Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * * 1 votes

Comics!


  • Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1    MarvelAtTheWords

MarvelAtTheWords

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Joined:18 Jun 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:I am where I am....

  • "No good deed goes unpunished"

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:55 AM

What comicbook was your favorite when you were kid and why?
And dare I ask if you are female or male?
Do you still read comics?



#2    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Joined:04 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Plato's Cave

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:01 PM

View Postjanne78, on 12 July 2012 - 11:55 AM, said:

What comicbook was your favorite when you were kid and why?
And dare I ask if you are female or male?
Do you still read comics?
I dont really read comics but sometime invest in them to keep in mint condition. Comic with new character arrivals

www.paranormaltales.boards.net

#3    MarvelAtTheWords

MarvelAtTheWords

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Joined:18 Jun 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:I am where I am....

  • "No good deed goes unpunished"

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:15 PM

What does that mean? To keep in mint condition?:)


#4    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

    Stinky Cheese

  • Member
  • 6,874 posts
  • Joined:27 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Florida

  • Oops.

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:36 PM

View Postjanne78, on 12 July 2012 - 12:15 PM, said:

What does that mean? To keep in mint condition? :)
Means to keep it in perfect or near perfect condition.

I'm a huge comic book nerd. I read a a bunch of Malibu and Image comics as a kid, as well as the standard Spiderman, Captain America, Superman, and Batman.

I still read a bunch of comics... mostly online now due to the cost. I miss the comic shop. :(

Right now... I think my favorite is Hellblazer. I also really enjoyed the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Marvel 1602, marvel Zombies,  and still read Spiderman, Captain America, Image titles like Invincible, The Walking Dead, and load of others I'm forgetting right now.

Comics are like my drug. need my weekly fix or I get the shakes. :D

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#5    dlonewolf85

dlonewolf85

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 243 posts
  • Joined:26 Nov 2011
  • Gender:Male

  • I'm not a bad boy,

    But just misunderstood!!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:50 PM

I loved Archies and the whole gang... I don't read comics per say but I admit I do read the funnies if I happen to go through a newspaper...

Edited by dlonewolf85, 12 July 2012 - 12:51 PM.

∂ Ѡοɭ ʄ85

#6    MarvelAtTheWords

MarvelAtTheWords

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Joined:18 Jun 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:I am where I am....

  • "No good deed goes unpunished"

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:13 PM

View PostShadowSot, on 12 July 2012 - 12:36 PM, said:

Means to keep it in perfect or near perfect condition.

I'm a huge comic book nerd. I read a a bunch of Malibu and Image comics as a kid, as well as the standard Spiderman, Captain America, Superman, and Batman.

I still read a bunch of comics... mostly online now due to the cost. I miss the comic shop. :(

Right now... I think my favorite is Hellblazer. I also really enjoyed the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Marvel 1602, marvel Zombies,  and still read Spiderman, Captain America, Image titles like Invincible, The Walking Dead, and load of others I'm forgetting right now.

Comics are like my drug. need my weekly fix or I get the shakes. :D
Oooo...me like :D
Couldn't agree more. And I loved Wolverine. The origin...
When I was younger I read Conan, Spawn and the Phantom. I love Hellblazer Marvel 1602 and Fables. And I buy the American version (not translated)
What do you mean you miss the Comicshop? Don't they exist anymore?
I that case...thats horrible!! That was highest on my list to visit when I someday get to go to US...


#7    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

    Stinky Cheese

  • Member
  • 6,874 posts
  • Joined:27 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Florida

  • Oops.

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:21 PM

Oh the comic shops are still around. It's just at 3 dollars or more a comic I can't afford to visit them any longer. I get them cheaper through digital access instead. But it's not as great as shooting the breeze with the people atthe store, and getting into intense arguments over something from the medium.


Oh yeah, I remember that X-O Manowar is being redone, as are a lot of comics from the 90's that I used to love. It's made me very happy.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#8    MarvelAtTheWords

MarvelAtTheWords

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Joined:18 Jun 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:I am where I am....

  • "No good deed goes unpunished"

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:32 PM

Good to know :) I seriously can't wait til I'll be able to go.
And yeah it made me very very happy too...:D


#9    RockabyeBillie

RockabyeBillie

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • Joined:25 Jun 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:orlando

  • And a million baneful words couldn't bring me to my knees.

