Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Strange Sleep Paralysis Case

sleep paralysis demons astaroth

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1    Shtriga

Shtriga

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:14 PM

Hello,my name is Sofia,and I wanted to share my experience with somebody with the same problem,because I know nobody with the famous 'sleep paralysis'.
Actually it happens to bunch of people in the world,and it also happens to me,but it hasn't 'waked' me for like 6 months maybe.
So,I was in a house at the seaside with my friends,and we decided to prank our neighbours that were laughing too loud,by calling a demon named Astaroth.So we were reading something from a paper,and we had Astaroth's sigil,and after we finished,our loud-laughing friends went back to their rooms which was our goal actually.
Then soon after that, we went all to bed.And then I experienced really strange case of sleep paralysis.You know when it wakes you and you open your eyes and you're like halucinating.I saw like some ghosts dancing all over the room and some black cat.I was awake,and also my brain, I mean I was conscious and I could see my friends on the other bed sleeping,and then something (you know...) started to push me down,and I thought it was Astaroth,I consciously thought it was him,and my heart was beating so rapidly and started to hurt a lot like neveer in my life! After that pushing stopped,I jumped off my bed and ran out of the hotel because I was sure Astaroth came there to kill me..after that I needed hours to calm down..It was the scariest Sleep Paralysis ever experienced.
Greetings for all people with the similar problems!

#2    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 2,933 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:20 PM

I hope you put your clothes back on before you ran out!

#3    Super-Fly

Super-Fly

Caporegime.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts

• The Loonies Are Running
    The Asylum!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:24 PM

What causes demons be summoned?
i know very little on this subject, is it as easy as that?

thanks.

Super-Fly!!3

TrueStory.

#4    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,804 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:54 PM

I find it strange demons prefer to harass stupid kids who simply utter their name, while authors who use demon names in movies and books are left alone.

#5    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 2,933 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:55 PM

There is a big thread on that:

http://www.unexplain...mon  demon&st=0

No luck so far.

#6    Shtriga

Shtriga

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:06 AM

View PostSuper-Fly, on 10 July 2012 - 12:24 PM, said:

What causes demons be summoned?
i know very little on this subject, is it as easy as that?

thanks.
well no,it's not as easy as that because we were trying to freak out our neighbors,and we don't know actually anything about it,I mean I know something because of supernatural TV show,but imagine how little that is haha.anyway,im sure somehow that this time it wasn't about the
Sleep Paralysis whethermy psychiatrist tells me that it was only about that.

#7    Shtriga

Shtriga

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:11 AM

View PostRlyeh, on 10 July 2012 - 12:54 PM, said:

I find it strange demons prefer to harass stupid kids who simply utter their name, while authors who use demon names in movies and books are left alone.
how do you know they are left alone exactly?

#8    Shtriga

Shtriga

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:17 AM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 10 July 2012 - 12:55 PM, said:

There is a big thread on that:

http://www.unexplain...mon  demon&st=0

No luck so far.
haha I see.Thanks

#9    Mark is Back

Mark is Back

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 148 posts

• "When coincidence becomes commonplace, It's not just coincidence anymore."

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:59 AM

Well, to be clear - you are capable of posting - so you DID NOT summon a demon,,,

Next, the supernatural show, while entertaining is definitely not a guidebook by any means. It's written like some Game Master's fantasy run wild.

Lastly, unless you were seeking the answers to your algebra exam Astaroth would probably not be the ideal summon - I mean sure treasure and fortune would be great, but what's the point. If you really want to scare your neighbors next time - try something a bit more rational.

As for why you were hallucinating, did you burn anything during the "summoning", and you've also said you have experienced sleep paralysis before - it is possible that this was a simple case of the imagination running wild with your already inspired actions of the evening.

edit: emphasis on the wrong word....

Edited by Mark is Back, 17 July 2012 - 11:00 AM.

"Ghosts" are People too - just because they don't have a body anymore, let's call it Corporeally Challenged, it doesn't mean they don't deserve some respect or that they have to be classified as an entity of either divine evil or divine good. If they were a douche in life, they'll be a douche after life too.

