Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Israel, Fourth Largest Arms Industry Exporter

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#31    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:53 PM

View PostMoon Monkey, on 05 August 2012 - 09:20 PM, said:

Well...if SHE says so !!

....and peace protest come on....do you really believe that ? Post the full video showing the 'peace protest' then as this was clearly edited from the point of arrest, what led up to the arrest?

Which bit of the thread exactly does a woman getting arrested for unknown reasons and an american tourist getting in the way of israeli soldiers respond or contribute to?

The forum has always had people with different views, but usually REASONED views. Every time you have been asked for your opinion you have just said "I don't know enough about the subject to comment" but suddenly your comment is summed up with two propoganda videos. I fear you have already made your mind up on the entire topic, israel bad, palestinians good and you will swallow whatever you are fed as long as it meets that point of view, Shame really, does the world need another dopey student in a kafiyah ?

Student? What are you on about.

I don't comment on the politics of Isreal that is all. I have my opinion on the Isreali military though which i ahve made clear. How can civilians be filming propaganda?! LOL Their is American civilians going over there and filming this. Not the media which is mostly propaganda.

View Postand then, on 05 August 2012 - 08:01 PM, said:

So these videos are supposed to show "terrorism" against civilians?  Pathetic, man.  These are shills performing for a camera.  I've seen college football punters do better "injury" acting.  They're lucky(especially the loud mouthed biatch standing in front of the soldier's rifle) that they weren't seriously hurt.  What a joke.

Where are you from?

Edited by Coffey, 05 August 2012 - 09:54 PM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#32    Super-Fly

Super-Fly

Caporegime.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts

• The Loonies Are Running
    The Asylum!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:29 AM

The girl in the video, seemed more of an american then a hepless palistinian.

Like the ones who go traveling on a gap year.

Just an observation.

Thanks,

Super-Fly!!3

TrueStory.

#33    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:51 AM

View PostSuper-Fly, on 06 August 2012 - 02:29 AM, said:

The girl in the video, seemed more of an american then a hepless palistinian.

Like the ones who go traveling on a gap year.

Just an observation.

Thanks,

Yeah she was, that's the point of it. Loads of US students go there on gap year to protest and film these things to make people more aware of what it's really like over there and not what the media shows us.

#34    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,819 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:25 AM

It must be exciting to face down tyranny.  Too bad she's facing the wrong direction... :w00t:

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#35    Super-Fly

Super-Fly

Caporegime.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts

• The Loonies Are Running
    The Asylum!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:59 AM

She should have joined a kibbutz.

Thanks,

Super-Fly!!3

TrueStory.

#36    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:19 PM

View Postand then, on 06 August 2012 - 10:25 AM, said:

It must be exciting to face down tyranny.  Too bad she's facing the wrong direction... :w00t:

Only by your beliefs. :tu:

#37    Moon Monkey

Moon Monkey

Government Agent

• 3,884 posts

• All I learnt at school was how to bend not break the rules

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:19 PM

View PostCoffey, on 06 August 2012 - 09:51 AM, said:

Yeah she was, that's the point of it. Loads of US students go there on gap year to protest and film these things to make people more aware of what it's really like over there and not what the media shows us.
.....Cause trouble, encourage confrontations and film the inevitable outcome safe in the knowledge that it wont be them that suffers. Then when they return to their nice suburban lives they can forget about the poor palestinian kid who took a rubber bullet in his spine after being encouraged to throw stones or the poor 18 yr old conscript who has to take a brick to the face or live with the knowledge he put a kid in a wheelchair.

It is a perfect example of the Observer-Expectancy Effect.

#38    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:47 PM

View PostMoon Monkey, on 06 August 2012 - 04:19 PM, said:

.....Cause trouble, encourage confrontations and film the inevitable outcome safe in the knowledge that it wont be them that suffers. Then when they return to their nice suburban lives they can forget about the poor palestinian kid who took a rubber bullet in his spine after being encouraged to throw stones or the poor 18 yr old conscript who has to take a brick to the face or live with the knowledge he put a kid in a wheelchair.

It is a perfect example of the Observer-Expectancy Effect.

I didn't see a stone or brick being thrown.... If the kid can throw that far... he would be in the Olympics!!!!!! Or being experimented on by scientist for having a cannon for an arm.

#39    Moon Monkey

Moon Monkey

Government Agent

• 3,884 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:54 PM

View PostCoffey, on 06 August 2012 - 04:47 PM, said:

I didn't see a stone or brick being thrown.... If the kid can throw that far... he would be in the Olympics!!!!!! Or being experimented on by scientist for having a cannon for an arm.
I really am banging my head against a brick wall here but hey-ho....of course you didn't see anything being thrown as that wouldn't have served the propaganda purposes of the video.

Btw have you ever seen the power and distance a 9 yr old arab kid can get out of a sling? I have and it is quite remarkable.

#40    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,819 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:55 PM

View PostMoon Monkey, on 06 August 2012 - 04:54 PM, said:

I really am banging my head against a brick wall here but hey-ho....of course you didn't see anything being thrown as that wouldn't have served the propaganda purposes of the video.

Btw have you ever seen the power and distance a 9 yr old arab kid can get out of a sling? I have and it is quite remarkable.
Not many people could be as simple as this guy acts.  
I agree about the sling.  I've seen video demonstrations of the power and accuracy of these things in a skilled user's hands.  They could hunt with them.

