Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 3 votes

"You didn't build that"

• Please log in to reply
439 replies to this topic

#421    RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Poltergeist

• 3,093 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:49 PM

Gawd!  The quote is not offensive because it is one little quote taken out of context.  It is just one of many quotes that go to show overall context that Obama is anti Business and anti entrepreneur.  Much of it has come out at the DNC.  This is his character.  This is not something taken out of context.  If people donít see that, it is because they are brainwashed.  How many times did you see a speaker give high sounding platitudes and then turn around state to opposite?  The impression that you are left with is that Democrats do not understand what makes America great, basic Capitalist concepts, and what got us here.  This isnít character misunderstood, this is character revealed.

*Signature removed* Forum Rules

#422    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 15,025 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:00 PM

View PostTiggs, on 07 September 2012 - 05:35 AM, said:

Oh? For an Obama supporter, you sure do like a lot of Pro-Republican posts.

"Those ads taking my words about small business out of context -- they're flat out wrong" - Obama

I openly admit I don't support Obama and never will. I never said I didn't lean right, but that I am neither a Republican or conservative. I do have Democrat friends and they aren't thrilled about his statement either.

As I said....

President Barack Obama told a local Virginia television station Wednesday that he had "regrets" for an ill-phrased remark attacked by Republicans -- "You didn't build that" -- but he stands by his larger point about infrastructure investment being necessary for businesses to succeed.

"Obviously I have regrets for my syntax," Obama said. "But not for the point, because everyone who was there watching knows exactly what I was saying."

http://www.huffingto..._n_1861096.html

#423    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 9,143 posts

• Universe Service Pack 2 still needs patching.

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:36 PM

View PostMichelle, on 07 September 2012 - 03:00 PM, said:

I openly admit I don't support Obama and never will. I never said I didn't lean right, but that I am neither a Republican or conservative. I do have Democrat friends and they aren't thrilled about his statement either.

So if I change "Screamingly Republican" to "People that are obviously biased against Obama" - how about that?

As I said....

President Barack Obama told a local Virginia television station Wednesday that he had "regrets" for an ill-phrased remark attacked by Republicans -- "You didn't build that" -- but he stands by his larger point about infrastructure investment being necessary for businesses to succeed.
"Obviously I have regrets for my syntax," Obama said. "But not for the point, because everyone who was there watching knows exactly what I was saying."
http://www.huffingto..._n_1861096.html

So your plan is to take another one of his quotes out of context in order to justify why you took his first quote out of context?

#424    Myles

Myles

Alien Abducter

• 4,505 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:44 PM

View PostTiggs, on 07 September 2012 - 03:36 PM, said:

So if I change "Screamingly Republican" to "People that are obviously biased against Obama" - how about that?

Why do you insist that people that do not support Obama are all republicans or biased.    Some of us just do not like his resume.

#425    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 9,143 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:44 PM

View PostRavenHawk, on 07 September 2012 - 01:49 PM, said:

Gawd!  The quote is not offensive because it is one little quote taken out of context.  It is just one of many quotes that go to show overall context that Obama is anti Business and anti entrepreneur.  Much of it has come out at the DNC.  This is his character.  This is not something taken out of context.  If people don't see that, it is because they are brainwashed.  How many times did you see a speaker give high sounding platitudes and then turn around state to opposite?  The impression that you are left with is that Democrats do not understand what makes America great, basic Capitalist concepts, and what got us here.  This isn't character misunderstood, this is character revealed.

How, exactly, do you believe Obama to be both Anti-business and anti-entrepreneur?

Y'know - if he hasn't dismantled capitalism in the first four years, he's probably not going to do so in the next four years, either,

#426    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 9,143 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:49 PM

View PostMyles, on 07 September 2012 - 03:44 PM, said:

Why do you insist that people that do not support Obama are all republicans or biased. Some of us just do not like his resume.

Where, exactly, do you believe that I've done that?

View PostMerc14, on 07 September 2012 - 01:22 PM, said:

- The only people not offended are those that watch the mainstream media and are told that it is not offensive.

