Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Wig Suggestions :-)

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#46    sarah snow

sarah snow

Jam Jar Skater

• 3,943 posts

• Things we don't want to happen, but have to accept. Things we don't want to know, we have to learn. People we can't live without, we have to let go.

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:02 PM

I think I've done the loading photo thing (always was a techno bimbo, so apologies if this does not work!)

Me in sensible wig, taken this weekend. I'm a bit glowing after a sunny sea swim LOL.

Hope it works!

Attached Files

A stumbling block is merely a stepping stone you tripped over

#47    sarah snow

sarah snow

Jam Jar Skater

• 3,943 posts

• Things we don't want to happen, but have to accept. Things we don't want to know, we have to learn. People we can't live without, we have to let go.

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:50 AM

I know I am making a laugh of things, and being a bit brave, but I am actually really scared.

Flower is so 'matter of fact' and she brought up today to clarify, about her having a tube thing (directly by her heart apparently), and wanting to just "get it done".......I was like a rabbit in the headlights. I won't let her see how much I'm scared for her xx

Anyway, enough of this being scared. Not an option xxxx *just don't tell Bird* xxx

We had a laugh today, about how I'd booked tickets for Bryan Adams as a surprise for her, back in the 90s. Then I got a 'dream job' and couldn't go, gutted LOL. I had to call her and say:

Sarah: What are you doing on this date?

Flower; oo, where we going????!!!!

Sarah: You have 2 ticket to Bryan Adams, and I'll be probably flying over your head when you're there LOL. GUTTED!! LOL xxxx

I was so glad, she went. She didn't want to, but it would have been a waste of tickets xx

I love Big Country.

This steels me, always. I just wish Stuart Adamson knew, how much he was loved xx

In the rain today at Hospie, Flower didn't catch a breath, just said August is over, and we have to "bash on with it! xxxxx

Edited by sarah snow, 17 August 2012 - 12:57 AM.

#48    sarah snow

sarah snow

Jam Jar Skater

• 3,943 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:59 AM

I was surprised today, when we saw Flower's Breast Nurse. I'd joked, that she likes us, and didn't want us to go to next level where she won't see us anymore. LOL, she wants us to come and see her, bless her socks. She kept Flower waiting half an hour today. She knows our humour and came out and made a joke that we had kept her waiting.....and waiting......and waiting.......- and I just said wqhen she arrived and accused us jokingly of keeping her waiting..... "Hey, Karen, we were just gonna call out for a pizza- what's yer fancy?" xx She's cool xx

As you all know, I fuss about the Flower xxx LOL. BUT, when I came back from a weekend away, how glad was I that I am a fuss-pot. That operation on Friday- she was left (on local anaesth whatsit) without a drink from 10am until 5pm!! How is that possible??!!!! Nobody offered that lass a cup of water, cup of tea, juice, NOTHING. And she wasn't Nil By Mouth. Just in for local. She collared her Doc in the corridor and he COULD NOT believe, she's been left waiting all that time, and not been discharged.

Apparently, she was The Patient That Does Not Not Exist. No kidding!! When I was away, Flower could not be found on records. That's not right.

Fortunately, I'd faced Flower's no fuss rule, and chose to ignore it LOL, insisting she had water bottles in abudance etc, She took 3 bottles in that I insisted on, and drunk the lot, thank goodness, xxxx Otherwise, she would have had no fluids in all those hours, and was forgotten. Scary!

I'm not leaving her again xxx

Edited by sarah snow, 17 August 2012 - 03:17 AM.

#49    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:26 AM

Be cool Sarah . She will be fine . You're awesome .

Miss me?

#50    sarah snow

sarah snow

Jam Jar Skater

• 3,943 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:47 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 17 August 2012 - 04:26 AM, said:

Be cool Sarah . She will be fine . You're awesome .

Thank hunny, the treatment starts this week and we're ready to commence battle xxx  :-)  xxxx

#51    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,887 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:57 PM

View Postsarah snow, on 26 August 2012 - 07:47 PM, said:

Thank hunny, the treatment starts this week and we're ready to commence battle xxx  :-)  xxxx

Posted Image

"Got your backs, ladies!"

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#52    sarah snow

sarah snow

Jam Jar Skater

• 3,943 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:54 PM

View Postealdwita, on 26 August 2012 - 07:57 PM, said:

Posted Image

"Got your backs, ladies!"

:clap: :clap:  Thanks, bud, that gave me a proper hearty chuckle!! :tsu:  xx

#53    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,887 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:03 PM

That's my son-in-law riding Argent at last year's Country Show. (I got to dress up as a Medieval falconer, display the birds, drink lots of ale and devour most of the hog-roast single-handedly!) Somebody has to do it!

My thoughts go with you both.