#10    hooko22

hooko22

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 239 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:02 AM

Lot of thread about this going about. Keep in mind though that it's merely your mind playing tricks on you. Astoroth is a character in a computer game by the way. ;)

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=230013
http://www.unexplain...howtopic=228116
http://www.unexplain...howtopic=226925

Posted Image

#11    Shtriga

Shtriga

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:26 AM

View PostMark is Back, on 17 July 2012 - 10:59 AM, said:

Well, to be clear - you are capable of posting - so you DID NOT summon a demon,,,

Next, the supernatural show, while entertaining is definitely not a guidebook by any means. It's written like some Game Master's fantasy run wild.

Lastly, unless you were seeking the answers to your algebra exam Astaroth would probably not be the ideal summon - I mean sure treasure and fortune would be great, but what's the point. If you really want to scare your neighbors next time - try something a bit more rational.

As for why you were hallucinating, did you burn anything during the "summoning", and you've also said you have experienced sleep paralysis before - it is possible that this was a simple case of the imagination running wild with your already inspired actions of the evening.

edit: emphasis on the wrong word....
Go on,ruin a party

#12    Mark is Back

Mark is Back

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 148 posts

• "When coincidence becomes commonplace, It's not just coincidence anymore."

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:29 AM

Astoroth is an awesome character - - - Astaroth however, is not. Astaroth is a demon mentioned in the Hebrew Bible and then converted to fit a role in the Latin/Greek bibles later. He was a key figure as a "crowned prince of hell" and even became an occult icon. There is a lot of lore on the subject, up to and including the seal/sigil and his distinct grantable "gifts" - Knowledge of Liberal and Mathematical Sciences, handicrafts, and can make men invisible leading them to hidden treasures. It is also said that he answers every question asked of him.

Some would attempt to summon him for knowledge or answers, or wealth and gain. Some supposedly have - gained fame, and have lost it since and are suffering the consequences now. How true any of this is I have no idea, I just know that the pretense is there.

View PostShtriga, on 17 July 2012 - 11:26 AM, said:

Go on,ruin a party

Sorry - kind of my job 'round here...

"Ghosts" are People too - just because they don't have a body anymore, let's call it Corporeally Challenged, it doesn't mean they don't deserve some respect or that they have to be classified as an entity of either divine evil or divine good. If they were a douche in life, they'll be a douche after life too.

#13    Shtriga

Shtriga

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:05 PM

View Posthooko22, on 17 July 2012 - 11:02 AM, said:

Lot of thread about this going about. Keep in mind though that it's merely your mind playing tricks on you. Astoroth is a character in a computer game by the way. ;)

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=230013
http://www.unexplain...howtopic=228116
http://www.unexplain...howtopic=226925
I'm sure that In first case 72 hours of not sleeping played main role in experiencing Sleep Paralysis and not the movie Insidious.
Anyway,if Sleep Paralysis is only about dreams and things,then why do I,while hallucinating,not ever see someone or something I think about?for example Justin Bieber naked or something..but noo,things that we all see are always some demons and evil women and black cats and rats....
P.S. a computer game..Final Fantasy?:)

#14    hooko22

hooko22

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 239 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:09 PM

View PostShtriga, on 17 July 2012 - 12:05 PM, said:

I'm sure that In first case 72 hours of not sleeping played main role in experiencing Sleep Paralysis and not the movie Insidious.
Anyway,if Sleep Paralysis is only about dreams and things,then why do I,while hallucinating,not ever see someone or something I think about?for example Justin Bieber naked or something..but noo,things that we all see are always some demons and evil women and black cats and rats....
P.S. a computer game..Final Fantasy? :)

Hehe no Soul Caliber:

http://soulcalibur.w...m/wiki/Astaroth

Posted Image

#15    Shtriga

Shtriga

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:13 PM

View PostMark is Back, on 17 July 2012 - 11:29 AM, said:

Astoroth is an awesome character - - - Astaroth however, is not. Astaroth is a demon mentioned in the Hebrew Bible and then converted to fit a role in the Latin/Greek bibles later. He was a key figure as a "crowned prince of hell" and even became an occult icon. There is a lot of lore on the subject, up to and including the seal/sigil and his distinct grantable "gifts" - Knowledge of Liberal and Mathematical Sciences, handicrafts, and can make men invisible leading them to hidden treasures. It is also said that he answers every question asked of him.

Some would attempt to summon him for knowledge or answers, or wealth and gain. Some supposedly have - gained fame, and have lost it since and are suffering the consequences now. How true any of this is I have no idea, I just know that the pretense is there.

View PostMark is Back, on 17 July 2012 - 11:29 AM, said:

Yeah I see

Also tagged with sleep paralysis, demons, astaroth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users