Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 3 votes

Missing Iowa Girls

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#121    regi

regi

Poltergeist

• 2,464 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:19 PM

View Postsupervike, on 07 December 2012 - 02:36 AM, said:

Yeah, that's what I'm trying to say.  I just can't figure out how to put that in words.

Sorry I didn't understand your comment, but I know what you mean about finding the words. For some reason, I had trouble formulating my question, and I'm just glad you understood it!

#122    regi

regi

Poltergeist

• 2,464 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:50 PM

View PostAaronsmom, on 07 December 2012 - 06:26 AM, said:

Yes, regi, I too am dubious about a tie-in to the drug addiction of Lyric's father. You are right: why would some criminal mess w/ abducting two little kids to keep the father (of only one of the girls) from testifying against some drug lord? Why not off the guy directly? And why involve Lyric's cousin? She's no blood relative. I don't see why the other child's disappearance would motivate druggie daddy (and uncle) to go quiet on them.

Yeah, I dismissed that angle right away...at least as a motive. I guess it's not out of the realm of possibility, but for many reasons, I think it'd be very, very unusual if that were the scenario.
I'm sure most of the people that the father had dealings with were likely already known to authorities, and I don't doubt that they've been looked at very closely.
I don't think this perp is "obvious"- he's not obvious for some reason. I'd be surprised if it turned out to be one of the many sex offenders investigators have contacted, but I'm thinking he might not have a record because the known sex offenders are obvious POI's and have apparently been thoroughly investigated.

#123    regi

regi

Poltergeist

• 2,464 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:54 PM

View Postsupervike, on 07 December 2012 - 02:36 AM, said:

I missed the HLN program, but that revelation is horrific...But I too will take it with a grain of salt, until I hear some more reliable source.

supervike, other info I can recall from the program (from "police sources") was that the discovery site appeared to be a dump site...that the bodies were 40- 50' feet apart, and that authorities were looking for a "primary murder scene".

#124    draugr

draugr

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 50 posts

• It's a secret to everybody.

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:58 PM

Just read through this entire thread, and ye gods, this is awful.

Have they found anything else in connection with this?  I'm glad the girls are at least at rest, but I'd hate to see this go completely cold.

#125    regi

regi

Poltergeist

• 2,464 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:53 PM

View Postdraugr, on 09 December 2012 - 07:58 PM, said:

Have they found anything else in connection with this?  I'm glad the girls are at least at rest, but I'd hate to see this go completely cold

Authorities have seemed to me to have kept the investigation close to the vest....especially the part regarding witness statements, and I've found it very interesting.
There was that one man at the lake that afternoon who'd told the aunt that he'd seen the girls just minutes before, and to my knowledge, authorities have never publicly acknowledged his statement.
There's Carpenter's sighting which was never acknowledged.
Significantly later, authorities released info that a witness saw the girls on Gilbert- I think between 12:30 and 1:00 pm.
It's just interesting to me that authorities appeared to have waited before publicly stating what they determined (or believed) to have been the girls last know location and when they were there.
Now, I would think that surely, they've established a reason that the girls were reportedly often seen in that part of the neighborhood. I can't emphasize enough the importance of that information, and I think it's possible that that's something they've determined; possibly through the door-to-doors.
(Also interesting, there's never been any mention of friends that might have lived in that area.)
It just strikes me as strange how Carpenter described that the girls would ride past and turn around, and I don't think he said that that's what they did that day.

One thing I wasn't clear on for quite a while was that apparently, Elizabeth's family lives with the grandmother.
That supports (and makes sense of) info from the Carpenter's that Elizabeth was more familiar to them, and that she was seen in the evening.

The last report is that the autopsy's are complete, and it will be the sheriff's office who will (or won't) release the findings.
Of course, I'm hoping for the best- that DNA has been collected, and will ID a perp who is already in the system, or at the very least, is something for comparison.

#126    _Sparrow_

_Sparrow_

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

• because there's nothing more beautiful than the way the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shoreline, no matter how many times it's sent away.

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

http://www.huffingto..._n_2250043.html

the girl's bodies have been found.

curiouser & curiouser...

#127    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,491 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:08 AM

Thanks Sparrow, we have been discussing that very fact, please read the rest of the thread for details..

#128    SMR

SMR

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:02 AM

Greetings'

I think it's a pedo/perp and he has been flying under the radar so to speak.

#129    SameerPrehistorica

SameerPrehistorica

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

• !! NO SPECIES LASTS FOREVER !!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

View PostRockabyeBillie, on 16 July 2012 - 07:10 PM, said:

Things like this make me terrified for when I have kids. It's like you have to keep them in a bubble to prevent anything bad from happening these days.

I hope they find those girls. They deserve to be back home with their families.

You are right..That is scary..A horrible rape happened in India before some days and i was wondering why those ugly b****** always chasing women's..Animals are better than them.

- Signature removed, exceeds size limit -

#130    regi

regi

Poltergeist

• 2,464 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:55 PM

Authorities are looking at the suspect in another case.

http://www.wowt.com/...-208723931.html

#131    regi

regi

Poltergeist

• 2,464 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:13 PM

A month later and apparently, investigators haven't been able to establish a solid connection.

http://www.kcrg.com/...-212170001.html

#132    regi

regi

Poltergeist

• 2,464 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:30 PM

This mid- May article reports that authorities have ruled out Klunder. (It took almost a year.)
I thought he was a promising suspect and to my knowledge, he's been their only suspect.
By now, the case is nearly two years old.

http://www.desmoines...nsdale/9104893/

#133    Jilliman

Jilliman

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:49 PM

I followed this case from the very beginning. I was really hoping they'd be okay. I've always wondered if the killer was someone the girls knew, or at least one of them knew. Maybe that's why it's taking investigators so long.

I wonder if they were killed immediately or kept alive for a few months. I remember police saying they thought the girls were alive at one point.

I just really hope they find the killer...

#134    CuriousLittleOne

CuriousLittleOne

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:17 PM

http://www.dailymail...th-Collins.html

OH HEAVENS! , rip lyric and elizabeth ,sleep well

Posted Image

#135    Jilliman

Jilliman

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 05:27 PM

http://iowacoldcases...zabeth-collins/

I don't know why but this cold case just won't leave my head. I've been following since they went missing. Maybe it's because one of the girls looks like my cousin. I was looking up their cold case page today and had a few thoughts.

Maybe it was a pedophile/murderer just crossing through and thought they were easy pickings. They lured the girls from their bikes and into their car. Maybe they pulled the "my puppy's in there! Wanna see him?" trick. That could explain where the bikes were found.

The murderer could have then disposed of their bodies in the park, which was about 25 miles away. Everyone would be busy looking in the lake where their bikes were.

If this is the case, this most certainly is troubling. This killer knows what he's doing and will probably strike again. It may not even be someone from the area which is why they don't have a suspect yet.

I don't like that this case has gone cold. I have a horrible feeling this is a killer that has done it before and will do it again. :/

Another thing that baffled me is why the police thought they had good reason to believe the girls were alive at first. What made them say that? Maybe they thought the kidnapper knew the parents.

I just wish this case would be solved. It just makes me uneasy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users