Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

not crazy~ unexplained soaking mattress

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1    haeson012

haeson012

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:54 AM

new to this~ so...to be a skeptic and things of this nature happening....makes me crazy?!

happened about a month/half ago. i noticed a huge wet spot on my bed, thought it was the cat. it happened again a couple of days later...thought it was the puppy.....got angry that there was pee all over my bed, i started to put the pets in the laudry room. it happened again. but it was soaked! and cold! i was in the shower, came out and my bed was soaked! got a 7 yr old but theres no way she can carry that much amount of water back and forth to the bed, also the only water that was running was my shower. i checked the walls, windows, air duct..nothing was wet in the room but the mattress. so i changed the position of the bed....it happened again..... odorless, colorless, and cold. soaked through. i took a picture if the last time it happened. theres an impression on the top pillow with the liquid, the bottom pillow was bone dry, ..the mattress under the bottom pillow.....soaked.....i can't explain it...i'm not doing it to myself..theres no one else in this place to be doing it...someone help me towards the right direction.....

#2    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,605 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:16 AM

Welcome to UM !!
Wish I had even a suggestion. Perhaps someone else here will.

#3    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,026 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:21 AM

before people say its aghost or a water demon, i recomend using a tape recorder and try taping it.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#4    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,009 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:30 AM

truly bizarre.  Brian Topp's suggestion makes a lot of sense.  Weird.....

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#5    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:36 AM

Are you new to the home ? Make sure It's not coming somewhere from above ?
I've had stuff get wet in my basement ,where the floor under it,isn't even wet . It was from a leak in the pipes above,where the water ran from an area feet away from the leak origin ,along ledges inside the ceiling.
I mean you said it happened one time during a shower ? I would get a plumber in,before I would think supernatural .
Then ,if there's no explanation ,well then you have to worry you have a bed wetting ghost .

Miss me?

#6    Sakari

Sakari

Say it how it is

• 12,932 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:45 AM

There was a topic identical to this a while back......Can't find it....

What is above the bed?.....Light, fan, fire alarm?...

I agree, pictures or video would be nice.

Edited by Sakari, 24 July 2012 - 02:45 AM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#7    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:46 AM

A diaper perhaps?

#8    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 5,507 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:58 AM

Hello!

If this is truly happening to you,  all I can add is night sweats, which can soak your bed or a prank by someone you live with,
or you are doing something in your sleep you don't recall or you are overlooking something.

Bigfoot is in the eye of the beholder

Scottish Scientists Only!

#9    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,605 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:13 AM

Not to be disrespectful of your claim, but after reading your post again it occurs to me to question as to why you or anyone would be able to continue to sleep on a wet mattress. That would be ridiculously uncomfortable.
What, does it all of a sudden dry out?

Something just doesn't seem right with this story.

#10    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 9,557 posts

• Universe Service Pack 2 still needs patching.

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:35 AM

View Posthaeson012, on 24 July 2012 - 01:54 AM, said:

new to this~ so...to be a skeptic and things of this nature happening....makes me crazy?!

happened about a month/half ago. i noticed a huge wet spot on my bed, thought it was the cat. it happened again a couple of days later...thought it was the puppy.....got angry that there was pee all over my bed, i started to put the pets in the laudry room. it happened again. but it was soaked! and cold! i was in the shower, came out and my bed was soaked! got a 7 yr old but theres no way she can carry that much amount of water back and forth to the bed, also the only water that was running was my shower. i checked the walls, windows, air duct..nothing was wet in the room but the mattress. so i changed the position of the bed....it happened again..... odorless, colorless, and cold. soaked through. i took a picture if the last time it happened. theres an impression on the top pillow with the liquid, the bottom pillow was bone dry, ..the mattress under the bottom pillow.....soaked.....i can't explain it...i'm not doing it to myself..theres no one else in this place to be doing it...someone help me towards the right direction.....

My first guess would be some sort of leak in the bedroom ceiling from the cold water pipe that runs to your shower.

Try getting someone to keep watch while you have a shower.

#11    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,026 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:43 AM

View Postpallidin, on 24 July 2012 - 02:16 AM, said:

Welcome to UM !!
Wish I had even a suggestion. Perhaps someone else here will.
i meant camcoder sorry

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#12    Harlequin Dreamer

Harlequin Dreamer

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

• Dear Optimist,Pessimist,and Realist, While you guys are busy arguing about a glass of water, I drank it. Sincerely the Opportunist.

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:58 AM

My friend had the same problem so we put a patch over the hole and now he's water bed is dry. Sorry I had to go there. In all honesty make a list of things it could be then systematically strike them off also rising damp can be a culprit.   :unsure2:

#13    Moon Gazer

Moon Gazer

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

• Stonewylde.... follow me to Stonewylde....

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:06 AM

I've never heard of anything paranormal making beds wet, not saying it doesn't happen but have personally never heard of it.

I would also try buying / borrowing a cheap camcorder and seeing if anyone is playing tricks on you.  Sounds a lot like a prank to be honest.

#14    schizoidwoman

schizoidwoman

The roosting goose...

• 12,538 posts

• Much mischief is done by the misuse of mercury...

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:54 AM

View PostTiggs, on 24 July 2012 - 03:35 AM, said:

My first guess would be some sort of leak in the bedroom ceiling from the cold water pipe that runs to your shower.

Try getting someone to keep watch while you have a shower.

I suspect the shower might be to blame; in the short term you could move the bed or put a bowl where the wet patch occurs so you can catch the water before it wets the mattress. You might need a plumber though!

Edited by schizoidwoman, 24 July 2012 - 09:54 AM.

#15    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,657 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:31 AM

Poltergeist with a weak bladder?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users