Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * - 4 votes

~Headbangers Lounge~


  • Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

#31    777MileStare

777MileStare

    ~Magneto-kinetic~

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts
  • Joined:09 Jun 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:~Massachusetts~01420

  • "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."~Heraticles

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:46 AM

waiting for my hell, I feel so bad inside, I wish you coul'd see the world through my eyes, each day is the same, I just want to laugh again....

all day I dream about sex....

ABSOLUTION

#32    d e v i c e

d e v i c e

    Ambassador of Fear

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts
  • Joined:16 Dec 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:56 PM

View PostIMN, on 16 July 2012 - 11:46 AM, said:

waiting for my hell, I feel so bad inside, I wish you coul'd see the world through my eyes, each day is the same, I just want to laugh again....

all day I dream about sex....

Yeah, 'Dirty' and 'A.D.I.D.A.S.' Absolutely. :) "I'm out here, by myself, all alone, READY TO BLOW MY HEAD OFF!!!"

One thing I admire about Jonathan Davis lyrics is that he is never afraid to sing about that inner pain. Depression, rage, isolation and suicidal thoughts - child abuse, etc. It's brave. And he does it in a way that he sounds sick and twisted. He's original. And then you have those 7-string guitars. Very dark sounding...




#33    d e v i c e

d e v i c e

    Ambassador of Fear

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts
  • Joined:16 Dec 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:14 PM

View PostIMN, on 15 July 2012 - 01:47 PM, said:

Ive seen Robert Plant in concert once ^^^^^ He was awesome, geez that was my Led Zeppelin discovery days  back in 1990 when I  became a true fan....I also had the box set....ahhh those were the days :clap: :tsu: but I was also into Metallica and Kreator.... I ended up seeing a Kreator show back then too - the Coma of Souls tour....in Boston...

Hey IMN. Kreator were awesome. Just the coolest sounding thrash riffs. And you saw them live? Damn. I think they're still going too. Coma Of Souls is just effin cool. I used to cane their Extreme Aggression album non stop around 1990 - 91. I had the tape. Tape, lol
But they had such great melody to their riffs. Very talented guitarists - band.

Edited by Device, 16 July 2012 - 04:15 PM.




#34    777MileStare

777MileStare

    ~Magneto-kinetic~

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts
  • Joined:09 Jun 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:~Massachusetts~01420

  • "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."~Heraticles

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:44 PM

View PostDevice, on 16 July 2012 - 04:14 PM, said:

Hey IMN. Kreator were awesome. Just the coolest sounding thrash riffs. And you saw them live? Damn. I think they're still going too. Coma Of Souls is just effin cool. I used to cane their Extreme Aggression album non stop around 1990 - 91. I had the tape. Tape, lol
But they had such great melody to their riffs. Very talented guitarists - band.
Wow dude, that's really cool, Kreator was my first metal band back then and I had thier tape, MY FIRST METAL TAPE, (cassette) and I still have it. friggin awesome band..........and I didn't know the Korn lyrics but I love Korn, they were always on my list of favorites....

Edited by IMN, 16 July 2012 - 04:45 PM.

ABSOLUTION

#35    d e v i c e

d e v i c e

    Ambassador of Fear

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts
  • Joined:16 Dec 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:53 PM

View PostIMN, on 16 July 2012 - 04:44 PM, said:

MY FIRST METAL TAPE, (cassette) and I still have it. friggin awesome band...

That's magic. :)




#36    777MileStare

777MileStare

    ~Magneto-kinetic~

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts
  • Joined:09 Jun 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:~Massachusetts~01420

  • "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."~Heraticles

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:17 AM

God Forbid~
"Where We Come From"
Equalibrium (2012)

ABSOLUTION

#37    dlonewolf85

dlonewolf85

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Joined:26 Nov 2011
  • Gender:Male

  • I'm not a bad boy,

    But just misunderstood!!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:39 AM

View PostDevice, on 16 July 2012 - 03:56 PM, said:

Yeah, 'Dirty' and 'A.D.I.D.A.S.' Absolutely. :) "I'm out here, by myself, all alone, READY TO BLOW MY HEAD OFF!!!"

One thing I admire about Jonathan Davis lyrics is that he is never afraid to sing about that inner pain. Depression, rage, isolation and suicidal thoughts - child abuse, etc. It's brave. And he does it in a way that he sounds sick and twisted. He's original. And then you have those 7-string guitars. Very dark sounding...

