Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

The United Nations Wants Your Guns America

gun control un united nations arms trade treaty arms treaty

• Please log in to reply
277 replies to this topic

#136    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,827 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:55 AM

View PostJGirl, on 19 July 2012 - 07:04 PM, said:

because speaking out against homosexuality is considered a hate crime. and that is why you can go to jail for it.
(some) christians need to learn to mind their own business where bed partners are concerned.

Isnt putting a man in a cage far worse then "speaking"? Dont answer, I dont want to know.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#137    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,827 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:21 AM

View PostCzero 101, on 19 July 2012 - 07:43 PM, said:

Perhaps you can find and post a source that confirms he was actually "put in a cell" as you claim.

But I must tell you that I've been searching for a few hours now and have so far found nothing... no evidence whatsoever that supports that claim.

I've read through blogs and news articles from 2002 when his the letter was published, blogs and news articles from 2007 - 2010, some of which have included interviews with Boissoin where he says nothing about being "put in a cell", nothing about being "arrested", nothing about dealing with the police at all in any way.

Or you could just retract the whole "put in a cage / cell" part of your claim and admit that it was just there to sensationalize your position.

I couldnt find the interview either. Its really old. I heard him say it though, if you dont want to believe me, thats fine. How it is you didnt find he was arrested is beyond me though. Ive found that in seconds.

There are many laws that are in place that are not enforced. Shall we start looking at some of the ones the US has?

The bottom line here is that you're taking one, singular incident that highlighted a breakdown of the Human Rights Commission of ONE PROVINCE, sensationalizing it by making up and adding the whole "put in a cage / cell" aspect, then purposely putting it out of context in order to make it seem like this is a systemic problem running rampant throughout all of Canada.

Are you sure you want to continue down this path you've started down....?

Cz

Certainly. Id lead the charge.

#138    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

• I can see it in their eyes, they've already died.

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:30 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 20 July 2012 - 10:55 AM, said:

Isnt putting a man in a cage far worse then "speaking"? Dont answer, I dont want to know.

Is making someone feel ostrasized worse?
Is bullying someone and taking away their basic human rights worse?
Is hating someone based off your own irrational fear *snip* worse?

Your name says it all. *snip*

Edited by Saru, 20 July 2012 - 04:33 PM.
Removed personal attack

The internet is a series of tubes, and those tubes are full of cats.

#139    Czero 101

Czero 101

Earthshattering Kaboom

• 5,188 posts

• We are all made of thermonuclear waste material

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:19 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 20 July 2012 - 11:21 AM, said:

I couldnt find the interview either. Its really old. I heard him say it though, if you dont want to believe me, thats fine.
What  you or I believe is fairly irrelevant.

What we can prove, however, is important. So far you haven't proven anything except a desire to sensationalize this issue for some reason.

How it is you didnt find he was arrested is beyond me though. Ive found that in seconds.
Then it should be really easy for you to post those links, shouldn't it...?

I've searched for "Boissoin arrested" and "Boissoin police" and found NOTHING that says he even spoke to the police about this.

I've searched for "Boissoin jail". "Boissoin jailed", "Boissoin imprisoned", "Boissoin prison", "Boissoin cage" and found nothing that even hints at him being "put in a cage" as you so over-dramatically have insisted happened. The closest result are discussions of whether he would face jail time if he did not comply with the restrictions placed upon him, however, since the judgment has been subsequently overturned, there's not much chance he'll be "thrown in a cage" any time soon.

Obviously you must be using some different search terms or some super-secret-squirrel search engine since you can find these links "in seconds" yet in the hours that I've been searching, I've found nothing whatsoever to add any credence to your assertion, so please, post the links you allege to have found so easily.

The longer you refuse to supply the proof that you insist is so easy to find, the more weight gets added to the conclusion that you are just making up facts to suit your position.

Certainly. Id lead the charge.

Its interesting and very telling how you are completely ignoring the fact that this is ONE isolated incident in ONE province of Canada that you have sensationalized in an attempt to make it seem like a widespread problem throughout all of Canada.

Your refusal to post any supporting links to your assertion that he was "arrested" and "put in a cage / cell" - despite your claims of how easy it was for you to find those links - adds further support to the conclusion that you are talking through your hind quarters about this issue.

Post your the evidence you "found in seconds", if you actually have any...

Cz

Edited by Czero 101, 20 July 2012 - 04:24 PM.

"Thinking is critical, because sense is not common..." - GreaterSapien

"For it is the natural tendency of the ignorant to believe what is not true. In order to overcome that tendency it is not sufficient to exhibit the true; it is also necessary to expose and denounce the false." – H. L. Mencken

#140    Myles

Myles

Government Agent

• 4,241 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:24 PM

I own a gun and plan on buying another.   I have it for a few reasons.   I live out in the country.   I have 7 acres of land with another 50 of woods on one side of my property.  I have chickens.   I shoot raccoons and ground hogs.  I target shoot with my daughter.   She uses her BB gun, I use my .22.   i never got into hunting.  I think my stomach is a little too queazy for cleaning an animal.  I have my chickens for eggs and the experience for my daughters.  They also eat alot of bugs.  I am also well aware that if the power grids would go down in the USA for an extended amount of time, it could become a very scary situation.  I may never need the gun for protection, but it's nice to have just in case.   I also may never need the generator I have, but it's good to have shall the situation arrise.  Guns are fine if you follow the safety rules.

