Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Large Flat Black Triangle UFO New Orleans

ufo triangle hovering organge lights huge

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
167 replies to this topic

#31    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 16,701 posts
  • Joined:15 Feb 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Planet TEXAS

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:14 PM

View PostFenderJazzBass, on 21 July 2012 - 05:11 PM, said:

As explained earlier, i have decades of experience with planes, flying, photography and sky watching. I'm an Airforce brat. Born and raised around the world on various military bases. with all that under my belt do you honestly think i would kick up this much dust over something from that airport ? 1st, any passenger jet is going ot make noise. The object in question made no noise. I realize that is my subjective testimony however if you look at the picture you'll be able to deduce the approximate altitude and distance of the craft. Find other pictures, of known airplanes, at the same distance and altitude of my UFO photo then make the comparison. If you'll note the outline and silouteete of the air plane ? Any man made object at that distance and altitude will have some kind of recognisable shape. The lights you see in the picture are bright in relation to whatever the lights are attatched to. There should be the outline background shape of a plane with wings. Don't ignore my testimony and the details i've given as to the behavior of the unknown craft before it flew into the sky in a couple seconds. I'm telling you, it was not a plane, its didnt look like one or fly like one, or sound like anything. the light shingin onto me was blinding as tho it was focused onto me like a spotlight.
Was this by any chance seen near the Beal st ?

This is a Work in Progress!

#32    archernyc

archernyc

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • Joined:26 May 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:isn't it obvious?

  • Respectful of believers and skeptics alike.

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:17 PM

View PostFenderJazzBass, on 21 July 2012 - 05:11 PM, said:

I'm telling you, it was not a plane, its didnt look like one or fly like one, or sound like anything. the light shingin onto me was blinding as tho it was focused onto me like a spotlight.

That had to be kinda scary! Was there any sound at all emanating from it? I've heard that sometimes there's a low hum.

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

#33    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

    Forum Divinity

  • Closed
  • 13,536 posts
  • Joined:18 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:13 PM

View PostFenderJazzBass, on 21 July 2012 - 04:21 PM, said:

Yes. That is exactly the perspective i had.  As i turned the corner onto Dauphine, The hovering triangle craft appeard to be moving slowly to the middle of the street about 1 mile away above Frenchman Street.  It stopped directly in the middle as i stopped. As i turned the corner, it instantly seemed really odd to me out of the corner of my eye. I looked directly at it and stopped. The lights shone with an orange, brilliance i've never witnessed on any known aircraft to me. A couple seconds went by and i was still unable to see the shape if it. I thought " I hope those lights dont' fade." grabbed the camera from off my chest, snapped the picture holding the camera in front of me. I looked at the object while taking the picture and saw it shrink away from me.

I was confused at first not understanding what i had seen. But once i looked at the picture, seeing the distance the craft was away in the picture, it dawned on me, the craft was not infact shrinking in place or fading away. The craft was ascending directly away from me, in the exact opposite direction of my point of view.  DEF still flabber gasted as to how that is poss. ... ... just going over and over what it looks like in my memory.
Thanks for the confirmation.

It certainly is an interesting story.  As mentioned before, at 6:30 AM on a Thursday I expect that there were a lot of people out and about.  Perhaps someone else will come forward at some point and corroborate the more exciting parts, but unless that happens we really only have your word to go on.

As Rafterman pointed out, Louis Armstrong International is very close to there, and Lakefront Airport is almost a direct line from your vantage point to where you observed the object.  There are also a couple of other airstrips to the south east; Southern Seaplane and the New Orleans NAS.

I know that you say it wasn't an airplane, describe it as having no sound, and as moving away from you rapidly.  Where I get hung up is that you say you've been around aircraft for so long and can identify aircraft in the sky, but you somehow seem to think that your picture doesn't look like an aircraft.  This is a sticking point for me personally, because to me your picture looks like the lights on an airplane.  We've all seen pictures and videos of aircraft at night, in the early dawn, or twilight hours; and yours is not dissimilar from those.

The fact that you say the pic doesn't look like a plane is my biggest hurdle in this.  If you had said something more like I know the picture I managed to get resembles the lights on an airplane, I'd find your story more plausible.

As it stands though, your story can really only be filed among the many other personal accounts unless or until some corroboration happens.  I still find it interesting, and I thank you for sharing it. :tu:


#34    FenderJazzBass

FenderJazzBass

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 132 posts
  • Joined:21 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Deep South

  • I was just brought into the cosmos.

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:15 PM

View Postarchernyc, on 21 July 2012 - 05:17 PM, said:

That had to be kinda scary! Was there any sound at all emanating from it? I've heard that sometimes there's a low hum.