“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#41    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:24 PM

View Postand then, on 06 August 2012 - 05:55 PM, said:

Not many people could be as simple as this guy acts.  
I agree about the sling.  I've seen video demonstrations of the power and accuracy of these things in a skilled user's hands.  They could hunt with them.

Hahahahahahaha this is hilarious. You are calling me simple yet you are actually thinking about the idea of the kid causing this with a sling, when the video doesn't show that in anyway. How funny, clouded my religious beliefs and you call me simple. HAHAHAHAHA

What do you do for a living out of curiosity as you keep calling me dumb and simple?

View PostMoon Monkey, on 06 August 2012 - 04:54 PM, said:

Haha, just making up stuff now to argue against the video. Hilarious.

Edited by Coffey, 06 August 2012 - 06:25 PM.

#42    Moon Monkey

Moon Monkey

Government Agent

• 3,884 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:34 PM

One day you will grow up, do some decent unbiased research, possibly a light will go on and you will realise that it is not a black and white situation but is mostly grey with propaganda showing one side or the other as the innocents.

But while you think that the israeli military are firing over tourists heads just for the fun and that videos that suddenly start and stop without providing any context or build up to actions that paint one side or the other as the bad guys are not propaganda then there is no help for you. Or hope.

#43    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,819 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:51 PM

Coffey, MM was giving an "example" of a situation to clarify his point.  He wasn't actually saying a brick was thrown.  My comment about the sling was in response to his open comment about how powerful they can be.  Nothing more.  And you're right...it WAS rude to call you simple and I apologize.  But you are frustrating to try to discuss things with because you go off on wild tangents about things that were spoken figuratively.  And you will be more believable in your criticism if you actually cite things I've said in error rather than just blame my religious views.  I think I explain them rather rationally and calmly.  i don't ask anyone else to believe really...just state my beliefs and opinions.  There shouldn't be any harm in that.

#44    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:52 PM

View PostMoon Monkey, on 06 August 2012 - 06:34 PM, said:

One day you will grow up, do some decent unbiased research, possibly a light will go on and you will realise that it is not a black and white situation but is mostly grey with propaganda showing one side or the other as the innocents.

But while you think that the israeli military are firing over tourists heads just for the fun and that videos that suddenly start and stop without providing any context or build up to actions that paint one side or the other as the bad guys are not propaganda then there is no help for you. Or hope.

How old are you then? Telling me to grow up... lol

I know damn fine the situation is far from black and white and I don't blame either side individually both sides are too blame. That is far from the point I was making. All these discussions where 1 sided which is exactly why I got involved in them.

I see And then and that Steve guy (Steve being a fascist Nazi) completely bashing Arabs constantly and posting about how bad they are yet absolutely no comment on Israel or it's military. Always pointing the finger at the opposite side. That is why I started posting what I did. To make sure people weren't just blaming 1 side. Maybe you need to realise that.

View Postand then, on 06 August 2012 - 06:51 PM, said:

Coffey, MM was giving an "example" of a situation to clarify his point.  He wasn't actually saying a brick was thrown.  My comment about the sling was in response to his open comment about how powerful they can be.  Nothing more.  And you're right...it WAS rude to call you simple and I apologize.  But you are frustrating to try to discuss things with because you go off on wild tangents about things that were spoken figuratively.  And you will be more believable in your criticism if you actually cite things I've said in error rather than just blame my religious views.  I think I explain them rather rationally and calmly.  i don't ask anyone else to believe really...just state my beliefs and opinions.  There shouldn't be any harm in that.

You post 1 sided views and you constantly give excuses for the sort of behavior the Israeli Military carries out. it doesn't matter what these children do, it is wrong.

it jsut causes the never ending circle of hatred there between the 2 sides. They should both get a grip and get along. I was taught how to share and play nice with others when i was 5 years old for gods sake.

Edited by Coffey, 06 August 2012 - 06:55 PM.

#45    Moon Monkey

Moon Monkey

Government Agent

• 3,884 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:07 PM

View PostCoffey, on 06 August 2012 - 06:52 PM, said:

How old are you then? Telling me to grow up... lol

I know damn fine the situation is far from black and white and I don't blame either side individually both sides are too blame. That is far from the point I was making. All these discussions where 1 sided which is exactly why I got involved in them.

I see And then and that Steve guy (Steve being a fascist Nazi) completely bashing Arabs constantly and posting about how bad they are yet absolutely no comment on Israel or it's military. Always pointing the finger at the opposite side. That is why I started posting what I did. To make sure people weren't just blaming 1 side. Maybe you need to realise that.

If I tell you I was living and working in Gaza in the early 90's it will give you a clue to my age, or you could just look at my profile. I say grow up because I get preconceptions from the way you post and what you post. If you are not very young then I shake my head at the UK education system once again.

As an aside I have seen the slings in action, even had a go myself, I know what they are capable of and I would not be surprised if a sling was used somewhere in the build up to the soldiers firing over that tourists head, that or they were attempting to cross a border line to make a point and stones, tear gas and rubber bullets came out. It happens every single week.

I think you should take a time out and have a good read through this forum. There are plenty of people making reasoned arguments about the israel-palestinian conflict from both sides and have been for years. Every so often another person comes along and flings a load of you tube videos, copies and pastes from some completely biased website or posts what is clearly one eyed opinion but they never last long. After a while they begin to look a bit silly and I am afraid that is the road you are heading down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users