#141    Myles

Myles

Government Agent

• 4,241 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:28 PM

In Canada, the gun laws must vary by province.  I know an American who was sent to Nipawin, Sakatchewan to be the plant manager at a facility.   In the 2 years he was there, he was able to take the tests and get the permits to own both a rifle and a hand gun.

#142    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:30 PM

Just think about how boring movies and TV would be without guns.

#143    Czero 101

Czero 101

Earthshattering Kaboom

• 5,188 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:37 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 20 July 2012 - 05:30 PM, said:

Just think about how boring movies and TV would be without guns.

If it meant that what happened in Colorado today couldn't have happened, I'd take boring every single time...

Cz

"For it is the natural tendency of the ignorant to believe what is not true. In order to overcome that tendency it is not sufficient to exhibit the true; it is also necessary to expose and denounce the false." – H. L. Mencken

#144    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:45 PM

View PostCzero 101, on 20 July 2012 - 05:37 PM, said:

If it meant that what happened in Colorado today couldn't have happened, I'd take boring every single time...

Cz
Can't argue with you there, nor would I want to.

#145    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,827 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:55 PM

View PostZaraKitty, on 20 July 2012 - 12:30 PM, said:

Is making someone feel ostrasized worse?
Is bullying someone and taking away their basic human rights worse?
Is hating someone based off your own irrational fear *snip* worse?

Your name says it all. *snip*

Lets put you in a cage for a month, then you can answer your own questions.

#146    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,827 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:57 PM

View PostCzero 101, on 20 July 2012 - 05:37 PM, said:

Cz

If it wasnt a gun, it would have been pipe bombs. His gun ddnt make him do it.

Though I will say how horrible I feel for the victoms and thier families. My God, I couldnt imagine.

#147    Czero 101

Czero 101

Earthshattering Kaboom

• 5,188 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:10 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 20 July 2012 - 05:57 PM, said:

If it wasnt a gun, it would have been pipe bombs. His gun ddnt make him do it.

Nope, and I didn't say it did, either.

However, if it had been harder for him to get is hands on the AR-15, .40 cal Glock pistol(s) and the Remington 12-guage (and / or the ammo for those weapons) that were recovered at the scene[SOURCE], then maybe the 12 - 15 people (reports are still varying) he killed last night might still be alive this afternoon, and maybe he would have found some other way - hopefully non-violent - of dealing with whatever potential issues he was dealing with, although I do not disagree that some other weapon could have been used if guns were not as available.

Though I will say how horrible I feel for the victoms and thier families. My God, I couldnt imagine.

Agreed...

Now.... how about providing those links that show that Rev. Boissoin was "arrested" and "put in a cage / cell / jail"...?

Cz

#148    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,722 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:51 PM

The main problem is the penalties for using a gun in a crime aren't stiff enough. The punishment for even having an illegal gun isn't strict enough either.

Someone gets out of jail within months after an armed robbery, where someone is shot but not killed, and one of the first things they do is get another gun. Unless there is a particularly heinous murder the killer will be back out on the streets within ten years to prey on someone else.

It's a vicious cycle. People used to be ashamed if they, or someone else in their family, went to jail. Now it is seen as a badge of honor by the scum of society.

Edited by Michelle, 20 July 2012 - 08:51 PM.

#149    W Tell

W Tell

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:31 PM

View PostMichelle, on 20 July 2012 - 08:51 PM, said:

The main problem is the penalties for using a gun in a crime aren't stiff enough. The punishment for even having an illegal gun isn't strict enough either.

You can't legislate crazy. In respect to the law, they are stringent enough to keep  to keep the law abiding people from taking "justice" or "vengence" into their own hands. This is the vast majority of the people.

An outlaw, by definition, does not follow the law. It does't matter how strict the law, they won't follow it.

The only people you affect with stricter gun laws are the responsible gun owners. The ones that could make a differance in crisis.

Someone gets out of jail within months after an armed robbery, where someone is shot but not killed, and one of the first things they do is get another gun. Unless there is a particularly heinous murder the killer will be back out on the streets within ten years to prey on someone else.

If what you say is true, then jail is a waste of time and money.  Why bother?

It's a vicious cycle. People used to be ashamed if they, or someone else in their family, went to jail. Now it is seen as a badge of honor by the scum of society.

Depends on the circles you run in.  But yeah, my family wasn't exactly proud of a few of our "bad apples". We didn't kick them to the curb either.

#150    Obviousman

Obviousman

Spaced out and plane crazy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,649 posts

• "Truth needs no defence. Nobody - NOBODY - can ever take the footsteps I made on the surface of the Moon away from me."
    Gene Cernan, Apollo 17

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:36 PM

View PostMyles, on 20 July 2012 - 05:24 PM, said:

I own a gun and plan on buying another.   I have it for a few reasons.   I live out in the country.   I have 7 acres of land with another 50 of woods on one side of my property.  I have chickens.   I shoot raccoons and ground hogs.  I target shoot with my daughter.   She uses her BB gun, I use my .22.   i never got into hunting.  I think my stomach is a little too queazy for cleaning an animal.  I have my chickens for eggs and the experience for my daughters.  They also eat alot of bugs.  I am also well aware that if the power grids would go down in the USA for an extended amount of time, it could become a very scary situation.  I may never need the gun for protection, but it's nice to have just in case.   I also may never need the generator I have, but it's good to have shall the situation arrise.  Guns are fine if you follow the safety rules.

Ah! Now, this is a situation where I approve of gun ownership. Farm area with genuine need (animal control).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users