Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Illuminati and 2012 Olympics Conspiracy

• Please log in to reply
381 replies to this topic

#46    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

There has been an awakening

• 5,322 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:19 PM

View PostEmma_Acid, on 02 August 2012 - 02:06 PM, said:

Trying to get the Overground to Camden's been murder. Apparently "regulating the system" means "cancelling every other train". Odd.

Good luck for the next couple of weeks.

Its easy to underplay issues when you you are not effected by the issues. Hope you still enjoy the games though. :)

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#47    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 02 August 2012 - 04:29 PM

View PostEmma_Acid, on 02 August 2012 - 01:49 PM, said:

Call them what you want, but I think the whole idea from the very beginning is nonsensical. Name one - one - event where a conspiracy has turned out to be true and the conspirators have gone through great lengths to advertise their existence beforehand.

Name one? How about 33:

http://www.phibetaio...entral-feature/

Does it hurt?

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#48    Czero 101

Czero 101

Earthshattering Kaboom

• 5,299 posts

• We are all made of thermonuclear waste material

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:52 PM

View PostCoffey, on 02 August 2012 - 04:29 PM, said:

Perhaps you missed this part of Emma's post:

View PostEmma_Acid, on 02 August 2012 - 01:49 PM, said:

Name one - one - event where a conspiracy has turned out to be true and the conspirators have gone through great lengths to advertise their existence beforehand.

Maybe you can tell us how the Manhattan Project was splashed all over the papers and was known to millions of people around the world in 1942 - 1945...?

Maybe you'd like to explain to us ANY of those on that list "went to great lengths to advertise their existence beforehand"...?

Cz

"You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep seated need to believe..." - Carl Sagan
"I'm tired of ignorance held up as inspiration, where vicious anti-intellectualism is considered a positive trait, and where uninformed opinion is displayed as fact." - Phil Plait
"For it is the natural tendency of the ignorant to believe what is not true. In order to overcome that tendency it is not sufficient to exhibit the true; it is also necessary to expose and denounce the false." - H. L. Mencken

#49    Left-Field

Left-Field

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:43 PM

View PostCzero 101, on 02 August 2012 - 05:52 PM, said:

Maybe you'd like to explain to us ANY of those on that list "went to great lengths to advertise their existence beforehand?"

Again, I'll try to address all (or most) of the comments others made when I have the time to sit and do so.

In the meantime, however, why does it matter if the people who carry out any conspiracy advertised their existence beforehand or not? Why does it matter if they "went to great lengths" upon doing so?

By the way, for those that scoff at mention of the "Illuminati" I wonder how many of you realize such an organization is a documented historical fact: Illuminati

#50    Czero 101

Czero 101

Earthshattering Kaboom

• 5,299 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:52 PM

Since you quoted my post, I'll assume you're addressing this to me:

View PostAngel Left Wing, on 02 August 2012 - 06:43 PM, said:

In the meantime, however, why does it matter if the people who carry out any conspiracy advertised their existence beforehand or not? Why does it matter if they "went to great lengths" upon doing so?

It matters because the list Coffey provided with the intent of refuting Emma's post does not address the point made in Emma's post. Its an answer to a question not asked.

Its sort of like saying there are no good vegetarian restaurants in whatever city you are in and being given a list of the best steak and seafood restaurants.

Maybe you're ok with answering things not asked, providing incorrect information to a request, but I'm not, and I'm sure others aren't either.

Cz

"You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep seated need to believe..." - Carl Sagan
"I'm tired of ignorance held up as inspiration, where vicious anti-intellectualism is considered a positive trait, and where uninformed opinion is displayed as fact." - Phil Plait
"For it is the natural tendency of the ignorant to believe what is not true. In order to overcome that tendency it is not sufficient to exhibit the true; it is also necessary to expose and denounce the false." - H. L. Mencken

#51    Left-Field

Left-Field

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:09 PM

View PostCzero 101, on 02 August 2012 - 06:52 PM, said:

Since you quoted my post, I'll assume you're addressing this to me:

The question was meant for anyone who cares to answer it, not you specifically. You are certainly welcome to respond to it though (like you have).

