Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Tony Blair briefed on alien defence policy

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,488 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:59 AM

The former Prime Minister received a full MoD briefing after expressing concerns over UFO disclosure.

Telegraph said:

The advice was requested by Number 10 in 1998 as the government introduced the Freedom of Information Act, allowing members of the public to seek details about "alien lifeforms".

Posted Image Read more...

#2    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Aqualish Dude

• 5,705 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:14 AM

Its an interesting article, I like the use of the phrase 'keep an open mind' but it doubt it is little more than a safety net.

For those hoping their governmets are going to reveal to them details about, UFO's, the military, child sex rings, terror events and alledged conspiracies the last paragraph of the article sums it all up and dashes your hopes in one...

In his memoirs, Tony Blair described the Freedom of Information Act as one of his greatest mistakes while in office, calling it “utterly undermining of sensible government".

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#3    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:25 AM

View PostJunior Chubb, on 16 July 2012 - 11:14 AM, said:

For those hoping their governmets are going to reveal to them details about, UFO's, the military, child sex rings, terror events and alledged conspiracies the last paragraph of the article sums it all up and dashes your hopes in one...

Funny you should mention that, me and my housemate always watch documentaries together and this one was next on our list:

Anyway posting it so others can watch if they want and if anyone wants to tell me it's BS and nto worth watching or good and it's worth watching please feel free to, as I said I haven't seen it yet.

Edited by Coffey, 16 July 2012 - 11:26 AM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#4    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Aqualish Dude

• 5,705 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:46 PM

View PostCoffey, on 16 July 2012 - 11:25 AM, said:

Funny you should mention that, me and my housemate always watch documentaries together and this one was next on our list:

Anyway posting it so others can watch if they want and if anyone wants to tell me it's BS and nto worth watching or good and it's worth watching please feel free to, as I said I haven't seen it yet.

I have looked into similar claims recently, but it is such a difficult subject to talk about. We can all sit here and discuss other claims (9/11 for example) and if you disagree with an opinion or evidence the odd insult will fly around now and then, however if you challenge a claim of child sex abuse you can be vilified (sometimes regardless of the evidence). I have not watched the video you have posted, and do not have enough knowledge or research to make a confident statement either way but much like a 'Conspiracy' thread it is something I may read but avoid commenting on. But I will say this subject will lead to 1.000's of "that's disgusting, kill them all" posts with only 100 people actually following up and researching the claims. It reminds me of the Brass Eye (I think that's what it was called) series that aired an episode on paedophilia  a while ago in the UK. Absolutely slated by the general public, most of which had not even watched it.

Any way I have taken this far enough off-topic...

Back to the UFO's?

Edited by Junior Chubb, 16 July 2012 - 12:50 PM.

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#5    Norbert the Incredible

Norbert the Incredible

They knew too much about flying saucers!

• 27,529 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:18 PM

View PostJunior Chubb, on 16 July 2012 - 11:14 AM, said:

Its an interesting article, I like the use of the phrase 'keep an open mind' but it doubt it is little more than a safety net.

i'm sorry, Tony B Liar and Sensible government?

* And no, Tony, it wasn't your greatest mistake while in office, not by a long way.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#6    Super-Fly

Super-Fly

Caporegime.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts

• The Loonies Are Running
    The Asylum!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:23 PM

Blair, lmao.

at least they've got an open mind

#7    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Aqualish Dude

• 5,705 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:25 PM

View Post747400, on 16 July 2012 - 01:18 PM, said:

i'm sorry, Tony B Liar and Sensible government?

Tony BS maybe? Even liars in government should have a grasp of what 'sensible government' is, they just chose not to follow it, then mention it in hindsight.

View Post747400, on 16 July 2012 - 01:18 PM, said:

* And no, Tony, it wasn't your greatest mistake while in office, not by a long way.

I will pass on your message when I see him next... :tu:

#8    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,625 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:15 PM

Having the open mind is good as long as one closes the door and not let all the bats out !
:clap:

This is a Work in Progress!

#9    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Aqualish Dude

• 5,705 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:24 PM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 16 July 2012 - 02:15 PM, said:

Having the open mind is good as long as one closes the door and not let all the bats out !
:clap:

Don't let the moths out either...

#10    King Fluffs

King Fluffs

The Resident Misanthrope

• 1,111 posts

• Shadows protect my angel in white...

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:38 PM

Am I the only one who stares at Blair's ears in awe and wonder?

How did they get so big?

#11    Englishgent

Englishgent

Psychic Spy

• 1,909 posts

• all dinosaurs are thin at one end, much, much thicker in the middle, then thin again at the far end -- Monty Python

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:42 PM

View PostKing Fluffs, on 16 July 2012 - 02:38 PM, said:

How did they get so big?

Maybe the same way the gob on that wide mouthed frog of his got so big :)

#12    King Fluffs

King Fluffs

The Resident Misanthrope

• 1,111 posts

• Shadows protect my angel in white...

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:51 PM

View PostEnglishgent, on 16 July 2012 - 02:42 PM, said:

Maybe the same way the gob on that wide mouthed frog of his got so big :)

Hehehe.

#13    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:50 PM

i don't know about Britain, but in the U.S. it is definitely not the case that “there is no Government sponsored research into the UFO phenomena and there are no plans to initiate such work”.  The UFO study in the U.S. was very large scale and the most highly classified subject in the government, going back to the 1940s, although I do not know how much of this has been shared with other countries.

Even at that lecture on UFOs I was invited to in the military, I think everyone there was from the U.S., but it did give me some hint about the real scope of the UFO investigation.  That's why I know that certain UFO cases were really thought to be ET manifestations, or at least something completely unexplained and inexplicable.  

#14    Troublehalf

Troublehalf

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:48 PM

To me, the "open minded" response is just as good as going "Yeah, they're real". The thing is, who is allowed to know such information? If the Prime Minister of a world super power isn't fully informed, then you have to ask, who is?

I mean, every person who knows about aliens or whatever will eventually die of old age or whatever, the information has to be passed on, but who is it passed on to?

Interesting nontheless, I do remember that British guy who hacked the Pentagon and American defence network in his search for proof of aliens.... He said he got loads of information but he never had the chance to go through it all before he was arrested. I'm sure if he can do it (a guy with mental health problems) then other people can.... which then pass on....

Oh well... Maybe USA or "Leaders of the World" as they are also known, will release a full disclosure on the matter.

#15    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• 1,962 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:48 PM

View PostKing Fluffs, on 16 July 2012 - 02:38 PM, said:

How did they get so big?
There are much bigger ears in Britain which put Tony's to shame! Plenty of media coverage too...

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users