Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Could Syria civil war start a new cold war?


  • Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

#1    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

    hi

  • Member
  • 8,265 posts
  • Joined:22 Apr 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portsmouth

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:00 PM

Through out the past year Syrian people have been protesting against Assad which they wanted to him to change and step down, however forward that today thousands have died and fled on both sides. Now comes a new horror that Syria will use Chemical weapons against foreign interventions or feels threatened. Now Israel has said it will consider a plan if Israel is attacked, and again another uneasy report that is Iran will use force if foreign countries or organisations intervening  in the crisis  including Arab nations.

Go back to 1991 Iraq launched scud attacks in Israel and Saudi Arabia, however none contained any chemicals much to the relief of everyone. Now Sryia has scuds and could launch at anyone. With apparent backing of Iran, China and Russia and the rebels backing with the West, could it turn ugly or is this a war if words.

What is your opinion?


#2    Super-Fly

Super-Fly

    Caporegime.

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts
  • Joined:31 Jan 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:U.K.

  • The Loonies Are Running
    The Asylum!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:07 PM

Nice topic.

I wouldnt rule it out, it seems to me and most people i know that its gearing up for something!

could be grim, only time will tell

Thanks,

Super-Fly!!3

TrueStory.


#3    Corp

Corp

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 6,951 posts
  • Joined:19 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ottawa

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:32 PM

I think China, Russia, and the West do too much business with each other to start fighting over Syria.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#4    wittyusernamefailed

wittyusernamefailed

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 135 posts
  • Joined:14 Feb 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Still in frikkin kansas toto.

  • "Well, this is gonna be a wipe"

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:41 PM

Well Russia has already told Syria to "not even think about using Chem weapons." At this point the Russians are in the position that they are becoming increasingly concerned over Assads desperation and capability to do ANYTHING to stay in power. But to not continue with the treaties they made to Syria would be seen as an a diplomatic sign of weakness. So at this point they most likely just try to position themselves into the role of a Neutral observer.


#5    Ashotep

Ashotep

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,465 posts
  • Joined:10 May 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:USA

  • Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:54 PM

When religion runs a country theres not much telling what they will do.  Syria's civil war could very well develop into a war involving others in the region which will be bad for everyone.  Sometimes I think Iran would like nothing better.

I don't see Russia, China and the US going at it over this.  We do way too much business with each other.  Plus I think the Russians are starting to get their fill of the brutality in Syria.


#6    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 13,973 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:07 PM

Good topic.  I think the danger exists primarily from Assad's desperation as he is going down.  The flash point will be centered on Israel I think.  If Assad tries to hand over any chem/bio to Hezballah or if any al Queda types on the rebel side try to steal from his stores the Israelis will launch.  People often forget just how massive a military Israel has in it's own right.  Assad would quickly start launching WMD at Israel and maybe Turkey and Jordan as well if Israel were to attack.  I'm no military scholar but I do not think Israel could afford to fight a non conventional attack from anyone using only conventional weapons.  If we awoke tomorrow to the news that tens of thousands of Israelis in Tel Aviv or Haifa were dead or dying of sarin or vx then I believe Israel would simply incinerate Damascus to make it stop quickly and deal with the repercussions when they had to.  YES this has the potential to be the beginning of something horrific but I think it would still be restricted to the region only....for now.

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#7    Ashotep

Ashotep

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,465 posts
  • Joined:10 May 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:USA

  • Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:18 PM

I think you are right about if the Israelis are attacked they would nuke Damascus or whoever attacked them like Iran.