View PostCzero 101, on 02 August 2012 - 06:52 PM, said:

It matters because the list Coffey provided with the intent of refuting Emma's post does not address the point made in Emma's post. Its an answer to a question not asked.

The point of my question is what relevance is there behind asking if conspiracies exist in which the group behind them advertised their existence (whether it be at great lengths or not) before stated conspiracy was carried out?

If a conspiracy exists, it exists. Whether it is advertised or not has no relevance. If a secret society exists, it too exists whether they advertise their existence or not.

With that being the case, I ask again, what relevance is there to wanting to know of a group and / or conspiracy having  existed (or currently existing) that advertises their plans and / or existence?

Edited by Angel Left Wing, 02 August 2012 - 07:39 PM.

#52    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:51 PM

View PostCzero 101, on 02 August 2012 - 05:52 PM, said:

Perhaps you missed this part of Emma's post:

Maybe you can tell us how the Manhattan Project was splashed all over the papers and was known to millions of people around the world in 1942 - 1945...?

Maybe you'd like to explain to us ANY of those on that list "went to great lengths to advertise their existence beforehand"...?

Cz

So you pick one?

Out of 33...

Try picking one that is more in line witht he subject. :rolleyes:

Nuclear program and a public event aren't the same are they.

#53    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

a dark, sarcastic, depressing blanket of nihilism

• 25,386 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:16 PM

I'm not really sure what that list http://www.phibetaio...entral-feature/ purports to reveal; a conspiracy theory is one, e.g. that the Govt*. has secret dealings with extra terrestrials or that it did the 9.11 attacks itself; what those seem to be is, well, all sorts of things that governments have done over the years to a greater or lesser degree of fishiness. And I'm not sure whether some could really described as Conspiracies at all (Federal Reserve Bank? Surely that's not a secret exactly). And some are hardly Government conspiracies, they're anti-Government conspiracies: "Conspiracy to Assassinate Hitler (Government Internal, Germany)"?  All those would have been conspiracy theories that were proved true if there had been theories about their existence beforehand, perhaps, but how many of them did have?

* the U.S. one, of course, naturally

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#54    Czero 101

Czero 101

Earthshattering Kaboom

• 5,299 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:51 PM

View PostCoffey, on 02 August 2012 - 07:51 PM, said:

So you pick one?

Out of 33...
Yes, I picked one AS AN EXAMPLE... An example that NONE of the things on the list you provided are useful in your failed attempt to refute Emma's point.

And did you miss the part where I said this:

...?

You seem to have a problem with missing random yet important parts of posts... you should maybe look into fixing that...

Try picking one that is more in line witht he subject. :rolleyes:
Actually, that's what you should have done since it was YOU trying and failing to make the point. Why should I or anyone else have to do YOUR WORK for you...?

You didn't say, "Ok, here's a list of 33 conspiracies. There's one or two - like {this one} and {that one} - that are in line with the topic".

Instead you presented the ENTIRE LIST, implying that everything on that list is part of your failed attempted refutation.

How is it my fault that you're too lazy to actually point out the ones that fit...?

Nuclear program and a public event aren't the same are they.
No... they're not... so why would you choose a list that has that program - not to mention secret military programs and other examples that aren't PUBLIC EVENTS - on it as an attempt to refute the point that Emma was trying to make..??

Looks to me like you didn't even bother to look at what was on the list... :rolleyes:

Cz

Edited by Czero 101, 02 August 2012 - 08:58 PM.

#55    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:02 PM

View PostCzero 101, on 02 August 2012 - 08:51 PM, said:

Yes, I picked one AS AN EXAMPLE... An example that NONE of the things on the list you provided are useful in your failed attempt to refute Emma's point.

And did you miss the part where I said this:

...?

You seem to have a problem with missing random yet important parts of posts... you should maybe look into fixing that...

Actually, that's what you should have done since it was YOU trying and failing to make the point. Why should I or anyone else have to do YOUR WORK for you...?

