Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 4 votes

~Headbangers Lounge~

• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

#1    777MileStare

777MileStare

~Magneto-kinetic~

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts

• "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."~Heraticles

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:41 AM

This might go smoothly if we can discuss our favorite metal bands that have true paranormal connections, maybe a little dark mystical influence.... maybe something else. I was hoping this won't get shut down since it's muscial influential discussion.  But, if we sit for a while, be calm, turn on our favorite headbanging music without destroying a computer,  things will turn out well.  Death metal discussion is welcome.... as well as any Gothic types of music with metal influence. But the main thing is to keep it truly headbangin! If you headbang to it....talk about it. If it makes you sad, mad, happy, exhausted, energized, if it is an unexplained mystery how you found the music, talk about it. It does happen to be a lifestyle. My lifestyle. if this is getting shut down and I made a mistake sorry. I was just trying to make new friends, and find out who all the headbangers are in the UM. I'll take it directly to the music section and name a thousand bands that are my favorites.

So take out your brush, undo your hair, get a beer from the fridge, sit down, type out what you feel about headbangin'.

ABSOLUTION

#2    St. Jimmy

St. Jimmy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:58 AM

I'm definitely not into metal, but when we (me and my band) play a gig, I'm headbanging all the time. I don't know why I keep doing this. I just do :-).

I've got a feeling my spine won't be so excited... ;-)

#3    _Only

_Only

• 6,634 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:58 AM

I can think of no other way to start this off. Much better things than this to come, though, I'm sure.

Edited by _Only, 13 July 2012 - 04:06 AM.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#4    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Unknown title error

• 2,950 posts
  • Location:arizona (originally the wisconsin/minnesota area eh!)

• Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:25 AM

Sorry got a different impression of what kind of lounge this was from the title. Ill see myself out now... LOL
headbanging doesn't have to be just metal though...

"Though I stand in opposition to you, I am not opposed to you. Night and Day stand in opposition to each other, but they are not opposed to each other -they are merely two halves of the same coin."

#5    Princess Tumbleweed

Princess Tumbleweed

Poltergeist

• 2,362 posts

• "When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained" Mark Twain

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:14 AM

I can relate, when I was younger I was very into heavy metal music. I change back and forth now with top 40 and rock. I can not relate to Country music or Rap although I'm sure I could sing along to a handful of each. I had big hair in the 80's and caked on the black eyeliner...Wow so glad I grew out of that look LOL!!! I remember head bangers ball on mtv and would make mixed tapes off of the radio :)

The Mighty oak was once a little nut that stood its ground

Posted Image

#6    dlonewolf85

dlonewolf85

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 243 posts

• I'm not a bad boy,

But just misunderstood!!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:22 AM

Hey IMN,

I'm glad you've started this thread. I see no reason why it should be shut down as long as the discussions are cordial and people respect other's preferences.

It may sound strange, but I feel music (and also animals, especially dogs) understands me more than another human being ever could (except maybe a psychiatrist). lol. My day starts with me turning on the music, even at work (or if I am in a bar or maybe just taking a walk) I have my headphones on, and I retire to bed listening to music. Mostly, it's more than just headbanging music for me. I love lyrics that can resonate with my emotions. I listen to almost any genre. My favorite band is Disturbed, which is NuMetal. I started listening to their music when I was in high school, but as of now I have come to love all of their songs. I like listening to Godsmack, Pantera, Black Label Society, Lamb of God, Satyricon, a few tracks from Poets of the Fall, also. Thankfully, my dad had an awesome taste. My older sister too. I grew up listening to GnR, Megadeth, Ozzy, Metallica, Maiden, and almost all of the classic rock bands. So that's about it from my end. Will share more on later (after observing how this conversation goes). Take care man.

∂ Ѡοɭ ʄ85

#7    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:10 AM

where ever  metal music goes knight follows :tu:

by the name of Allah the Gracious the Merciful
Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which He created
And from the evil of darkness when it settles And from the evil of the blowers in knots
And from the evil of an envier when he envies"
truthful was Allah The Most High And Great

#8    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 2,654 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:42 AM

I finally saw the for the first time this summer. Great show! :w00t:

#9    777MileStare

777MileStare

~Magneto-kinetic~

• 2,022 posts

• "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."~Heraticles

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:46 PM

Watch the video from Sorrowseed from Boston, the song is called "Legless" it's so badass...and funny. Go to Youtube.

ABSOLUTION

#10    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:31 PM

this will give ya a head bang black metal all the way :tu:

Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which He created
And from the evil of darkness when it settles And from the evil of the blowers in knots

#11    dlonewolf85

dlonewolf85

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 243 posts

• I'm not a bad boy,

But just misunderstood!!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:10 PM

@FLOMBIE, I love Motorhead. Ace of Spades, Devil I know, Iron Fist, are some of my favorites.

@IMN, I watched the song 'Legless'. It was funny and kick-ass! While I was watching the video, it strangely felt as if Cradle of Filth and the Tenacious D (starring Jack Black) got together and had a baby, which translated into the band named Sorrowseed. :w00t:

@KoS, awesome music dude. I actually downloaded the mp3 to my computer after listening to the song.

I discovered this band named Shinedown while I was in a gentlemen's watering-hole (or a pub if you wanna put labels on it) maybe like a year back. I hear they banded only like 10 years ago, so they're relatively new. But I heard this song called 'Save Me', and it has awesome lyrics! Check it out and let me know what you think...

∂ Ѡοɭ ʄ85

#12    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:54 PM

too bad can't be played in my country
more music for headbangers with slight touch of doom
may their vocalist rest in peace

#13    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,059 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:29 PM

Heh.. I'm rather fond of the radio show, House of Hair. You hear all kinds of fun stuff. I still kind of miss Headbangers Ball.

#14    777MileStare

777MileStare

~Magneto-kinetic~

• 2,022 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:31 PM

Anyone hear of "Huntress">? theres a song they do called "Eight Of Swords"......now that is a really cool song...even cooler video.

ABSOLUTION

#15    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:39 PM

View PostIMN, on 14 July 2012 - 02:31 PM, said:

Anyone hear of "Huntress">? theres a song they do called "Eight Of Swords"......now that is a really cool song...even cooler video.
pretty cool stuff am not into female vocalists much but it's nice music and video

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users