Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

The United Nations Wants Your Guns America

gun control un united nations arms trade treaty arms treaty

• Please log in to reply
277 replies to this topic

#106    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 15,812 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:13 PM

Well, I never was a wallflower, but I didn't want to be dissected either. :D

Edited by Michelle, 17 July 2012 - 05:17 PM.

#107    Varelse

Varelse

Unanimous Animous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

• The deterioration of every government begins with the decay of the principles upon which it was founded. -Montesquieu

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:55 PM

Random, spontaneous mass shootings like the one that just happened in Canada are fewer and farther between in the US these days with the exception of workplaces and schools that do not allow law abiding citizens to C&C. If some idiot tried that at a restaurant or party or crowded store in my town and he'd/they'd be thoroughly minced.

Pleased to meet you. Hope you guess my name.

#108    preacherman76

preacherman76

Seeker

• 11,399 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:45 PM

View PostDaughter of the Nine Moons, on 17 July 2012 - 04:10 PM, said:

Preacherman, I live in Canada and don't have a clue as to what you are talking about? Please clarify

Im talking about the pastors that have been put in cages, and heavily fined, for giving biblical sermons on homosexuality.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#109    Czero 101

Czero 101

Earthshattering Kaboom

• 5,363 posts

• We are all made of thermonuclear waste material

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:53 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 17 July 2012 - 11:45 PM, said:

Im talking about the pastors that have been put in cages, and heavily fined, for giving biblical sermons on homosexuality.

Link please...?

Cz

"You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep seated need to believe..." - Carl Sagan
"I'm tired of ignorance held up as inspiration, where vicious anti-intellectualism is considered a positive trait, and where uninformed opinion is displayed as fact." - Phil Plait
"For it is the natural tendency of the ignorant to believe what is not true. In order to overcome that tendency it is not sufficient to exhibit the true; it is also necessary to expose and denounce the false." - H. L. Mencken

#110    Daughter of the Nine Moons

Daughter of the Nine Moons

☆。Fearstriker Do'Teh 。☆

• 14,762 posts

• ☆彡

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:34 AM

I haven't got a clue what you are talking about.

Beware of Greeks bearing gifts. Also beware of gifts of Greek bears. Gifted and bare Greeks are fine - Joseph Fink

#111    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,163 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:12 AM

With the recent exception of Mexico, other nations of the world are completely unaffected by gun ownership in the US.  More guns mean more gun deaths.  To be able to make that choice for ourselves we accept the losses.  Since our rights do not negatively affect other countries I fail to see why how many Americans are killed by guns should even matter outside our borders.  The whole discussion just seems to be a "let's beat up on America" rant.  It's a waste of time.  We will collectively never give up our guns...even if some entity were to change the laws.  
Overheard at a mugging of a liberal: He has that gun and took my money because he didn't have enough opportunity as a child. He probably came from a broken home. The government needs to do more for the misguided among us.
Overheard at the attempted mugging of  a conservative:  BAM, BAM, BAM,BAM,BAM,BAM...pause to reload, BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM.. gee dad what great groups you fired!  Is that a Smith and Wesson .357?   No son, it's a Remington .44, but the groups are just as good.   :w00t: :clap:

Edited by and then, 18 July 2012 - 01:17 AM.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#112    Varelse

Varelse

Unanimous Animous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

• The deterioration of every government begins with the decay of the principles upon which it was founded. -Montesquieu

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:58 AM

View Postand then, on 18 July 2012 - 01:12 AM, said:

Overheard at a mugging of a liberal: He had a gun but only took my overextended credit cards because I have no money.
Overheard at the mugging of  a conservative:  I tried to pull my piece but I remembered I was out of ammo because I'm broke.  
Overheard at the attempted mugging of  a right wing loon: He was going to mug me until I offered him a job at my investment firm in the accounting dept.
Overheard at the mugging of a Tea Partier: He got the jump on me because I couldn't reach down/around far enough to get my piece without throwing my back out.
Overheard at the attempted mugging of a progressive libertarian: He tried to mug me until I told him his safety was on and then I pulled out my full auto mini AR-10 and shot him in the balls.Then I rolled a fatty and proceeded to my favorite whorehouse. :yes: :lol: :rofl:

Fixed it for you.

Pleased to meet you. Hope you guess my name.

#113    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:53 AM

View PostObviousman, on 15 July 2012 - 01:28 AM, said:

Sports shooting is another thing. I quite understand it: there is great skill in hitting the desired target at great range, and not to forget the primal thrill of blasting off rounds.

I have no problems with that at all. You can get a sports shooter licence, and have your weapons stored at the range. No need to have them at home where an accident can happen.

Aye, and that's the rub. There are far too many who don't follow the necessary safety standards.

*Snip* Fact is here in America we will keep our arms, and no force foriegn nor domestic will ever change the fact.

Edited by Karlis, 18 July 2012 - 03:58 AM.
Deleted offensive language

Posted Image
NRA - PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT
my twitter @sktm06

#114    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:09 AM

View PostCzero 101, on 18 July 2012 - 03:05 AM, said:

Wow... overreact much...? :rolleyes:

Cz

100%.  I know someone personally who has the same mindset, guess I just run out of patience.

Posted Image
NRA - PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT
my twitter @sktm06

#115    Czero 101

Czero 101

Earthshattering Kaboom

• 5,363 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:13 AM

View Postsktm06, on 18 July 2012 - 03:09 AM, said:

View PostCzero 101, on 18 July 2012 - 03:05 AM, said:

Wow... overreact much...? :rolleyes:

Cz

100%.  I know someone personally who has the same mindset, guess I just run out of patience.

Well, kudos for admitting it... :tu:

Cz

"You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep seated need to believe..." - Carl Sagan
"I'm tired of ignorance held up as inspiration, where vicious anti-intellectualism is considered a positive trait, and where uninformed opinion is displayed as fact." - Phil Plait
"For it is the natural tendency of the ignorant to believe what is not true. In order to overcome that tendency it is not sufficient to exhibit the true; it is also necessary to expose and denounce the false." - H. L. Mencken

#116    preacherman76

preacherman76

Seeker

• 11,399 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:28 AM

View PostDaughter of the Nine Moons, on 18 July 2012 - 12:34 AM, said:

I haven't got a clue what you are talking about.

Well it took me 5 seconds to find a article on the subject.
http://culturecampai...hate-crime.html

There are lots of them.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#117    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,538 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:58 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 18 July 2012 - 08:28 AM, said:

There are lots of them.

Wasn't that decision overturned? Like the original judge found against the pastor, but then another judge said the original judge was mistaken and acquitted the pastor?

lol, not that some pastor saying something in Canada about gay folks has much to do with the UN's 2012 arms trade discussion. It is kind of interesting how little discussion about the UN talks there is in this thread considering that's what the title of the thread is.

#118    The Unseen

The Unseen

Poltergeist

• 2,774 posts

• Whats out there?

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:10 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 14 July 2012 - 09:59 AM, said:

Ill trade in my guns for a free flying car. :tu:
Its not free if you have to trade in your guns.

#119    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,071 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:28 PM

works for me

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#120    Czero 101

Czero 101

Earthshattering Kaboom

• 5,363 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:44 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 18 July 2012 - 08:28 AM, said:

I'm still looking for the part where someone was "put in a cage"... maybe you can point that out?

There are lots of them.

Then you should have no problem providing us with links that show that this is a widespread issue of national import, as your seem to be claiming, rather than just a single incident where a Provincial Human Rights law was violated as was the example you have provided.

Cz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users