Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Fairies destroy the richest man in Ireland

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1    Mistydawn

Mistydawn

Feathered Feline

• 11,543 posts

• Dethpicably quackers!!!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:26 AM

"Sean Quinn's dramatic fall from grace as Ireland's  richest man is down to the fairies...

http://www.irishcent...-134311223.html

Edited by Mistydawn, 19 July 2012 - 11:27 AM.

Posted Image

#2    schizoidwoman

schizoidwoman

The roosting goose...

• 12,538 posts

• Much mischief is done by the misuse of mercury...

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:23 PM

That is a phenomenal amount of money to lose, it's mind-boggling!

#3    ThickasaBrick

ThickasaBrick

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

• "Your wise men don't know how it feels to be thick as a brick." "I'll judge you all and make damn sure that no-one judges me."
    -Jethro Tull

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:42 PM

Seems to me bad business decisions had more to do with his downfall than bad luck from moving a tomb 20 years ago. He still should not have moved it though, whoever thinks they have the right to disturb a historical site deserves the whatever bad happens.

#4    Biff Wellington

Biff Wellington

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:43 PM

I wish I had billions to blow. :cry:

#5    Habitat

Habitat

Government Agent

• 3,387 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:47 PM

Unless the fairy's name was "Greed", I'd be exonerating the fairies for this one.

#6    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,609 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:56 PM

Quite a number of stories from Ireland regarding companies and their workers coming to bad ends for disturbing fairy mounds and the like. Some stories are too hard to die even as the world moves on. Bless the old timers who still believe.

One unrelated study revealed that those who believe in bad luck from Asian cultures will have worse health than those who do not. It doesn't matter if superstition is true or not, just believing or not has results, and that is real.

#7    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:56 PM

He should sue the fairys lol

www.paranormaltales.boards.net

#8    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,030 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:15 PM

Don't F with the fairies, they will get you in the end. :clap:

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#9    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,810 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:51 PM

Posted Image

"It wasn't us!"

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#10    Super-Fly

Super-Fly

Caporegime.

• 1,301 posts

• The Loonies Are Running
    The Asylum!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:32 PM

Tidy, at least he got to smash a couple of billion againts the wall

Thanks,

Super-Fly!!3

TrueStory.

#11    lizzieboo

lizzieboo

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

• He was more like a succession of extraordinary events than a person. (Douglas Adams)

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:57 PM

I wasn't going to share this, but after reading the article, I just have to. My grandfather was with his parents (he was a baby at the time) when they left Ireland in the late 1800s. Folklore was a huge part of his childhood. When I was eight years old, I came home from a walk in the woods and told my parents and grandparents, who were visiting us at the time, that I had heard odd music--something like a flute or pipes--during my walk. My grandpop said, "It was the fairies, honey. You are part fairy, so you will always know when they are nearby even if others can't. And they will always protect you."

I have cherished those words my entire life, and they lead me to one of my principal hobbies, which is the study of the folklore of Ireland and the British isles. (I hope to go back to college some day and get an advanced degree in folklore studies.)

I relate this because my more open-minded (and perhaps whimsical) side can't help but feel that Sean Quinn really did bring about his bad luck by moving that tomb.

Or maybe I'm just a romantic who wants to believe that there truly is magic in this world.

All right, I see what's going on. This is the opening salvo in what will be an escalating series of juvenile tit for tat exchanges. Well titted! Stand by for my upcoming tat. --Dr. Sheldon Cooper

#12    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,097 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:56 PM

Guys like that have Millions in hidden accounts, and I don't consider $15,000 in your bank account ruined by any sense of the word. Many people would consider that quite wealthy. If faires wanted to ruin him, he be drunk on a street corner.

Edited by Seeker79, 19 July 2012 - 04:57 PM.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#13    Mistydawn

Mistydawn

Feathered Feline

• 11,543 posts

• Dethpicably quackers!!!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:44 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 19 July 2012 - 04:56 PM, said:

Guys like that have Millions in hidden accounts, and I don't consider $15,000 in your bank account ruined by any sense of the word. Many people would consider that quite wealthy. If faires wanted to ruin him, he be drunk on a street corner.

They maybe haven't finished with him yet....Attached File  sidhe.jpeg   6.54K   5 downloads

Posted Image

#14    Mr. Smith

Mr. Smith

Dirt Eater

• 1,174 posts

• Anger is a wind which blows out the lamp of the mind.
    -Robert Green Ingersoll

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:43 AM

Well, I guess no one expected the old goat to blame himself now did they? Billionaires, especially superstitious ones, could only fail if a supernatural force was behind it I guess. :unsure2:

But the poor fairies, always getting a bad wrap. This was clearly a rouge sock gnome's doing.

Edited by Framling, 20 July 2012 - 05:43 AM.

#15    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,055 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:49 AM

View Postlizzieboo, on 19 July 2012 - 02:57 PM, said:

I wasn't going to share this, but after reading the article, I just have to. My grandfather was with his parents (he was a baby at the time) when they left Ireland in the late 1800s. Folklore was a huge part of his childhood. When I was eight years old, I came home from a walk in the woods and told my parents and grandparents, who were visiting us at the time, that I had heard odd music--something like a flute or pipes--during my walk. My grandpop said, "It was the fairies, honey. You are part fairy, so you will always know when they are nearby even if others can't. And they will always protect you."
Which of your ancestors were the fairy?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users