I used to listen to Limp Bizkit, Slipknot, etc. during when I was in middle-high-school. I think it was that most of these bands were inspired by Korn and the Deftones and such. And all of the above bands together made me like NuMetal and alternative much, much more. But somehow down the years, I turned to other bands, not that I don't enjoy listening to Korn and such anymore. It's like now I cannot seem to relate to their songs so much. For example, I didn't understand Zack Wylde's music when I was young and so I didn't like the Black Label Society so much. But as I started getting older, their lyrics and their music made sense to me. I don't find myself listening to Rage Against the Machines anymore, but doesn't mean I never liked their music. But later when they formed Audioslave, I started enjoying the maturity in their lyrics, the music and almost everything about them. I think our understanding of poetry or music or perhaps any art, changes as we grow. But memories brings in nostalgia also, right? Whenever I listen to 'Got the life' or 'Freak on a Leash' from Korn, I remember those days when I used to think I was so cool yet I was so much still a kid, my exploits and my adventures during my school days, our garage band called 'The Highscales' (haha!), my first few girlfriends, etc. LOL. I think I'm gonna listen to my old favorites the entire day today!

∂ Ѡοɭ ʄ85

#38    dlonewolf85

dlonewolf85

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Joined:26 Nov 2011
  • Gender:Male

  • I'm not a bad boy,

    But just misunderstood!!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:15 AM

View PostIMN, on 17 July 2012 - 01:17 AM, said:

God Forbid~
"Where We Come From"
Equalibrium (2012)

That song was awesome!! I am starting to feel grateful that atleast some people in here share the same taste in music as I do. Thanks man... Hey, if you like God Forbid, then I am sure you'll love this song too. I recently discovered this track, called 'Sound of Madness', performed by Shinedown and it will blow your socks off!! Check it out...



∂ Ѡοɭ ʄ85

#39    d e v i c e

d e v i c e

    Ambassador of Fear

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts
  • Joined:16 Dec 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:57 AM

View Postdlonewolf85, on 17 July 2012 - 09:39 AM, said:

I used to listen to Limp Bizkit, Slipknot, etc. during when I was in middle-high-school. I think it was that most of these bands were inspired by Korn and the Deftones and such. And all of the above bands together made me like NuMetal and alternative much, much more. But somehow down the years, I turned to other bands, not that I don't enjoy listening to Korn and such anymore. It's like now I cannot seem to relate to their songs so much. For example, I didn't understand Zack Wylde's music when I was young and so I didn't like the Black Label Society so much. But as I started getting older, their lyrics and their music made sense to me. I don't find myself listening to Rage Against the Machines anymore, but doesn't mean I never liked their music. But later when they formed Audioslave, I started enjoying the maturity in their lyrics, the music and almost everything about them. I think our understanding of poetry or music or perhaps any art, changes as we grow. But memories brings in nostalgia also, right? Whenever I listen to 'Got the life' or 'Freak on a Leash' from Korn, I remember those days when I used to think I was so cool yet I was so much still a kid, my exploits and my adventures during my school days, our garage band called 'The Highscales' (haha!), my first few girlfriends, etc. LOL. I think I'm gonna listen to my old favorites the entire day today!

I so know what you mean. And you mentioned some awesome bands there too. It's like me with Metallica. I honestly thought I'd still be thrashing their music into my 70's or something, but, it's as you say, time changes you as you grow, and different bands make new sense to you. I'm the same. I haven't played a Metallica c.d in years but I still like to see how they are going. They meant so much to me back then. Deftones I still totally like. Their Diamond Eyes album is great - Chino's screams somehow empower me, as do the chord progressions of Stephen Carpenters electric guitar. I saw them back in 2003. I'll never forget that.

Yeah, listening to the old faves is definitely a trip down memory lane, for me too. Time sure does fly, doesn't it - but the rock stays true.

Enjoy your day man. :tu:




#40    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

    Shadow Dancer

  • Member
  • 5,552 posts
  • Joined:17 Mar 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Free Syria

  • Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:06 PM

here's one of my favorite melodic black bands



"why should we not rely on Allah when he guided us our path . we shall certainly bear with patience all the hurt you may cause us. for those who want to put their trust in someone should put their trust in Allah.


