Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Hadron Collider to hunt for dark matter

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16    shadowsot

shadowsot

Nightstalker

• 9,138 posts

• Oops.

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:01 PM

View PostQuake Storm Maverick 66er, on 10 July 2012 - 02:07 AM, said:

There's no limit to what science can do and find new discoveries, like the Higgs-Boson particle to been so important to the development of all matter in the universe, they called it the "God" particle (over the top). :innocent: We should find what consists of dark matter, thus nothing will prove what made up "God" is matter out of...nothing. :whistle:
  No offense but...
Again. For the millionth time.
It's not called the godparticle for any reason other than Higgs wanted to call it the goddamned particle but his publishing agent recommended he change it to God Particle so it'd sell better. And they're only certain of having found the Higgs Boson to 99.999999 percent. That more certain than I am of being awake right now.

Anyway, hasn't the LHC been looking for dark matter? I guess the upgrade is just to improve the possibility of results.

To bad the collider here in the US was never built.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#17    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Aqualish Dude

• 5,811 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:11 PM

I was thinking....

Discovering the 'God particle' could have been like discovering the Midi-Chlorin...

If that's the case we should not go looking for Dark Matter. ;)

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#18    Quarky

Quarky

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 18 posts

• Curious people are interesting people, I wonder why that is?

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:01 AM

DARK matter - hmmmmmm.
have we fully figured out "light" yet.

"modern physics sees light as something that can be described sometimes with mathematics appropriate to one type of macroscopic metaphor (particles), and sometimes another macroscopic metaphor (water waves), but is actually something that cannot be fully imagined"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users