Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Could Syria civil war start a new cold war?

• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

#61    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,258 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:24 PM

Kurdish fighters are in the battle fighting troops at the Turkish border.

#62    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:47 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 01 August 2012 - 03:24 PM, said:

Kurdish fighters are in the battle fighting troops at the Turkish border.
who's troops ?
i overheard that gov gave control of north city into the hands of kurdish fighters whom part of kurdstan workers party
because the gov lack power to hold control over all parts of syria and needed troops to go elsewhere

the free army however did not fight the kurdish but rather withdrew
but this can actually piss of turkey " hopefully " will

by the name of Allah the Gracious the Merciful
Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which He created
And from the evil of darkness when it settles And from the evil of the blowers in knots
And from the evil of an envier when he envies"
truthful was Allah The Most High And Great

#63    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,258 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:08 PM

Fighting Syrian

#64    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:52 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 01 August 2012 - 04:08 PM, said:

Fighting Syrian
am not really clear about it :D
ok look here's the deal

there's gov forces which include : syrian army , hezboallah members , iranians members , iraqis shiites .. and some times russian experts , some kurds parties
there's the freedom fighters which include : syrian army defects , syrian volunteers .. and small amount of arab volunteers . alot of kurds civilians

Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which He created
And from the evil of darkness when it settles And from the evil of the blowers in knots

#65    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:19 PM

View Postand then, on 01 August 2012 - 09:09 AM, said:

IMO, that Americans are as outraged and sickened as anyone else in the West at the slaughter there

So what about Africa? Why do they never intervene or poke their nose in there?

What about Isreal, they support them instead of helping the victim civilians?!

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#66    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,965 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:02 PM

View PostKnight Of Shadows, on 01 August 2012 - 03:08 PM, said:

and then .. syria is a part of the international community
therfore the international community has duties and responsabilities toward the syrian civilians
to offer protection and such in cases like those
it's not charity they ask you know ..
it's not syrian killing each other .. it's iran , russia , china , hezboallah , iraqis shiites and a fully equiped of what we called once
" syrian army " these are killing civilians

the international community has duty to protect those civilians from gov usage of heavy arms
on civilians and civilians inhabited areas
I agree that the international community has an obligation - on humanitarian grounds - to help the defenseless civilians in Syria.  I agree that Syrians and any other nation's civilians should not have to beg for the help of the world community in such a situation.  But the realities are that when a nuclear power is willing to intercede on the behalf of a dictator then the world has to face a pretty harsh choice.  And if you're honest you will have to admit that your people would start killing Americans, Brits or French and calling them invaders and "crusaders" before they even finished stopping Assad's forces.  I'm all for giving small arms, ammo, radios and most of all medicines and food to the rebels.  But no way would I give them heavy weapons for shooting down aircraft that they would then use against us.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#67    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:23 PM

View Postand then, on 01 August 2012 - 08:02 PM, said:

I agree that the international community has an obligation - on humanitarian grounds - to help the defenseless civilians in Syria.  I agree that Syrians and any other nation's civilians should not have to beg for the help of the world community in such a situation.  But the realities are that when a nuclear power is willing to intercede on the behalf of a dictator then the world has to face a pretty harsh choice.  And if you're honest you will have to admit that your people would start killing Americans, Brits or French and calling them invaders and "crusaders" before they even finished stopping Assad's forces.  I'm all for giving small arms, ammo, radios and most of all medicines and food to the rebels.  But no way would I give them heavy weapons for shooting down aircraft that they would then use against us.

This is true.

Look what happened with Al Qaeda... US armed them against Russia and now well i don't need to explain the rest.

#68    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:29 PM

View Postand then, on 01 August 2012 - 08:02 PM, said:

excuse me i forgot .. it's always about you guys it's never about civilians protection
no one would call you " crusaders " should they interfer and stopped the system from using heavy arms on unarmed civilians
however you are right we will call you crusaders should you interfer after " we " bring down the system

but it's good our revolution bring forth the true face of international community
they won't interfer when civilians are killed by aircraft . tanks .. missiles
hell i doubt they would even if chemical were used against us

but they are more willing to gather the scrapes and pretend to be the heros when all things over

#69    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:30 PM

View PostCoffey, on 01 August 2012 - 08:23 PM, said:

This is true.

