Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Egg allergies 'treated with egg'

egg allergies

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,320 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:54 PM

Omelettes, meringues and pasta could one-day be back on the menu for some people with egg allergies after they are treated with the very food they are allergic to, say US researchers.

The only option for patients is to completely avoid foods containing egg.

A study on 55 children showed some were able to eat egg after minuscule amounts were gradually added to their diets.

However, the treatment is still experimental and doctors say it should not be tried at home.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...health-18888172

Posted Image

#2    Super-Fly

Super-Fly

Caporegime.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts

• The Loonies Are Running
    The Asylum!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:05 AM

Makes sense, they make anti venom out of venom right?

Thanks,

Super-Fly!!3

TrueStory.

#3    SuddenPsychic

SuddenPsychic

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 211 posts

• A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. - Groucho Marx

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:49 AM

I developed an egg allergy at 25, caused flushing and hellacious 4-hour bouts of cramps.  3 people in my family developed this allergy as adults, none as children.  Didn't eat eggs for 15 years, then last year one of the family members recommended  free-range, hormone- and antibiotic-free eggs, swore she had no problem with them.  It was so scary to try because I do hate me some pain, but I did and then, OMG, I ate eggs almost every day for a month, sometimes twice a day.  It was one of the most glorious months of my life.

#4    sarah_444

sarah_444

Poltergeist

• 2,792 posts

• "It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." -Henry David Thoreau

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:30 AM

Interesting. I've read about some tests like this being done with people who have peanut allergies as well.

#5    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:49 AM

Yes,It's not usually the food item we are allergic to,but the CRAP they out in it.
Meat with the hormones and antibiotics

Poultry with both of the above,AND genetically modified corn meal,and the arsenic they add to it,which is also fed to turkeys.
So these things extend to our eggs and milk.
In the USA,co ops sell raw milk and completely organic eggs and so forth,and the FDA wants to out the farms doing this business ,out of existance,and force us to eat only drugged,genetically modifed crap.
It's a sad state of affairs. Not to mention,regular processed meats poultry and pork,and made to live in horrible cruel situations,and killed horribly .
Eating pure foods,usually means they were also raised in cruelty free environments. I eat only cruelty free,poison free foods.

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 20 July 2012 - 03:50 AM.

Miss me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users