#41    _Only

_Only

  • Member
  • 6,782 posts
  • Joined:24 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Northern California

  • Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:40 PM

Now I have a sudden urge to listen to Nymphetamine.

"I think there may be "ghost phenomenon" that may be still not fully understood or dismissed, but that doesn't make it spirits of the dead, anymore than "UFO" means "spaceship" or even "UFO" or "spaceship" is directly related to aliens, or anything else. There is way too much assumption and a baseless reliance on anecdotal lore, like when people assert this or that about the spirit world or the astral plane or Ouija board demons, or religion. I say 'says WHO?'" - Paranormalcy

#42    dlonewolf85

dlonewolf85

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Joined:26 Nov 2011
  • Gender:Male

  • I'm not a bad boy,

    But just misunderstood!!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:17 PM

View PostKnight Of Shadows, on 17 July 2012 - 02:06 PM, said:

here's one of my favorite melodic black bands

Good band, Embraced... Too bad they don't have many recordings though... My favorite black-metal artist would be Type 'O Negative. They did a tribute song for the band Black Sabbath in the album Nativity in Black, the song also named 'Black Sabbath'. A band who has a track named 'Black no.1' has to have some weight behind that claim, don't you think? LOL.

Edited by dlonewolf85, 17 July 2012 - 11:19 PM.

∂ Ѡοɭ ʄ85

#43    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

    Shadow Dancer

  • Member
  • 5,552 posts
  • Joined:17 Mar 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Free Syria

  • Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:27 PM

View Postdlonewolf85, on 17 July 2012 - 11:17 PM, said:

Good band, Embraced... Too bad they don't have many recordings though... My favorite black-metal artist would be Type 'O Negative. They did a tribute song for the band Black Sabbath in the album Nativity in Black, the song also named 'Black Sabbath'. A band who has a track named 'Black no.1' has to have some weight behind that claim, don't you think? LOL.
i grew old listening to new school bands i started with cradle of filth but then i started to come across unfamous bands
really awesomes bands with no fame which made me hate and drop famous bands " some without even listening to them "
now i got decent archive of amazing underground bands .. and am not regreting it :D

here's persefone .. a legend in progressive melodic death metal .. beats opeth handly
song pretty long 20 mins but one of my all times favorite songs





"why should we not rely on Allah when he guided us our path . we shall certainly bear with patience all the hurt you may cause us. for those who want to put their trust in someone should put their trust in Allah.


#44    dlonewolf85

dlonewolf85

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Joined:26 Nov 2011
  • Gender:Male

  • I'm not a bad boy,

    But just misunderstood!!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:34 AM

View PostKnight Of Shadows, on 17 July 2012 - 11:27 PM, said:

i grew old listening to new school bands i started with cradle of filth but then i started to come across unfamous bands
really awesomes bands with no fame which made me hate and drop famous bands " some without even listening to them "
now i got decent archive of amazing underground bands .. and am not regreting it :D

I totally agree with you. I believe in no such thing as a famous or an 'unfamous' band. All that matters is great music. I'm sorry if I sounded like a jerk bragging about good choices in music in my earlier post. That was so not cool. In fact, I know of some local garage bands where people are so very enthusiastic and passionate about their music. There is a lot to learn from everyone and a lot of great music that can be enjoyed, and a celebrity status is simply a label. Thanks man.

∂ Ѡοɭ ʄ85

#45    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

    Shadow Dancer

  • Member
  • 5,552 posts
  • Joined:17 Mar 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Free Syria

  • Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:08 AM

View Postdlonewolf85, on 18 July 2012 - 01:34 AM, said:

I totally agree with you. I believe in no such thing as a famous or an 'unfamous' band. All that matters is great music. I'm sorry if I sounded like a jerk bragging about good choices in music in my earlier post. That was so not cool. In fact, I know of some local garage bands where people are so very enthusiastic and passionate about their music. There is a lot to learn from everyone and a lot of great music that can be enjoyed, and a celebrity status is simply a label. Thanks man.
ahh please man nothing to be sorry about i can't eaither deny some famous band got some really good music
but i always feell more passion in the underground ones like man they really try so hard to put it down
they know they won't get much money  for the album they know it's not going to be big hit
they do it for the one and only reason ! good music ! :yes:

"why should we not rely on Allah when he guided us our path . we shall certainly bear with patience all the hurt you may cause us. for those who want to put their trust in someone should put their trust in Allah.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users