Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Olympic Ceremony Heathcare Propaganda

• Please log in to reply
285 replies to this topic

#91    TSS

TSS

Observer

• Closed
  • 5,750 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:42 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 30 July 2012 - 01:36 PM, said:

Cars, houses, television advertising, industrial energy and jewelry are some areas where people can make a fortune in sales.

What makes you think the self-employed staff are in my bosses books?

Jeez, if you're going to make up stuff to impress people on a forum then try and understand what you're talking about first......when your boss submits his/her returns they will be working from their balance sheet, their balance sheet will show out goings, part of the outgoings will be the wage or commission you earn from your role.....if you're self employed then he/she won't be paying your tax, the money he pays you is part of his own tax records - so if HMRC have any queries about his returns then his books will show money being paid to you - so how do you avoid your name being shown to HMRC? How are you having your wages paid without any flags being raised about where the money is coming from?

#92    Norbert the Incredible

Norbert the Incredible

They knew too much about flying saucers!

• 27,203 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:57 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 30 July 2012 - 12:30 PM, said:

Its about 16 actually.

You have no idea how unfair a 40% tax rate is as you've never experienced it. Its like a kick in the teeth. You arent paying to cover the costs you generate for society like your share of the Police bill. Your paying for everyone elses.

Thats why I think we should have corporal and capital punishment, a privitised NHS, reduced education spending and dismantle as much of the social state as possible. Its why I hate people on council estates and the bottom end of society. If my tax rate was the same as the girls working on a checkout till I would gladly pay but it isnt.

Robin hood would love living in this country.

View PostExpandMyMind, on 30 July 2012 - 12:40 PM, said:

Yikes.
he's also advocated, if I recall, dropping a Nuke on Buenos Aires if the Argies to try get funny about the Falklands.

So Decide for yourself whether he wants to be taken seriously, or whether he's one of those people who live under bridges and extort protection money from passing Goats.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#93    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:24 PM

View PostThe Sky Scanner, on 30 July 2012 - 01:42 PM, said:

Jeez, if you're going to make up stuff to impress people on a forum then try and understand what you're talking about first......when your boss submits his/her returns they will be working from their balance sheet, their balance sheet will show out goings, part of the outgoings will be the wage or commission you earn from your role.....if you're self employed then he/she won't be paying your tax, the money he pays you is part of his own tax records - so if HMRC have any queries about his returns then his books will show money being paid to you - so how do you avoid your name being shown to HMRC? How are you having your wages paid without any flags being raised about where the money is coming from?

We arent on the books, there is no record of us being at the business and the wages that appear in our accounts are from a different company.

#94    TSS

TSS

Observer

• Closed
  • 5,750 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:44 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 30 July 2012 - 02:24 PM, said:

We arent on the books, there is no record of us being at the business and the wages that appear in our accounts are from a different company.

The wages are from a different company, what is that got to do with anything...it's still part of his/her expenditure sheet. The record still shows the wages go to you - you said you practise tax avoidance, if that were true then you'd have some kind of set up that pays a fictional company for non existent services, then losing the money through several accounts....but by your own admission all you have done is not register yourself as self employed, but claim you can syphon 130k through your bank account without any flags being raised.

You sir are deluded, badly informed on the subject to prattle on about, and a liar to boot.

#95    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:56 PM

View PostThe Sky Scanner, on 30 July 2012 - 02:44 PM, said:

The wages are from a different company, what is that got to do with anything...it's still part of his/her expenditure sheet. The record still shows the wages go to you - you said you practise tax avoidance, if that were true then you'd have some kind of set up that pays a fictional company for non existent services, then losing the money through several accounts....but by your own admission all you have done is not register yourself as self employed, but claim you can syphon 130k through your bank account without any flags being raised.

You sir are deluded, badly informed on the subject to prattle on about, and a liar to boot.

You are clueless, we arent on the books.

A sole trader isnt required by law to submit balance sheets and income statements (where our wages come from). The business we do does not go through the companies books and there is no record of us having been there. My employer is doing something very similar to Enron.

Edited by Mr Right Wing, 30 July 2012 - 03:00 PM.

#96    TSS

TSS

Observer

• Closed
  • 5,750 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:01 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 30 July 2012 - 02:56 PM, said:

We arent on the books.

Sole traders dont submit balance sheets and income statements (where our wages come from). The business we do does not go through the companies books.

If required to by HMRC then you sure do have to submit them. Ok so you now say the business you do isn't on any company books, despite saying previously the wages are lost under the guise of being paid from another company - but I won't push you on that since it's evident you're wriggling here ;) How you hiding 130k a year?