You didn't say, "Ok, here's a list of 33 conspiracies. There's one or two - like {this one} and {that one} - that are in line with the topic".

Instead you presented the ENTIRE LIST, implying that everything on that list is part of your failed attempted refutation.

How is it my fault that you're too lazy to actually point out the ones that fit...?

No... they're not... so why would you choose a list that has that program - not to mention secret military programs and other examples that aren't PUBLIC EVENTS - on it as an attempt to refute the point that Emma was trying to make..??

Looks to me like you didn't even bother to look at what was on the list... :rolleyes:

Cz

Loads of those where discussed by people and had things written about them before they where finally "revealed" to be true. One specific case MK ULTRA, it was a discussed conspiracy theory for a long time. Now it is a proven fact.

There proven the point.

We didn't have the internet back then so it was obviously different and it was easier to lie throught he media as you didn't have millions of people on the internet digging stuff up.

Huge difference in societies. The itnernet is half good and half bad. Firstly it's good for information, peple cna dig more etc and people can share ideas sadly there is people who take the media for gospel. (These peopel I cannot stand)

Just to back up my ccase I will provide my evidence of people tkaing the media as gospel and being sheep:

The Miami "face eater" attack. The media first said he was on bath salts. they mad eit out liek it was a fact. I argued with 95% of people who beleived them. With more than 40% of those beleiving the "bath salts" where the same ones people use int heir baths and nto a streetname for a drug. The media made no attempt of actually explaining this. Taking advantage of the blind sheep to just follow it as gospel... Oh look 2 weeks later "Bath salts" don't show in 2 seperate toxicology in reports..... The Goverment officially announces that it beleives the 35+ crazy attacks int he US are "excited delerium" but that's not fun enough for the media to throw aorund so they carry on shouting "bath salts" a drug that has been aorund for 10+ years. (plant food int he UK)

This is 1 of many examples of the media BS and lack of ability to report actual facts. Proving to me that people will follow that BS that they spew out a gospel.

I don't even understand why the hell you mentioned media?! The media wasn't part of her point.

Her point was conspirayc theories making a big deal out of it befor eit was proven... In which case I have proven they have before. Those people jsut had less outlets for it because we didn't have the Internet back then. (civillians that is)

Another case was the world being round. Poeple where killed over that and there the people saying it could be where looked at as insane.....

Edited by Coffey, 02 August 2012 - 09:11 PM.

#56    Czero 101

Czero 101

Earthshattering Kaboom

• 5,299 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:12 PM

View PostCoffey, on 02 August 2012 - 09:02 PM, said:

Loads of those where discussed by people and had things written about them before they where finally "revealed" to be true. One specific case MK ULTRA, it was a discussed conspiracy theory for a long time. Now it is a proven fact.

There proven the point.

Covert CIA / OSI research project and a public event aren't the same are they....?

So, really, you haven't proven anything except that  you are still apparently incapable of seeing that your list still doesn't work to refute Emma's point...

But hey... by all means continue grasping at those straws... :rolleyes:

Cz

#57    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:22 PM

Her point was conspirayc theories making a big deal out of it befor eit was proven... In which case I have proven they have before. Those people jsut had less outlets for it because we didn't have the Internet back then. (civillians that is)
With all due respect, that wasn't her point at all Coffey.

I suggest you go back to her post and re-read it.  If you still don't understand her point after that, I suggest that you ask her to clarify her point instead of assuming that you understand it, because clearly you don't.

#58    Left-Field

Left-Field

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:27 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 01 August 2012 - 10:46 AM, said:

I'm sorry but did I read that correctly, they have sinister look about them?

You heard what I said the way you wanted to hear it.

If you cared to be accurate about my statement, I said that in my opinion they almost have a sinister look about them - especially the one on the left, "Wenlock."

I say "Wenlock" especially due to the fact his "brow" dips down in the middle as if he (or she?) is paying particular attention to something.

Some people are afraid of clowns, I guess they must be representatives of the Illuminati too.