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:48 PM

Female!

When I was a kid I read the Archie comics, Sonic, and Sonic & Knuckles.

Now I read Transformers and BPRD. I've also considered picking up the Deadpool series, but I haven't yet.

Posted Image

Whether you think you can or whether you think you cant, you're right! -Henry Ford

#10    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

    Stinky Cheese

  • Member
  • 6,874 posts
  • Joined:27 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Florida

  • Oops.

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:52 PM

View PostxROCKIEx, on 12 July 2012 - 01:48 PM, said:

Female!

When I was a kid I read the Archie comics, Sonic, and Sonic & Knuckles.

Now I read Transformers and BPRD. I've also considered picking up the Deadpool series, but I haven't yet.
BPRD! I love that series, and of course HellBoy.
Deadpool is pretty great for the over the top comedy and general sillyness.


Ever looked at Atomic Robo? Constant nerd fest of awesome!
Current stuff has Robo being trained by Bruce Lee!
:sk

Need one of those nerdy squee smileys...

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#11    Taun

Taun

    A dashing moose about town...

  • Member
  • 5,738 posts
  • Joined:19 May 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tornado Alley (Oklahoma)

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:29 PM

I read comics a lot when I was a kid inthe early to mid 60's...

I always liked the Marvel characters better than the DC ones and those were pretty much the only choices back then (oh there were other companies but they were not really in the same league)...

Characters/books I liked:

Thor
Spiderman
Fantastic Four
Martian Manhunter
Green Lantern
Magnus Robot Fighter (from a smaller company I believe)


Didn't care for Superman or Batman at all really...

other characters I liked (some came much later):

Kilraven
The Haunted Tank
Jonah Hex
Sgt Fury and His Howling Commandos


Now I subscribe to Thor - that's about it...


#12    RockabyeBillie

RockabyeBillie

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • Joined:25 Jun 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:orlando

  • And a million baneful words couldn't bring me to my knees.

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:32 PM

View PostShadowSot, on 12 July 2012 - 01:52 PM, said:

BPRD! I love that series, and of course HellBoy.
Deadpool is pretty great for the over the top comedy and general sillyness.


Ever looked at Atomic Robo? Constant nerd fest of awesome!
Current stuff has Robo being trained by Bruce Lee!
:sk

Need one of those nerdy squee smileys...

I have heard of Atomic Robo, but never really looked into it. I'll have to look it up later.

Posted Image

Whether you think you can or whether you think you cant, you're right! -Henry Ford

#13    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

    Stinky Cheese

  • Member
  • 6,874 posts
  • Joined:27 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Florida

  • Oops.

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:39 PM

View PostxROCKIEx, on 12 July 2012 - 02:32 PM, said:

I have heard of Atomic Robo, but never really looked into it. I'll have to look it up later.
Carl Sagan builds a laser and blasts a multi dimensional monster with it while saying his famous science as a candle in the dark line.

Awesome.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#14    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

    Heatseeker

  • Member
  • 10,637 posts
  • Joined:19 Dec 2003
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Avengers Tower

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:01 PM

Male. Avengers.

Got a ton of comics but don't read or buy them much anymore. I'll get one off of ebay every once in a while.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#15    MarvelAtTheWords

MarvelAtTheWords

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Joined:18 Jun 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:I am where I am....

  • "No good deed goes unpunished"

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:19 AM

View PostShadowSot said:

Oh the comic shops are still around. It's just at 3 dollars or more a comic I can't afford to visit them any longer. I get them cheaper through digital access instead. But it's not as great as shooting the breeze with the people atthe store, and getting into intense arguments over something from the medium.


Oh yeah, I remember that X-O Manowar is being redone, as are a lot of comics from the 90's that I used to love. It's made me very happy.
I just noticed what you said about the price. That's really cheap.
You don't wanna know what I pay for mine :l
I'll just say it's a looooot more...
But still I have to have them. It's the touch and feel..and the smell. I love it and it makes me happy everytime I get my hands on a new one :)

Edited by MarvelAtTheWords, 16 July 2012 - 09:21 AM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users