Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 4 votes

The Great Big User Name Thread

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#76    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,632 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:31 PM

:whistle:

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#77    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 4,687 posts

• I might have been born yesterday but, I've been up all night.

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:59 AM

*wink, wink, nudge, nudge. Say no more 'ey!*

#78    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,661 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:46 AM

I chose mine many years ago when internet sites were BBS's on dial up modems (back in the Dark Ages)...
I had just finished reading a really beautifully illustrated book of Irish Legends (The Book of Invasions - by Jim Fitzpatrick)
and was struck by a bit of the poem in the story of Tuan mac Cairill - who lives for many thousands of years in various animal and human forms....
The lines were "I am Legend, I am Memory, I am Memory turned into myth"

And so of course I immediately fat fingered the spelling of Tuan into Taun - and was too lazy to fix it.. and so I've been Taun ever since on every board/site I go to...

Edited by Taun, 26 July 2012 - 03:46 AM.

#79    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 4,687 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:29 AM

View PostTaun, on 26 July 2012 - 03:46 AM, said:

...And so of course I immediately fat fingered the spelling of Tuan into Taun - and was too lazy to fix it.. and so I've been Taun ever since on every board/site I go to...
That's too funny! Speaking of Dark Ages... I'm on dial up, Internet Explorer 6, to boot! I've got two newer computers, but this one feels like an old pair of shoes.

#80    Sheetz

Sheetz

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:52 AM

View Postgentai, on 16 July 2012 - 12:33 PM, said:

i was between 16 and 19. i woke up in the middle of the night because i had a dream and i had to remember these 2 words for some reason. "semorgus gentai." even though i dont remember anything about the dream i had other than me having to or wanting to remember those words. i wrote them down on a paper with a list of gifts for my girlfriend for christmas because it was the closest thing to me without me getting out of bed. i went back to sleep. i woke up in the morning, looked at those words, and have wondered ever since. im now 36. what do they mean and in what language? are they even the same language or 2 different ones? these words mean something to me but i dont know what. so at 21 i got a tatoo of them. its my only tat. i figured id just use gentai because it sounds nice. like gentle. semorgus sounds like the morgue. ive tried asking people. even looked on the computer only to learn that i am dumb and have no luck. i thought, once, i did see in some asian language i thought it said gentai means decay or to decay. i have not seen any semorgus definition. if any one could ever help me i would be eternally grateful.

I think it means "tiny genitals" in Ancient Greek....good luck with that tatt!!! ;) :P

As for me...I just liked this commercial is all - especially the plumber LOL:

Edited by Sheetz, 26 July 2012 - 04:56 AM.

#81    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Aqualish Pirate

• 5,129 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:01 AM

View PostTaun, on 26 July 2012 - 03:46 AM, said:

I chose mine many years ago when internet sites were BBS's on dial up modems (back in the Dark Ages)...
I had just finished reading a really beautifully illustrated book of Irish Legends (The Book of Invasions - by Jim Fitzpatrick)
and was struck by a bit of the poem in the story of Tuan mac Cairill - who lives for many thousands of years in various animal and human forms....
The lines were "I am Legend, I am Memory, I am Memory turned into myth"

And so of course I immediately fat fingered the spelling of Tuan into Taun - and was too lazy to fix it.. and so I've been Taun ever since on every board/site I go to...

Nice story Taun, I do like consistency with Handles. I do not know why people use different handles for different websites (aside from it being taken!). Pick something unique and stick with it, you will be amazed when you bump into some elsewhere on the web and recognise their handle. :)

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#82    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,661 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:02 AM

View PostJunior Chubb, on 26 July 2012 - 10:01 AM, said:

Nice story Taun, I do like consistency with Handles. I do not know why people use different handles for different websites (aside from it being taken!). Pick something unique and stick with it, you will be amazed when you bump into some elsewhere on the web and recognise their handle. :)

I also use the same Avatar (except on one milblog I rarely comment on) - I'm a huge Rocky and Bullwinkle fan and the odd red color easily catches my eye as I scroll through pages of postings to find my last one...

Edited by Taun, 27 July 2012 - 02:02 AM.

#83    danydandan

danydandan

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

• Deus iudex est meus

super omnes familia

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:08 AM

My name is Danny . So Ithought Danydandan was kinda cool. Also my mother calls me dandan. which is kinda sad .

"And Shepherds we shall be For thee, my Lord, for thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."

#84    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Aqualish Pirate

• 5,129 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:38 AM

View Postdanydandan, on 27 July 2012 - 02:08 AM, said:

My name is Danny . So Ithought Danydandan was kinda cool. Also my mother calls me dandan. which is kinda sad .

No comment on your handle Danydandan ;)

But what a top class avatar you have there my friend :)

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#85    Kazoo

Kazoo

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 310 posts

• “What a treacherous thing to believe that a person is more than a person.”

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:39 AM

The Flintstones. The alien known as "The Great Gazoo!". I just put a K because I like it better.

For some reason everyone who liked the Flintstones hated him. I thought he was an amusing character....

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." - H.L. Mencken

#86    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

apologist by opinion

• 2,771 posts
  • Location:arizona (originally the wisconsin/minnesota area eh!)

• Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.” ―Siddhārtha Gautama

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:32 AM

View PostLikely Guy, on 25 July 2012 - 03:31 AM, said:

Aus,

That is the most complicated explanation that I've heard thusfar.

Nice to meet you finally (in an 'internet era' sorta way).

- LG
lmao irl I have the same problem. Someone says hey look at that and I end up dialogue-ing about random facts and di ya knows when I probably could have just said ..."cool" LOL
Nice nearing you too!

"Though I stand in opposition to you, I am not opposed to you. Night and Day stand in opposition to each other, but they are not opposed to each other -they are merely two halves of the same coin."

#87    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,683 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:46 AM

Drayno is short for Draynor's Finest

"One leader, one people, signifies one master and millions of slaves." - Camus

#88    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

apologist by opinion

• 2,771 posts
  • Location:arizona (originally the wisconsin/minnesota area eh!)

• Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.” ―Siddhārtha Gautama

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:42 AM

Uggh I meant nice meeting you too. Not nice nearing you... I don't know you well enough for that! LOL

"Though I stand in opposition to you, I am not opposed to you. Night and Day stand in opposition to each other, but they are not opposed to each other -they are merely two halves of the same coin."

#89    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 4,687 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:30 PM

View PostAus Der Box Skeptisch, on 27 July 2012 - 06:42 AM, said:

Uggh I meant nice meeting you too. Not nice nearing you... I don't know you well enough for that! LOL
Hah! The first time I read your post I didn't notice.

#90    Sheetz

Sheetz

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:08 PM

View Postealdwita, on 16 July 2012 - 06:50 PM, said:

The 'cleverest' aka of all time IMO, was the one used by H. Vernon Watson, an English variety artist - known throughout the 20's and 30's as NOSMO KING.

reminds me of that written joke/prank.... I AM SOFA KING..... ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users