#8    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

    hi

  • Member
  • 8,265 posts
  • Joined:22 Apr 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portsmouth

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:11 AM

Well Iran seems to side with the Syrian government they are sending.....electricity lol


#9    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

    Shadow Dancer

  • Member
  • 5,251 posts
  • Joined:17 Mar 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Free Syria

  • Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:26 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 28 July 2012 - 08:11 AM, said:

Well Iran seems to side with the Syrian government they are sending.....electricity lol
electricity ? man they're sending them troops , guns , and spying devices to end the rebels
the whole world is siding with the goverment and those who don't side with it
they eaither silent or yapping without any real intention of action

by the name of Allah the Gracious the Merciful
Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which He created
And from the evil of darkness when it settles And from the evil of the blowers in knots
And from the evil of an envier when he envies"
truthful was Allah The Most High And Great


#10    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 13,973 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:57 PM

View PostKnight Of Shadows, on 28 July 2012 - 01:26 PM, said:

electricity ? man they're sending them troops , guns , and spying devices to end the rebels
the whole world is siding with the goverment and those who don't side with it
they eaither silent or yapping without any real intention of action
Couple of point's KoS..... If America tried to send troops or planes the rebels AND the government would shoot at us.  If we supply weapons and information that helps the rebels and the rebels turn out to be worse than Assad, we'd get blamed by everyone for interfering.  Our "client" in the area is Israel... no matter which side wins, Israel loses.  And BTW, if Assad decides to turn everyone's attention away from Syria by attacking Israel with chemical weapons the Israel probably uses nukes against him and Syria.  So it's not just a bad situation for the Syrians, it's pretty damned serious for the whole world.  You've said yourself that no matter what happens the Alawites are "going to pay" for the crimes they committed.  And I agree that they should.  But how does that ever lead to peace?  I believe that Damascus is going to be destroyed in a nuclear strike by Israel - soon.  I guess the city will be peaceful enough then....

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#11    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

    Shadow Dancer

  • Member
  • 5,251 posts
  • Joined:17 Mar 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Free Syria

  • Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:29 PM

the points are not vaild because you misunderstood me
i don't ask for any western country to send anything to help
we will take care of our country and free it without any interfernce that grant the west gratitude over us
i am merely naming things as they are to notice that no one had helped us
and that what we accomplish we would do it " by our hands "

as to israel using nukes .. you know as well as i do israel would never do that
you forgot that countries are no longer ruled by dictators
so should israel act foolish enough to attack syria with nukes i think it will cease to exist
however on another level our gov is too coward to use bio against israel
because they still clinging to their power .. and using that they know they'd never regain power ever again
after all .israel was their first ally for long time

ps : mark my words .. when rebels win and free syria the west THEN will try to interfer under excuse
of guarding the bio or chemical weapons or what so ever
but main point they will interfer " after " things are over
only then we'll consider them the enemies as well

by the name of Allah the Gracious the Merciful
Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which He created
And from the evil of darkness when it settles And from the evil of the blowers in knots
And from the evil of an envier when he envies"
truthful was Allah The Most High And Great


#12    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 13,973 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:39 AM

View PostKnight Of Shadows, on 28 July 2012 - 05:29 PM, said:

the points are not vaild because you misunderstood me
i don't ask for any western country to send anything to help
we will take care of our country and free it without any interfernce that grant the west gratitude over us
i am merely naming things as they are to notice that no one had helped us
and that what we accomplish we would do it " by our hands "

as to israel using nukes .. you know as well as i do israel would never do that
you forgot that countries are no longer ruled by dictators
so should israel act foolish enough to attack syria with nukes i think it will cease to exist
however on another level our gov is too coward to use bio against israel
because they still clinging to their power .. and using that they know they'd never regain power ever again
after all .israel was their first ally for long time

ps : mark my words .. when rebels win and free syria the west THEN will try to interfer under excuse
of guarding the bio or chemical weapons or what so ever
but main point they will interfer " after " things are over
only then we'll consider them the enemies as well
But you see, that's the point.  Those weapons being taken over by a DISORGANIZED group that could pass them over to any terror group and once they have been "lost" they could turn up anywhere without the ability to trace.  So, YEAH, the west will come after them.  You know that I am against what is happening to the innocents in your country.  But those weapons would be used against others in other countries, maybe even my own, if Al Queda, Hezbollah or others got  a hand on them.  Chemical and Bio weapons are HORRIFIC.  Have you seen the pictures of when Saddam used them on the Kurds?  If the west destroys them at sites in Syria it will make a mess that will take years to clean up, if ever.  The only other option is to destroy the means of transporting them or to actually send in troops to secure them. No very good options exist.