- The people watching the speech were, of course, not ofended as they are leftists like yourself and fully agree with the premise that big daddy government is the single most improtant thing in a person's life.

- Thankfully there is a Fox news that brings these momentary glimpses of the real Obama to light instead of hiding the ugliness from the bright light of public scrutiny.

I rest my case.

#427    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 9,143 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:53 PM

View PostMyles, on 07 September 2012 - 11:27 AM, said:

Pro-Republican?   Why can't someone feel a certain way without being labled?   I won't vote for Obama or Romney. That doesn't mean I belong to the same party as the 3rd choice I vote for.  

If you consistently support a single party's positions - then for all intents and purposes you are pro that party.

Obama said something stupid and offensive.   Get over it.

Obama said something that's offensive only if you willfully take it out of context.

#428    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 15,025 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:55 PM

View PostTiggs, on 07 September 2012 - 03:36 PM, said:

So your plan is to take another one of his quotes out of context in order to justify why you took his first quote out of context?

Don't try and put me into one of your little boxes. I don't live in a black and white world.

#429    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 9,143 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:01 PM

View PostMichelle, on 07 September 2012 - 03:55 PM, said:

Don't try and put me into one of your little boxes. I don't live in a black and white world.

So now you're claiming not to be biased against Obama?

#430    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 15,025 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:07 PM

View PostTiggs, on 07 September 2012 - 04:01 PM, said:

So now you're claiming not to be biased against Obama?

So because I don't support Obama I'm a "screaming Republican"? You are obviously a Democrat, who is always going to vote the party line, instead of voting for who you think would be the best person for the job. If that wasn't the case, you could acknowledge there are other people that can actually think for themselves.

#431    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 9,143 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:12 PM

View PostMichelle, on 07 September 2012 - 04:07 PM, said:

So because I don't support Obama I'm a "screaming Republican"?

No. That's not what I said, at all.

I modified my original claim of "Screamingly Republican" to "People that are obviously biased against Obama", thus broadening the category.

You are obviously a Democrat, who is always going to vote the party line, instead of voting for who you think would be the best person for the job. If that wasn't the case, you could acknowledge there are other people that can actually think for themselves.

I'm neither a Democrat, nor am I even eligible to vote in the Presidential election.

#432    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 15,025 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:23 PM

View PostTiggs, on 07 September 2012 - 04:12 PM, said:

No. That's not what I said, at all.

I modified my original claim of "Screamingly Republican" to "People that are obviously biased against Obama", thus broadening the category.

I'm neither a Democrat, nor am I even eligible to vote in the Presidential election.

I know you aren't eligible to vote yet, but you've made it abundantly clear which side you are on because you support Obama,

I can't be a Republican because I'm a pro choice, pro gay marriage, tree hugger...and as we all know Republicans can be none of those things.

#433    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,395 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:28 PM

View PostTiggs, on 07 September 2012 - 03:49 PM, said:

I rest my case.

You do?  Good, I like beating you so easily and quickly.  Most arguments with you become endless boring slogs through syntax, nuance, strawman arguments and just plain dopey, libreal doggerel that only a zealot could believe in.

Nice midterms democrats.  As Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#434    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 9,143 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:31 PM

View PostMichelle, on 07 September 2012 - 04:23 PM, said:

I know you aren't eligible to vote yet, but you've made it abundantly clear which side you are on because you support Obama,

Would you like a little box with that?

I made it abundantly clear here which side I'm on.

I can't be a Republican because I'm a pro choice, pro gay marriage, tree hugger...and as we all know Republicans can be none of those things.

Sure they can. They're just not electable Republicans.

View PostMerc14, on 07 September 2012 - 04:28 PM, said:

You do?  Good, I like beating you so easily and quickly.

Your post single-handedly proved my position. As does your continuing attitude towards me.

#435    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 15,025 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:36 PM

View PostTiggs, on 07 September 2012 - 04:31 PM, said:

Would you like a little box with that?

Good, you did catch that.

I happen to be a right leaning Libertarian.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users