Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 4 votes

The Great Big User Name Thread

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#31    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,836 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:05 PM

View PostEldorado, on 15 July 2012 - 06:00 PM, said:

A simple "like" is not sufficient for that one, Eald so....

:w00t: :tsu: :lol: :rofl:

My parents did try to show me affection on occasion - dad even bought me a teddy bear to cuddle when I went to bed, but Whipsnade Zoo noticed it was missing and took it back!

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#32    The Mule

The Mule

Beast of Burden

• 4,004 posts

• Is there concrete all around, or is it in my head?

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:07 PM

I like to keep people guessing

Posted Image

...never let a little thing like a fact get in the way of a good theory!

...arguably the worlds smartest mule!

#33    Aim4TheHead

Aim4TheHead

Government Agent

• 3,813 posts

• This tragedy is all my fault.

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:18 PM

I like zombie books and movies and my username is how to kill them. :yes:

#34    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:21 PM

My first name is Jonathan. When I was a kid I was a huge wrestling fan, my favorite wrestler was Kerry Von Erich. Me and my friends always joked that I was an honorary Von Erich. That's about it. Lame isn't it ??! :D

#35    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 4,656 posts

• I might have been born yesterday but, I've been up all night.

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:05 AM

View PostJonathanVonErich, on 15 July 2012 - 10:21 PM, said:

My first name is Jonathan. When I was a kid I was a huge wrestling fan, my favorite wrestler was Kerry Von Erich. Me and my friends always joked that I was an honorary Von Erich. That's about it. Lame isn't it ??! :D
Not really. My favourite wrester was Eric Froelich (All Star Wresting) so I almost used 'Likely Froelich'. It just didn't roll off the toungue though.

#36    Viviana98

Viviana98

Paranormal Investigator

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:45 AM

View PostAim4TheHead, on 15 July 2012 - 10:18 PM, said:

I like zombie books and movies and my username is how to kill them. :yes:

I have been curious about your name for a long time...I was thinking it meant something totally different lol thank you for telling :yes:

#37    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,469 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:52 AM

View PostViviana98, on 16 July 2012 - 06:45 AM, said:

I have been curious about your name for a long time...I was thinking it meant something totally different lol thank you for telling :yes:

tsk tsk  lol

I thought it was cos Aim played Modern Warfare, and i've known her for years.  Think you know someone, turns out you don't really.  :(
I do feel safer now though, with me not being a zombie.  Yet.
:)

Disclaimer: Only jokin

Edited by Eldorado, 16 July 2012 - 10:54 AM.

#38    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,469 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:58 AM

Am rather disappointed JVE ain't your real name.  I had visions of your Great-Grandfather flying a WW1 plane, chasing the Red Baron, trying to do him in.
Oh, well.  *sigh*  Another dream shattered by UM.  (lol)

#39    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,469 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:00 AM

View PostThe Mule, on 15 July 2012 - 06:07 PM, said:

I like to keep people guessing

Nine inches?

#40    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:16 AM

View PostEldorado, on 16 July 2012 - 10:58 AM, said:

Am rather disappointed JVE ain't your real name.  I had visions of your Great-Grandfather flying a WW1 plane, chasing the Red Baron, trying to do him in.
Oh, well.  *sigh*  Another dream shattered by UM.  (lol)

Well, he could have been Jonathon Von Richthofen... :whistle:

#41    Old Man Waffles

Old Man Waffles

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:27 AM

im not sure... i just thought my name was cute/funny, i started off with Sensei Waffles. Im going to change it to Old Man Waffles :P

#42    gentai

gentai

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 191 posts

• life is evolution. love is acceptance. god is consciousness.

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:33 PM

i was between 16 and 19. i woke up in the middle of the night because i had a dream and i had to remember these 2 words for some reason. "semorgus gentai." even though i dont remember anything about the dream i had other than me having to or wanting to remember those words. i wrote them down on a paper with a list of gifts for my girlfriend for christmas because it was the closest thing to me without me getting out of bed. i went back to sleep. i woke up in the morning, looked at those words, and have wondered ever since. im now 36. what do they mean and in what language? are they even the same language or 2 different ones? these words mean something to me but i dont know what. so at 21 i got a tatoo of them. its my only tat. i figured id just use gentai because it sounds nice. like gentle. semorgus sounds like the morgue. ive tried asking people. even looked on the computer only to learn that i am dumb and have no luck. i thought, once, i did see in some asian language i thought it said gentai means decay or to decay. i have not seen any semorgus definition. if any one could ever help me i would be eternally grateful.

#43    regi

regi

Poltergeist

• 2,359 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:37 PM

I had wondered, and I thought it was something like that!
I was a teen when the Von Erichs were at the height of their popularity. They were our local heroes- our hometown boys- and they were indeed beloved by all.
I didn't really know them, but I would see the family around, and like every other girl, I had a huge crush on Kerry.
Funny story...my best friend and I were so bold as to knock on their door (the family home) and ask if we could swim in their pool. They were so kind! and they allowed us, and after swimming, we jumped on their trampoline.
Kevin still lives near where he and his brothers were raised.

Sorry for off topic.

Back on topic, I guess I'd say lack of imagination, or lack of motivation is why I settled on "regi". I attempted to use my actual name, but couldn't. The first four letters were approved.

#44    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,469 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:37 PM

View Postgentai, on 16 July 2012 - 12:33 PM, said:

i was between 16 and 19. i woke up in the middle of the night because i had a dream and i had to remember these 2 words for some reason. "semorgus gentai." even though i dont remember anything about the dream i had other than me having to or wanting to remember those words. i wrote them down on a paper with a list of gifts for my girlfriend for christmas because it was the closest thing to me without me getting out of bed. i went back to sleep. i woke up in the morning, looked at those words, and have wondered ever since. im now 36. what do they mean and in what language? are they even the same language or 2 different ones? these words mean something to me but i dont know what. so at 21 i got a tatoo of them. its my only tat. i figured id just use gentai because it sounds nice. like gentle. semorgus sounds like the morgue. ive tried asking people. even looked on the computer only to learn that i am dumb and have no luck. i thought, once, i did see in some asian language i thought it said gentai means decay or to decay. i have not seen any semorgus definition. if any one could ever help me i would be eternally grateful.

*whispers*  It's the name of your Guardian Angel.

#45    777MileStare

777MileStare

~Magneto-kinetic~

• 2,022 posts

• "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."~Heraticles

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:00 PM

It's a song by Mudvayne...IMN..."Suicide. Don't give a f about this my life or any other. Just go and let me hang, impossible to forgive forget murderer<I'm in control. Living A LIE,make you all pay for this, lovesick bullsh ,bring it, I don't need your thorn in my side so I die. No one, no one can ever understand, my life's exhausted, no one, no one can ever understand, pressure constricting, so hard  like a stone, fight hard break bones BREAK, no one, can ever understand this life IMN. Fight for your honesty, fight for integrity...................All work and no play makes me sick, I want to eat a bullet..........youve dug the hole I'm lying in.............
my world, my noose, f you."

yeah I was thinking of changing my screen~name to something more pleasant... I have until August 16th.....

I can't link you to the video because it has swears in it.on Youtube........but check out Mudvaynes "IMN" and you'll get the picture....

Edited by IMN, 16 July 2012 - 01:10 PM.

ABSOLUTION

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users