Do you really not understand why your statement above has no correlation to the Illuminati or anything I stated.

No one said that everything people fear is related to the Illuminati. Nor has anyone ever associated clowns with the Illuminati.

Your comment above is pure silliness.

Now, on the other hand, if the clowns in the Ringling Bros. Circus suddenly began wearing pyramid themed costumes with single eye-balled symbols on them, then yeah, it would give people fair reason to wonder why that is the case and ponder if the "Illuminati" played any role with the Ringling Bros. suddenly dressing their clowns in such a manner.

I guess if you're obsessed about that kind of thing it might. Just look at all the strange places people have found Jesus.

More silliness.

Comparing symbols that are clear in their appearance to someone claiming to see the face of Jesus on a piece of bread they just toasted (just giving an example) is not a comaparable analogy at all.

Wait, I thought the Illuminati was a bunch of satan worshippers?

And if they are (and I'm not saying they are), what is your point? There are many ways to worship Satan while still making mention of religion related to God and Christ. It can be distorted in many, many ways (the Catholic church is an example of this).

Furthermore, simply because a fraction within a group may be linked to something does not mean the entire group does those same things.

William Blake wrote what he wrote in the poem I quoted from while still being recognized as an "enlightened one" at the time he wrote it by the way.

How dare they use basic geometrical shapes! They should've used giant phalluses.

I didn't know the "All Seeing Eye" sitting atop a pyramid has come to be known as a basic geometrical shape. Interesting.

Furthermore, a triangle is a basic geometrical shape, but not all triangles are pyramids. The Illuminati is associated with using the pyramid as one of their symbols, not triangles.

As for the phallus', I am fairly certain that if the stadium was constructed with phallus shaped lights all along the top rim of the stadium and people began posting, or asking within the conspiracy section about who was behind this and why it was done others (maybe yourself as well) would come up with every possible reason you could think of as to how the design came about and why it was done without any ill intentioned thoughts or reasoning.

#59    Emma_Acid

Emma_Acid

Alien Abducter

• 4,586 posts

• Godspeed MID

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:05 PM

Jesus wept. Can open; worms everywhere.

I didn't say that conspiracy theories never happened, were never discussed, and never came true. I didn't even say the Illuminati didn't once exist.

I was pointing out the completely and utter non-logic in a supposedly secret organisation going to massive lengths to advertise their existence and intentions before the execution of their (albeit nebulous) masterplan.

You are looking for what you want to find.

I'll repeat - the mascots have one eye; there is a ubiquitous, and architecturally obvious, shape featured in one (just one) structure in the Olympic park; and the letters 2012 can be reordered to look a bit like something else.

This is evidence of nothing.

I can't wait for the Olympics to be over - and that's not just so I can get to work on time. (Incidentally - I work for the company that built the Olympic park and all the stadia - should I not be in on the nefarious plans of world domination? I feel distinctly left out).

"Science is the least subjective form of deduction" ~ A. Mulder

#60    Emma_Acid

Emma_Acid

Alien Abducter

• 4,586 posts

• Godspeed MID

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:15 PM

View PostAngel Left Wing, on 02 August 2012 - 09:27 PM, said:

I say "Wenlock" especially due to the fact his "brow" dips down in the middle as if he (or she?) is paying particular attention to something.

Now it is getting tenuous.

William Blake wrote what he wrote in the poem I quoted from while still being recognized as an "enlightened one" at the time he wrote it by the way.

William Blake was deeply religious and didn't really agree with much of the Enlightenment's philosophy.

Try again.

I didn't know the "All Seeing Eye" sitting atop a pyramid has come to be known as a basic geometrical shape. Interesting.

Furthermore, a triangle is a basic geometrical shape, but not all triangles are pyramids. The Illuminati is associated with using the pyramid as one of their symbols, not triangles.

Are they? I'd like you to provide an historic, academic source that links the Illuminati with pyramids. And no, a conspiracy website or youtube video won't do.

"Science is the least subjective form of deduction" ~ A. Mulder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users