Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Valley of the Dead in Siberia

valley of the dead in siberia

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 11,073 posts

• I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious. ~ Einstein

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:52 AM

The Huns loved cauldrons...

Posted Image
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huns

"The agony and the irony, they're killing me"
Flagpole Sitta - Harvey Danger

#17    Swede

Swede

Poltergeist

• 2,811 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:54 AM

In regards to some elements of the "mystery", a possibly more prosaic expanation:

http://russia.rin.ru...es_e/11287.html

#18    Ashotep

Ashotep

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,979 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:46 AM

I went to the link Swede put up and the Valley of Death sounds like a dangerous place to be.  Maybe thats why the two team members became ill.

I do wonder what exactly those cauldrons were used for.  Notice the scientist wouldn't say they were built by aliens.

#19    Nightflash

Nightflash

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

• Wouldn't it be strange if we on Earth was the only living creatures in the ENTIRE galaxy?

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:15 PM

There is proof that there is radioactivity in the area called "The Valley of Death", some researchers that was there got ill of radioactivity.

#20    sk8tan71

sk8tan71

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:19 PM

Gee a valley at the bottom of a volcano....now what would cause things to die in a place where there are gasses that are heavier than oxygen? I am just totally mystified how that could happen with open vents to the surface of the earth.

In the beginning the universe was created.  This made a lot of people angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

#21    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,779 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:43 AM

From Swede's link

A research that followed the scientists` finding showed that in windless weather part of the valley was filled with a mixture of volcanic gases that consisted mainly of hydrogen sulfide and carbon dioxide.

Concentration of deadly gases, especially hydrogen sulfide, is particularly high at certain seasons.

This gas is serious stuff.

During my Oil & Gas days , mainly in onshore fields, when our H2S detector starts beeping, we used to run like hell, against the wind, to higher grounds.

"Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.-Napoleon Hill

Follow my stupid posts on Tumblr at Azrael's Ramblings

#22    Oniomancer

Oniomancer

Soulless Minion Of Orthodoxy

• 3,605 posts

• Question everything

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:46 PM

http://www.ipcc.ie/a...ds/raised-bogs/

"Apparently the Lemurians drank Schlitz." - Intrepid "Real People" reporter on finding a mysterious artifact in the depths of Mount Shasta.

#23    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:10 PM

View PostNightflash, on 21 March 2013 - 10:15 PM, said:

There is proof that there is radioactivity in the area called "The Valley of Death", some researchers that was there got ill of radioactivity.
While it is true that the stories of the copper substructures, people wearing iron clothes etc etc, date back to mid 19th century, this area of Yakutia was used as a nuclear test area for 50 years. Odd that western media/sites don't mention this. Perhaps they should learn Russian and do some proper research and not repeat badly translated and often "tounge in cheek" nonsense from the fringe....

Edit to add that obviously no devices would have been tested there for some time, since test ban treaty.

Edited by Atentutankh-pasheri, 22 March 2013 - 04:23 PM.

#24    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:56 PM

View PostDingoLingo, on 18 July 2012 - 04:27 AM, said:

Watched a show on this a few weeks back.. cant remember what its called.. but they did a bit on this.. apparently one of the researches came down mysteriously sick before they could start digging..

I saw the same one, I remember thinking "horse droppings!".

View PostNightflash, on 21 March 2013 - 10:15 PM, said:

There is proof that gas actually makes them ill. There is however no proof that radioactivity has anything to do with it.

View PostAtentutankh-pasheri, on 22 March 2013 - 04:10 PM, said:

While it is true that the stories of the copper substructures, people wearing iron clothes etc etc, date back to mid 19th century, this area of Yakutia was used as a nuclear test area for 50 years. Odd that western media/sites don't mention this. Perhaps they should learn Russian and do some proper research and not repeat badly translated and often "tounge in cheek" nonsense from the fringe....

Edit to add that obviously no devices would have been tested there for some time, since test ban treaty.

Nice info, see I didn't know that. Thanks.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users