I wasn't scared tho' it was kinda comforting in an odd way, but i was very curious about what it was as i've traveled these streets for a number of years. There are several airports around here including the one at the Navy Base to the south of us. I am used to seeing all kinds of jets, planes and helicopters in the sky and am able to discern the shape as well as identify anything and everything i've ever seen in the air.

There was no sound. It was totally silent. There was no hum. What is stunning to me is that the craft pulled away into the sky at the same angle at which i was looking up at it. It can thus be deduced that somehow the craft knew of that angle of vision and of me, choosing to leave in exactly the opposite direction into the sky.

*mind blown*

Edited by FenderJazzBass, 21 July 2012 - 07:00 PM.

The world around us ? Things are not what they seem.

#35    archernyc

archernyc

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • Joined:26 May 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:isn't it obvious?

  • Respectful of believers and skeptics alike.

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:18 PM

Some people on here will tell you that it seems like "they" notice our attention and want to draw our attention to them.

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

#36    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 4,159 posts
  • Joined:30 Jun 2012

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:23 PM

View Postarchernyc, on 21 July 2012 - 06:18 PM, said:

Some people on here will tell you that it seems like "they" notice our attention and want to draw our attention to them.

It's certainly hard to explain some UFO reports as anything else except a display intended to draw attention to them, or even as a demonstration of superiority.


#37    FenderJazzBass

FenderJazzBass

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 132 posts
  • Joined:21 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Deep South

  • I was just brought into the cosmos.

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:29 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 21 July 2012 - 06:13 PM, said:

Thanks for the confirmation.

It certainly is an interesting story.  As mentioned before, at 6:30 AM on a Thursday I expect that there were a lot of people out and about.  Perhaps someone else will come forward at some point and corroborate the more exciting parts, but unless that happens we really only have your word to go on.

As Rafterman pointed out, Louis Armstrong International is very close to there, and Lakefront Airport is almost a direct line from your vantage point to where you observed the object.  There are also a couple of other airstrips to the south east; Southern Seaplane and the New Orleans NAS.

I know that you say it wasn't an airplane, describe it as having no sound, and as moving away from you rapidly.  Where I get hung up is that you say you've been around aircraft for so long and can identify aircraft in the sky, but you somehow seem to think that your picture doesn't look like an aircraft.  This is a sticking point for me personally, because to me your picture looks like the lights on an airplane.  We've all seen pictures and videos of aircraft at night, in the early dawn, or twilight hours; and yours is not dissimilar from those.

The fact that you say the pic doesn't look like a plane is my biggest hurdle in this.  If you had said something more like I know the picture I managed to get resembles the lights on an airplane, I'd find your story more plausible.

As it stands though, your story can really only be filed among the many other personal accounts unless or until some corroboration happens.  I still find it interesting, and I thank you for sharing it. :tu:

I know those lights resemble the lights on a plane. I never said the didn't appear similar. If i may, lets break this down a little further.

Find a picture of a plane at about the same altitude and distance. Note the siloutte and outline of the plane.

Any object in the air at that distance and altitude should have a discernable outline.

Consider the size and brightness of the lights in my picture.

Compare the lights in my picture to any knows plane lights on a plane at that distance and altitude.

You may say they look like lights on a plane, however they don't look like that to me. The back two lights are not closer together. Its a triangle craft that is rotated at an angle such that it appear the lights are closer together because one light is closer to us on the craft, and one light is farther away. I challenge you to find me a picture of an aircraft that has similar lights. My picture is in fact clear when you look at the picture under normal magnification.

A picture is only as good as the person who took it. I'm willing to stand up to any scrutiny and argue that those lights are not infact the lights of a plane.

So i agree with you, those 3 lights sort of resemble the lights on a plane, however there are several things missing from the picture. If its a plane, where's the outline and silhouette ? Its not that far away, there should be a discernible shape. If you'd look at other pictures of planes at the same distance and altitude that much would be obvious.

Beyond that this is also about my testimony and credibility. I have to remain anonymous so must rely upon my ability to make factual, honest statements about what i know to be true. Shine the spotlight, scrutinize, but in the end, you'll never be able to prove its a plane. I'll never be able to prove its a UFO. But i can stand by my word and articulate as carefully and reasonably what exactly happened to me before the craft vanished into the sky in a couple seconds.

The craft moved away and up into the sky at the exact opposite of the angle of my point of view. I am forced to conclude that somehow the UFO knew of me and the angle at which i was in relation to its own position. the UFO then left backing away into the sky at the exact opposite angle.