Look what happened with Al Qaeda... US armed them against Russia and now well i don't need to explain the rest.
al Qaeda .. was and still working for the usa
even if it sounds like conspirecy theory .. but it's the fact just based on the results
of that where ever the Qaeda made presence .. the usa profit from it

#70    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,258 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:30 PM

The rebels are doing well holding off the siege, IMHO i think they could hold out and win the battle of Aleppo, the Syrian troops seem to have losing faith into recapture the city, this would make sense as Assad made that statement of his troops doing good and wants all Syrians to help. Seems like a late rally call is really a desperate thing to do. If Assad does not get Aleppo, are his troops going to run away and turn on him?
And with smaller groups joining in and claiming other cities and Assad struggling to gain them, he may need to get help from Iran and quick

#71    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:31 PM

View PostKnight Of Shadows, on 01 August 2012 - 08:30 PM, said:

al Qaeda .. was and still working for the usa
even if it sounds like conspirecy theory .. but it's the fact just based on the results
of that where ever the Qaeda made presence .. the usa profit from it

I have seen the evidence to back this, so I do agree with you. But it is classed as a "conspiracy theory".

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 01 August 2012 - 08:30 PM, said:

The rebels are doing well holding off the siege, IMHO i think they could hold out and win the battle of Aleppo, the Syrian troops seem to have losing faith into recapture the city, this would make sense as Assad made that statement of his troops doing good and wants all Syrians to help. Seems like a late rally call is really a desperate thing to do. If Assad does not get Aleppo, are his troops going to run away and turn on him?
And with smaller groups joining in and claiming other cities and Assad struggling to gain them, he may need to get help from Iran and quick

So what are the chances of Iran helping? They chances seem high, but what about Russia and then China? Do you think there is a chance that if the US gets involved if Iran does that those 2 will?

Then we will get an idea of whether the UK and other European forces will be pulled into it. I don't doubt for a second that Cameron will jump at the chnace to get his tongue further up the US goverments rear end. I noticed Vladimir Putin didn't shake Camerons hand during a meeting, it seemed on purpose. lol You reckon it was just a mess up or on purpose?

Edited by Coffey, 01 August 2012 - 08:37 PM.

#72    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:32 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 01 August 2012 - 08:30 PM, said:

why you think the forgein minister was doing in iran ?

View PostCoffey, on 01 August 2012 - 08:31 PM, said:

I have seen the evidence to back this, so I do agree with you. But it is classed as a "conspiracy theory".
well there's no smoke without fire
am not conspirecy believer my self .. but i reason with logic results

Edited by Knight Of Shadows, 01 August 2012 - 08:32 PM.

#73    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,258 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:51 PM

View PostCoffey, on 01 August 2012 - 08:31 PM, said:

So what are the chances of Iran helping? They chances seem high, but what about Russia and then China? Do you think there is a chance that if the US gets involved if Iran does that those 2 will?

Then we will get an idea of whether the UK and other European forces will be pulled into it. I don't doubt for a second that Cameron will jump at the chnace to get his tongue further up the US goverments rear end. I noticed Vladimir Putin didn't shake Camerons hand during a meeting, it seemed on purpose. lol You reckon it was just a mess up or on purpose?
Well Russia has that port so maybe some sort of Naval blockade around the Syrian coast to stop ships supplying the rebels. Then you have Iran, if they came to Damascus then Israel will strike as the border to Israel is not that far.

View PostKnight Of Shadows, on 01 August 2012 - 08:32 PM, said:

why you think the forgein minister was doing in iran ?

Good point it could be arms or actual men

#74    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:18 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 01 August 2012 - 08:51 PM, said:

Well Russia has that port so maybe some sort of Naval blockade around the Syrian coast to stop ships supplying the rebels. Then you have Iran, if they came to Damascus then Israel will strike as the border to Israel is not that far.

I just checked on google maps, If iran hits Qatar and Saudi Arabia, then if they managed to get up through them, they could be flanking Isreal... Coming up their South.

#75    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:22 PM

View PostCoffey, on 01 August 2012 - 10:18 PM, said:

I just checked on google maps, If iran hits Qatar and Saudi Arabia, then if they managed to get up through them, they could be flanking Isreal... Coming up their South.
except the part where if iran hits saudia or qatar the whole arab world will take action against it
especially the  countries with revolutions since the people of those countries
shared a big dislike for iran because of syria's events
the arabs are litarly boiling with hate against iran actions

Edited by Knight Of Shadows, 01 August 2012 - 10:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users