Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Greek Olympic Athlete Suspended for Tweet

olympic greek suspended

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,320 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:59 PM

(CNN) -- Athlete Paraskevi Papachristou has been expelled from Greece's Olympic team for posting an offensive comment about African immigrants on Twitter, a team spokeswoman said Wednesday.
"With so many Africans in Greece, the mosquitoes from the West Nile will at least be eating some homemade food," Papachristou said on Twitter.
The Hellenic Olympic Committee ruled Papachristou, a triple jumper, would be barred from participating in the London Olympics that begin Friday.
"She made a mistake but it was serious," the spokesman said. "It was unforgivable."

READ MORE

I think she should have been suspended for that horrible hair dye job.

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#2    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,768 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:02 PM

A lifetime of training ruined by moronic quote that took seconds to type. Gotta love Twitter.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#3    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,169 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:11 PM

My takeaway from it is that I gotta be sure and watch the triple jump.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#4    opsis

opsis

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:38 PM

Sick of this kind of stuff, someone makes a distasteful or inappropriate comment on twitter and everyone overreacts. People these days need to toughen/lighten the **** up.

#5    Order66

Order66

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

• The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger ...

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:55 PM

Edited by Vein Capital, 25 July 2012 - 08:19 PM.

Posted Image

#6    Norbert Dentressangle

Norbert Dentressangle

A bit dull

• 26,406 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:04 PM

this is what irritates me about the olympics, like all major sporting things, and indeed for that matter most things these days: everyone's all so po-faced, and anxious not to cause offence. There's always choirs of multi-ethnic kids singing some dreadful song (probably written by Gary barlow) about Harmony and the World will be as One, and all that. No one is allowed to display anything like a sense of humour or any cynicism in any way.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#7    CuriousGreek

CuriousGreek

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

• Dang!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:29 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 25 July 2012 - 06:02 PM, said:

A lifetime of training ruined by moronic quote that took seconds to type. Gotta love Twitter.
Stupid joke, but from what i believe it was not made on purpose. Sigh...training so much and then suspended for a stupid joke.... :blink:

Edited by CuriousGreek, 30 November 2012 - 06:31 PM.

Αν ανάμεσα σ’ όλον τον κόσμο,
νιώθεις πως δεν υπάρχουνε λύσεις,
τότε μόνο δυο μάτια μπορούνε,
να σε κάνουν να θέλεις να ζήσεις.

Also tagged with olympic, greek, suspended

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users