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#13    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

    Shadow Dancer

  • Member
  • 5,251 posts
  • Joined:17 Mar 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Free Syria

  • Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:50 AM

View Postand then, on 29 July 2012 - 03:39 AM, said:

But you see, that's the point.  Those weapons being taken over by a DISORGANIZED group that could pass them over to any terror group and once they have been "lost" they could turn up anywhere without the ability to trace.  So, YEAH, the west will come after them.  You know that I am against what is happening to the innocents in your country.  But those weapons would be used against others in other countries, maybe even my own, if Al Queda, Hezbollah or others got  a hand on them.  Chemical and Bio weapons are HORRIFIC.  Have you seen the pictures of when Saddam used them on the Kurds?  If the west destroys them at sites in Syria it will make a mess that will take years to clean up, if ever.  The only other option is to destroy the means of transporting them or to actually send in troops to secure them. No very good options exist.
see that's what they'll tell the public and you people will fall for it easily
but where were they when we were getting killed ? that's right they never cared
am telling you really i think if the west tried to interfer " after " the system fall down
we will fight them off till the last drop of blood

when the regiem fall down and the weapons are seized by the same army who used to have them
only different this army used to be under command of gov .. but not anymore
so they are not disorganized groups

but i was merely telling you the excuse the west going to give to interfer after it's all over
the real intention is to steal our weapons " which we own rightfully to self defense since israel got nuclear "
and the other reason is to plant their next " bad seed dictator " here
like they did in iraq .. but alas not even in their dreams
we will fight even till the last breath if the west ever thought of riding on our revolution

by the name of Allah the Gracious the Merciful
Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which He created
And from the evil of darkness when it settles And from the evil of the blowers in knots
And from the evil of an envier when he envies"
truthful was Allah The Most High And Great


#14    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

    hi

  • Member
  • 8,265 posts
  • Joined:22 Apr 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portsmouth

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:07 AM

The Rebels are asking the West to help


#15    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 13,973 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:09 AM

View PostKnight Of Shadows, on 29 July 2012 - 03:50 AM, said:

see that's what they'll tell the public and you people will fall for it easily
but where were they when we were getting killed ? that's right they never cared
am telling you really i think if the west tried to interfer " after " the system fall down
we will fight them off till the last drop of blood

when the regiem fall down and the weapons are seized by the same army who used to have them
only different this army used to be under command of gov .. but not anymore
so they are not disorganized groups

but i was merely telling you the excuse the west going to give to interfer after it's all over
the real intention is to steal our weapons " which we own rightfully to self defense since israel got nuclear "
and the other reason is to plant their next " bad seed dictator " here
like they did in iraq .. but alas not even in their dreams
we will fight even till the last breath if the west ever thought of riding on our revolution
We are being told that Al Queda is well represented within the rebels.  No one seems sure WHO is in charge and that even among the rebels there is no clear leader.  I'm pretty sure that the reason Obama hasn't already involved the US is because he knows that once those weapons get used, it's ON..... And that means Russia could get involved too.  No offense to you KoS but your country has nothing the west needs.  There is almost no oil, the war has caused so much thirst for revenge between different groups there that an ongoing civil war is almost guaranteed no matter WHO wins.  If it weren't for the potential danger of Israel becoming involved and causing a wider war in the region the US probably wouldn't be involved at all.  I will admit that if Russia were not involved the west might meddle there as a way to weaken Iran.  But no one is going to risk the chance for an "accidental" nuclear war over who owns Syria.

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users