#97    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 16,342 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:04 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 30 July 2012 - 02:24 PM, said:

If you get paid with a check and deposit the money into a bank account they will eventually catch up with you. Heck, even if they pay you cash and you deposit it into a banking account they will get you. You may not be aware of a paper trail but there is one. It's not a matter of if a company gets audited, but when.

The only way you can get by with something like this is to mow lawns for a living, always get paid cash, keep the money under your mattress and not own anything worth very much.

Edited by Michelle, 30 July 2012 - 03:04 PM.

#98    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:19 PM

View PostThe Sky Scanner, on 30 July 2012 - 03:01 PM, said:

If required to by HMRC then you sure do have to submit them. Ok so you now say the business you do isn't on any company books, despite saying previously the wages are lost under the guise of being paid from another company - but I won't push you on that since it's evident you're wriggling here ;) How you hiding 130k a year?

Go work at a sales business for 6 months and you'll see most are at it.

The worst one I have ever worked for is Orange. Orange setup several subsidery businesses to handle their phone contract upgrades. We phoned customers up, persuaded them to keep their contracts going for whatever phone they wanted, then sent them out an old phone the stores couldnt get rid off.

They would complain to Orange and Orange would say its not us you've done business with you will need to contact whoever you did the upgrade with. A quick search of the documents received with the phone and they discovered no contact number or even a business name hahaha. In that one we were told to make sure we registered with HRMC as self-employed.

At the present one we were told the business was setup so theres no record of you and theres no why HRMC can track you.

Edited by Mr Right Wing, 30 July 2012 - 03:20 PM.

#99    TSS

TSS

Observer

• Closed
  • 5,750 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:23 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 30 July 2012 - 03:19 PM, said:

Go work at a sales business for 6 months and you'll see most are at it.

The worst one I have ever worked for is Orange. Orange setup several subsidery businesses to handle their phone contract upgrades. We phoned customers up, persuaded them to keep their contracts going for whatever phone they wanted, then sent them out an old phone the stores couldnt get rid off.

They would complain to Orange and Orange would say its not us you've done business with you will need to contact whoever you did the upgrade with. A quick search of the documents received with the phone and they discovered no contact number or even a business name hahaha. In that one we were told to make sure we registered with HRMC as self-employed.

At the present one we were told the business was setup so theres no record of you and theres no why HRMC can track you.

Ok i'll word the question simpler for you, as you're struggling with this - how do they pay you? cheque, bankers draft, direct transfer, cash in brown envelope? How are you paid?

#100    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:31 PM

View PostThe Sky Scanner, on 30 July 2012 - 03:23 PM, said:

Ok i'll word the question simpler for you, as you're struggling with this - how do they pay you? cheque, bankers draft, direct transfer, cash in brown envelope? How are you paid?

Again they dont pay me a seperate business does.

#101    TSS

TSS

Observer

• Closed
  • 5,750 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:36 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 30 July 2012 - 03:31 PM, said:

Again they dont pay me a seperate business does.

How does the "separate business" pay you - what method?

#102    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,626 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:40 PM

Wow, this thread has gone off it's tracks. I also think perhaps it might be heading into the land of discussing doing illegal things, and that's not ok.

In an effort to get the thread back on topic...

So, is there anyone that thinks the NHS part of the opening ceremony was propaganda targeted at U.S. folk? Personally, I think not. But I wouldn't doubt it that some U.S. folk would think it was.
Was that segment propaganda in general for all the world? Perhaps. I don't think so, but other people apparently do.

#103    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,821 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:45 PM

View Postrashore, on 30 July 2012 - 03:40 PM, said:

Wow, this thread has gone off it's tracks. I also think perhaps it might be heading into the land of discussing doing illegal things, and that's not ok.

In an effort to get the thread back on topic...

So, is there anyone that thinks the NHS part of the opening ceremony was propaganda targeted at U.S. folk? Personally, I think not. But I wouldn't doubt it that some U.S. folk would think it was.
Was that segment propaganda in general for all the world? Perhaps. I don't think so, but other people apparently do.

Given that it fell under "Britain's Great Achievements" in the show I doubt it was propaganda aimed at anybody, It was the British celebrating themselves.

Edited by questionmark, 30 July 2012 - 04:09 PM.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#104    TSS

TSS

Observer

• Closed
  • 5,750 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:47 PM

View Postrashore, on 30 July 2012 - 03:40 PM, said:

Discussing doing illegal things isn't being discussed, because he's making it up. He wouldn't know how to avoid tax if it was driving a 4x4 and trying to run him over....

Best to go back on topic though, this convo with him is stupid on an epic scale...

#105    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,416 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:06 PM

Huh.  I never even thought of any thing negative when watching the Opening Ceremony.  I was very impressed with the kids and the fact that actual doctors and nurses were involved.

Opening Olympic Ceremony

Does anyone else ever worry that too much is read into stuff?

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users