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#54    sarah snow

sarah snow

Jam Jar Skater

• 3,943 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:12 PM

View Postealdwita, on 26 August 2012 - 09:03 PM, said:

That's my son-in-law riding Argent at last year's Country Show. (I got to dress up as a Medieval falconer, display the birds, drink lots of ale and devour most of the hog-roast single-handedly!) Somebody has to do it!

My thoughts go with you both.

It's seriously cool!  Flower & I sat out on Friday about midnight after I collected her from the airport  and listened to the hooty owl and watched the bats flying about in her garden. We love anything like that. You are so lucky to have done falconry, that must be amazing!!! :tsu: We' d have had your mitt off, for a hog roast sarnie!!

Thank you for your lovely wishes too :yes:

Edited by sarah snow, 26 August 2012 - 09:17 PM.

#55    sarah snow

sarah snow

Jam Jar Skater

• 3,943 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:32 AM

It is hitting home. We joked about prunes as Bird bought some today. She whispered to me whilst she was cooking family roast, grandkids in earshot xxx  But it can go either way, in the bum stuff.

We've never farted in front of each other. In all those foreign holidays- Africa & Caribbean, we always shared a room, but she knows,it's my stupid thing. Would rather have had gut ache than fart in front of anyone. Even Bird xxxxx :blush:

Think our life about bum stuff will change this week xxx

LOL xxxxxxxx I love her, so so very much xx

Edited by sarah snow, 27 August 2012 - 04:34 AM.

#56    sarah snow

sarah snow

Jam Jar Skater

• 3,943 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:03 AM

We've battled the beast and delighted to report that it's a success story so far!!!

I moved out a while ago  when I was able to start work again, when my mate was ok. She lost her fingernails too.That hurt her more than her hair, pain wise and in some strange way other ways. She's made some assessments in life, and some changes.I'm surprised, but pleased. :-)

She still has treatment. I was with her last week as she had a heart scan miles away so we had a girly day out to heart scan city. Always a pleasure :whistle:

She works many hours now, and does her job with aplomb. She's awesome and I am so proud of her xxxxxxxx

Edited by sarah snow, 06 March 2013 - 01:07 AM.

#57    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,254 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:22 AM

*snip* I should have read the WHOLE thread. LOL.

Best wishes to you and your friend. It's a hard thing to go through! But friends help it tremendously! You're both warriors! <3

Edited by MissMelsWell, 06 March 2013 - 02:24 AM.

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

#58    Mistydawn

Mistydawn

Feathered Feline

• 11,545 posts

• Dethpicably quackers!!!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:18 PM

View Postsarah snow, on 06 March 2013 - 01:03 AM, said:

We've battled the beast and delighted to report that it's a success story so far!!!

I moved out a while ago  when I was able to start work again, when my mate was ok. She lost her fingernails too.That hurt her more than her hair, pain wise and in some strange way other ways. She's made some assessments in life, and some changes.I'm surprised, but pleased. :-)

She still has treatment. I was with her last week as she had a heart scan miles away so we had a girly day out to heart scan city. Always a pleasure :whistle:

She works many hours now, and does her job with aplomb. She's awesome and I am so proud of her xxxxxxxx

Well sarah sweetie, we here on UM are all very very proud of YOU. :-*

Posted Image

#59    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,142 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

View PostMistydawn, on 06 March 2013 - 05:18 PM, said:

Well sarah sweetie, we here on UM are all very very proud of YOU. :-*
Double Ditto on that!

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#60    sarah snow

sarah snow

Jam Jar Skater

• 3,943 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:01 AM

No way- at the final hour she overruled me and would not let me have a really shortcut as I wanted. I almost forgot myself and had a full-on tantrum but then realisation hit that:

A. She'd just cuff me round the head  if I did, and tell me to get a grip my hair is shorter than ever before and that's enough

B. I have no right to be peed off about anything, so refer to Option A

Her heart is fine,went for scan together recentlyat central place so we had to be up at 6am.....bless her, as it was my day off work she tried to say she could drive herself.

Uhhh....after they pump radioactive matter into you??.....YEAHHH,like I'm letting you drive yourself to that mullarkey :no:

She's great and I'm proud of her......but then, she always was indestructable xxxxxxx

I'm just arranging my next charity sea swim and my first 12 mile sea swim was going on last year, when she was diagnosed and was proper poorly and now she's doing fine but still has 5 months treatment to go, but she's defying people who never knew her,Doctor Sparkly Shoes's Trainee reports she never met a patient as positive and recovery has been helped by this attitude. She's out of the woods before that wolf has a chance to growl......we GRRRRRowl louder!!!!

That's Bird xxx :clap: :clap: xxx

Edited by sarah snow, 09 March 2013 - 06:13 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users