent John Maynard has been arrested and charged for violating his National Security oath as regards statements made in conjunction with his activity as a UFO-reality witness with the Disclosure Project. He currently is incarcerated in a federal facility, location uncertain."

"I would bet that there is more to this than the UFO angle. Anybody got any information on this?"

View Postpsyche101, on 02 August 2012 - 01:40 AM, said:

From Surfing the Apocalypse....

http://www.surfingth...om/maynard.html

MAYNARD: No, although I did read certain documents that indicated our own abilities in this area: back-engineered equipment, propulsion systems, and alien vehicles that could provide us with the capability of traveling great distances from this planet. I have also had recent conversations in this area, but I am not prepared to go into this in detail at this time. I need to make further inquires and confirm this information from alternate sources before making a complete statement on these government activities.

ME....perhaps it was the above that did for him......and his plans to make a complete statement on the subject...?

Posted Image

#554    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:23 PM

View PostChrlzs, on 02 August 2012 - 08:17 AM, said:

Hmmm.   When MacGuffin first posted about this he stated:

I think it's pretty clear that the 'it' that happened to Maynard, was, in MacG's opinion very serious.  And MacG said he 'knows for sure' that 'it' happened.

But now, however.. MacG says "I heard that he was arrested in 2003, and I can find out nothing more about him after that.."

That seems a bit different to what was initally implied....  But anyway, I'm guessing MacG heard about Maynards's supposed arrest/incarceration here or here.  Secondhand reports on a rather broken-down conspiracy website, from someone called Rayelan (why is that name familiar?), who quotes an anonymous poster at some other unspecified place - yes, the hearsay is three-times-removed and completely unsupported - even the earliest report doesn't give any clue about where they 'heard it'...  There is no other information that I can see out there.  MacG, do you have more, or earlier information?  I'm sure I'm not worthy, but think of the others here...

'Evidence' just doesn't get any better than this...   :P

I have no more information of any kind about Maynard, and nothing after 2003.  I do not know where the man is or whether he is dead or alive.  He really is off the radar, and that's no joke.

#555    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:26 PM

View Postbee, on 02 August 2012 - 10:27 AM, said:

MAYNARD: No, although I did read certain documents that indicated our own abilities in this area: back-engineered equipment, propulsion systems, and alien vehicles that could provide us with the capability of traveling great distances from this planet. I have also had recent conversations in this area, but I am not prepared to go into this in detail at this time. I need to make further inquires and confirm this information from alternate sources before making a complete statement on these government activities.

ME....perhaps it was the above that did for him......and his plans to make a complete statement on the subject...?

That's all I know about him too.  All the information I ever had about Maynard has been posted here.  That's all there is and there ain't no more, beyond these stories that he was arrested in 2003.  If anyone knows more, then I wish they'd tell me about it.

And in the U.S., especially since September 11, 2001, if they think you have broken security in some major way, then bad things can happen to you.  Maybe that's what happened to him, but no one seems to have heard anything concrete about Maynard in almost ten years.  Nothing.  If they did, I can't find out any information at all.

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 02 August 2012 - 06:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users