O-0

Keep in mind i'm a scientific kinda guy. I will be as reasonable, logical and factual as poss in my en-devour to understand what happened.

Edited by FenderJazzBass, 21 July 2012 - 07:04 PM.

The world around us ? Things are not what they seem.

#38    FenderJazzBass

FenderJazzBass

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 132 posts
  • Joined:21 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Deep South

  • I was just brought into the cosmos.

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:36 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 21 July 2012 - 06:23 PM, said:

It's certainly hard to explain some UFO reports as anything else except a intended to draw attention to them, or even as a demonstration of superiority.

that may be true but rather pathetic. that kind of shame would never hold up under scientific scrutiny. We are all anonymous. It wouldnt make sense for someone to lie and decieve some unknown person for thier own personal gratification. If that were the case, the person who is just trying to get attention would eventually crack and fall under the pressure and fakenes of it.

This isn't fake and i don't know any of you so why try to impress anyone or lie about to get some unknown abstract false attention ? To do such a thing is to defy rationallity.

Edited by FenderJazzBass, 21 July 2012 - 06:36 PM.

The world around us ? Things are not what they seem.

#39    FenderJazzBass

FenderJazzBass

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 132 posts
  • Joined:21 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Deep South

  • I was just brought into the cosmos.

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:38 PM

View Postarchernyc, on 21 July 2012 - 06:18 PM, said:

Some people on here will tell you that it seems like "they" notice our attention and want to draw our attention to them.

a bump in the road. i am sharing this to give everyone a chance to feel what i felt. Everyone should know what i now know. There's no reason for people to live in ignorance of such technology of poss life not of this world or deminsion ???

The world around us ? Things are not what they seem.

#40    FenderJazzBass

FenderJazzBass

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 132 posts
  • Joined:21 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Deep South

  • I was just brought into the cosmos.

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:48 PM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 21 July 2012 - 05:14 PM, said:

Was this by any chance seen near the Beal st ?

no.

The world around us ? Things are not what they seem.

#41    Gorff

Gorff

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 108 posts
  • Joined:27 Feb 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:England

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:05 PM

View PostFenderJazzBass, on 21 July 2012 - 06:36 PM, said:

that may be true but rather pathetic. that kind of shame would never hold up under scientific scrutiny. We are all anonymous. It wouldnt make sense for someone to lie and decieve some unknown person for thier own personal gratification. If that were the case, the person who is just trying to get attention would eventually crack and fall under the pressure and fakenes of it.

This isn't fake and i don't know any of you so why try to impress anyone or lie about to get some unknown abstract false attention ? To do such a thing is to defy rationallity.
All about YOUTUBE nowadays :whistle:


#42    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

    Forum Divinity

  • Closed
  • 13,536 posts
  • Joined:18 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:31 PM

Another thing that kind of bugs me about this is the green...

Posted Image

Why is your picture so green?  It came off the camera like this?


#43    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 4,159 posts
  • Joined:30 Jun 2012

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:41 PM

View PostFenderJazzBass, on 21 July 2012 - 06:36 PM, said:

that may be true but rather pathetic. that kind of shame would never hold up under scientific scrutiny. We are all anonymous. It wouldnt make sense for someone to lie and decieve some unknown person for thier own personal gratification. If that were the case, the person who is just trying to get attention would eventually crack and fall under the pressure and fakenes of it.

This isn't fake and i don't know any of you so why try to impress anyone or lie about to get some unknown abstract false attention ? To do such a thing is to defy rationallity.

What I meant was that it was a chance for THEM to show their superiority (whatever THEY really are), not the people making UFO reports.


#44    FenderJazzBass

FenderJazzBass

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 132 posts
  • Joined:21 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Deep South

  • I was just brought into the cosmos.

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:18 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 21 July 2012 - 09:31 PM, said:

Another thing that kind of bugs me about this is the green...

Posted Image

Why is your picture so green?  It came off the camera like this?

Yes. The time was 6:30 am. The sun was just coming up and what you see is cloud cover. New Orleans is surrounded by water and that may have something to do with the reason it looks like a sea green. It was daybreak.

Edited by FenderJazzBass, 21 July 2012 - 10:19 PM.

The world around us ? Things are not what they seem.

#45    FenderJazzBass

FenderJazzBass

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 132 posts
  • Joined:21 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Deep South

  • I was just brought into the cosmos.

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:20 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 21 July 2012 - 09:41 PM, said:

What I meant was that it was a chance for THEM to show their superiority (whatever THEY really are), not the people making UFO reports.

My bad. :whistle:

The world around us ? Things are not what they seem.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users