Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Strange carcass washes up in NYC

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#61    Mnemonix

Mnemonix

Alien Abducter

• Closed
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:00 PM

Posted Image
What is that :cry:

#62    Zirna

Zirna

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:22 PM

View PostEmin, on 25 July 2012 - 09:33 PM, said:

Wth is that shiz stickin out of its mouth??? :hmm: Looks like bark.

Looks like the snout part of the skull has been broken and exposed, the skin is actually folded back away from it.

The Dictum of St. Thomas Aquinas:

Omnes angeli, boni et Mali, ex virtute naturali habent potestatem transmutandi corpora nostra

#63    ThePhantomFlanFlinger

ThePhantomFlanFlinger

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:40 PM

View PostCoffey, on 26 July 2012 - 01:48 PM, said:

He has a habit of changing his name. "Tailormadefrog" was the last one I think.

He's SunnyBlues now i think..i like him..be boring without him.. :)

edit to add...just seen Englishgents reply..sorry bout that..

Edited by BrianPotter, 26 July 2012 - 03:43 PM.

#64    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:51 PM

View PostBrianPotter, on 26 July 2012 - 03:40 PM, said:

He's SunnyBlues now i think..i like him..be boring without him.. :)

edit to add...just seen Englishgents reply..sorry bout that..

That's true, I like him as well. He can take a joke, which says a lot about someone. I posted loads of silly Hyrax pictures, like one riding a turtle and he just laughed baotu ti as well. Definitly brightens up the crypto section. lol

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#65    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:55 PM

View PostLrak, on 26 July 2012 - 03:00 PM, said:

Posted Image
What is that :cry:

It's a baby ewok. Haha nah it's a Quokka. Pretty much the only place they live in the entire world is a small island off the coast of Perth, Western Australia. Rottnest Island.

Cool animals, they have have no predators on the island and these Quokkas have no fear of humans. They are honestly everywhere on the island, they will curiously hop up to you and check you out.

Also the entire island is a national reserve, with no cars. Everyone that goes there has to rent a bicycle there or bring their own bike to get around.

Posted Image

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quokka

http://en.wikipedia....Rottnest_Island

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#66    lizzieboo

lizzieboo

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

• He was more like a succession of extraordinary events than a person. (Douglas Adams)

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:01 PM

View PostDKO, on 26 July 2012 - 04:55 PM, said:

It's a baby ewok. Haha nah it's a Quokka. Pretty much the only place they live in the entire world is a small island off the coast of Perth, Western Australia. Rottnest Island.

Cool animals, they have have no predators on the island and these Quokkas have no fear of humans. They are honestly everywhere on the island, they will curiously hop up to you and check you out.

Also the entire island is a national reserve, with no cars. Everyone that goes there has to rent a bicycle there or bring their own bike to get around.

Posted Image

I want one!

All right, I see what's going on. This is the opening salvo in what will be an escalating series of juvenile tit for tat exchanges. Well titted! Stand by for my upcoming tat. --Dr. Sheldon Cooper

#67    Mnemonix

Mnemonix

Alien Abducter

• Closed
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:02 PM

Thanks, I would have never known otherwise. Never seen such a curious sight.

#68    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,495 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:03 PM

It's a hyrax

#69    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:14 PM

Posted Image

Thanks for this info, I've jsut added that place to my list of places to see. LOL Sounds so peaceful.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#70    Super-Fly

Super-Fly

Caporegime.

• 1,301 posts

• The Loonies Are Running
    The Asylum!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:32 PM

Ball lightening?!

LMAO

nah, pig or rat

Super-Fly!!3

TrueStory.

#71    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:53 PM

View PostCoffey, on 26 July 2012 - 05:14 PM, said:

Thanks for this info, I've jsut added that place to my list of places to see. LOL Sounds so peaceful.

Oh yes it's very peaceful. They originally intended no building on the island at all, then WW2 broke out so they built gun turrets along the coast and highest point of the island to protect Perth. Majority of the buildings on the island are old army barracks and pretty much two town centers with very few shops and one museum.

Rottnest Island is a popular tourist attraction here, many ferries travel there each day, loaded with bicycles haha. Though not a lot of accommodation on the island, majority of accommodation is in the old army barracks (renovated) a lot of camping sites if you bring or rent a tent. A lot of schools will have the end of year camps here too. Some of the most fun I've had when I went there on school camps.

The entire island is surrounded by bays as well. White sandy shores followed by shallow clear water, then fish filled reefs followed by deeper reef water. A great place if you like snorkeling or scuba diving, plenty of reef fish and sights.

Sorry if I sound like a Rottnest Island promoter but it brought back good memories lol.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#72    Mnemonix

Mnemonix

Alien Abducter

• Closed
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:21 PM

So, possible identities of the animal so far are:
  • Dog
  • Raccoon
  • Rat
Did I miss anything?

#73    Myles

Myles

Alien Abducter

• 4,906 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:40 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 26 July 2012 - 10:24 AM, said:

I live in nyc.It's not a rat .The huge ones are about the size of a cat.This is bigger by quite a bit.
They've said its a rodent of unusual size,a pig,a raccoon ,a dog ,but all the facts support only part of each hypothosis.
They need to do DNA. I'm going with bloated raccoon .I didn't hear opposum as a possibility,but hey,why not ,but the tail and ears are wrong.
Pigs have hooves,dogs have no fingers.
Raccoon .

Bigger because it is bloated.

They do not need to waste money on a DNA test.   It's a normal animal.

#74    Myles

Myles

Alien Abducter

• 4,906 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:42 PM

Posted Image

Why haven't they been able to build a substainable population on the mainland?

Do people keep them as pets?

Have you eaten one?

#75    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 5,507 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:59 PM

I <3 Quokkas. Learn something new every day! Thks DKO.

Australia rocks!

Bigfoot is in the eye of the beholder

Scottish Scientists Only!

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

By Aliens Exist in Evolution Theory?, on 27 July 2012 - 08:23 PM

[quote name='tapirmusic' date='25 July 2012 - 02:34 PM' timestamp='1343241293'...

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users