Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

The thread for those who love beer.

beer homebrewing drinking

  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

    Poltergeist

  • Closed
  • 2,461 posts
  • Joined:05 Jan 2012

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:02 PM

View PostMaestro, on 02 August 2012 - 07:59 PM, said:

As I live in Columbus, OH, I have to mentione the Columbus Brewing Company.

COLUMBUS PALE ALE
Copper color with a dry finish.
This award winning, copper colored pale ale was the first beer we ever brewed and it's still one of our favorites.  We carefully blend German and English malts and add generous portions of American hops for a refreshing citrus aroma and log, dry finish.

BODHI
This double India pale ale is loaded with American hop character and is sure to awaken your senses.

Those both sound like solid brews.  If I'm ever in the area i will make sure to stop by the brewery.


#17    Euphorbia

Euphorbia

    Odd Plant Grower

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts
  • Joined:19 Jul 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Somewhere east of San Francisco

  • You can't just choose to believe something.

    Believing in something doesn't make it true.

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:27 PM

View Postorangepeaceful79, on 02 August 2012 - 07:53 PM, said:

drinking beer out of the bottle is a perfectly acceptable practice.  I prefer it out of a glass, as the glass concentrates the aromas and brings them right to your nose with each drink.  Taste and smell are integrated senses so I find that I enjoy a beer more out of a glass, but to each his/her own I say.

I guess I should of been more clear with my comment. Although I do drink beer out of a bottle, I do prefer it in a beer glass. I have a collection of beer glasses that I use regularly. I simply meant that I don't care as much for canned beer. It cheapens the experience.

Quote

Oh and Bass Pale on a hot summer day - very refreshing.  I'd vote for that - might not be my favorite pale ale, but good on  a hot day.

I'm always looking for the next great beer! Pale Ales are a favorite of mine!

Get three coffins ready.

My mistake, four coffins.

Separation of corporation and state!

#18    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

    Poltergeist

  • Closed
  • 2,461 posts
  • Joined:05 Jan 2012

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:37 PM

View PostEuphorbia, on 02 August 2012 - 08:27 PM, said:

I guess I should of been more clear with my comment. Although I do drink beer out of a bottle, I do prefer it in a beer glass. I have a collection of beer glasses that I use regularly. I simply meant that I don't care as much for canned beer. It cheapens the experience.



I'm always looking for the next great beer! Pale Ales are a favorite of mine!

There are a few worthy exceptions to the can rule.  There are a growing number of microbreweries that are putting their stuff out in cans now.   A really good canned Pale Ale is from the Oskar Blues brewery in Fort Collins, CO I think.  Probably one of my more preferred Pale Ales by the way.  Definitely worth a try if you can get your hands on it.   Green Flash Brewing is another brewery that is switching over to cans.  Try their Modus Hoperandi.  Its excellent.

I usually keep some PBR tallboys around too, because sometimes a nice American Light Lager is just the ticket for me - not often, but occasionally...and with some green olives its awesome.


#19    ohio_traveler

ohio_traveler

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,864 posts
  • Joined:07 Feb 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:49 AM

View PostMaestro, on 02 August 2012 - 07:59 PM, said:

As I live in Columbus, OH, I have to mentione the Columbus Brewing Company.

COLUMBUS PALE ALE
Copper color with a dry finish.
This award winning, copper colored pale ale was the first beer we ever brewed and it's still one of our favorites.  We carefully blend German and English malts and add generous portions of American hops for a refreshing citrus aroma and log, dry finish.

BODHI
This double India pale ale is loaded with American hop character and is sure to awaken your senses.

I'm not too far from Columbus.  Did you ever go to Hosters Brewery / Restaurant ?  ( Closed now )

I loved that place. Sure do miss it.

OP79.... I don't think I really have a favorite IPA.  I've been drinking some recently from Smuttynose Brewery that I really like.   I also enjoy many summertime brews that have a taste of rasberry flavor to them.


#20    Ealdwita

Ealdwita

    Hwít éoredmæcg

  • Member
  • 5,275 posts
  • Joined:08 Jun 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:43 PM

This what you call a website!......................

http://www.wychwood..../hobgoblin/home

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#21    Papa Whiskey

Papa Whiskey

    HooDoo Man

  • Member
  • 3,286 posts
  • Joined:24 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The 4th Dimension

  • Man is the unnatural animal, the rebel child of nature. - H.G. Wells

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:29 PM

View PostClyde the Glyde, on 03 August 2012 - 11:49 AM, said:

I'm not too far from Columbus.  Did you ever go to Hosters Brewery / Restaurant ?  ( Closed now )

I loved that place. Sure do miss it.

OP79.... I don't think I really have a favorite IPA.  I've been drinking some recently from Smuttynose Brewery that I really like.   I also enjoy many summertime brews that have a taste of rasberry flavor to them.


Never made it there, no. But I do still often hit The Elevator in downtown Columbus. It's a brewery and draught haus. The food is killer too. One of the finer breweries in town. I highly recommend it for, just about any really, event or nice night out.

Edited to correct obnoxious spacing error.

Edited by Maestro, 03 August 2012 - 02:31 PM.

And finally, anyone who uses the terms "irregardless", " a whole 'nother" or "all of the sudden", shall be sent to a work camp!

#22    Papa Whiskey

Papa Whiskey

    HooDoo Man

  • Member
  • 3,286 posts
  • Joined:24 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The 4th Dimension

  • Man is the unnatural animal, the rebel child of nature. - H.G. Wells

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:30 PM

So, we are discussing our appreciation of brew and the AdChoice at the bottom of the page is:

Christian Alcohol Rehab
Christian Alcohol Rehab Safe Christian Rehab.Call 855.228.2919
DecisionPointCenter.com/Christian

Man are these guys preaching to the wrong audience...

And finally, anyone who uses the terms "irregardless", " a whole 'nother" or "all of the sudden", shall be sent to a work camp!

#23    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

    Poltergeist

  • Closed
  • 2,461 posts
  • Joined:05 Jan 2012

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:35 PM

View PostMaestro, on 03 August 2012 - 02:30 PM, said:

So, we are discussing our appreciation of brew and the AdChoice at the bottom of the page is:

Christian Alcohol Rehab
Christian Alcohol Rehab Safe Christian Rehab.Call 855.228.2919
DecisionPointCenter.com/Christian

Man are these guys preaching to the wrong audience...

Mine's advertising free Catheter samples.....eek.


#24    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

    Poltergeist

  • Closed
  • 2,461 posts
  • Joined:05 Jan 2012

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:39 PM

View Postealdwita, on 03 August 2012 - 12:43 PM, said:

This what you call a website!......................

http://www.wychwood..../hobgoblin/home

I've had Hobgoblin once.  It was pretty good.  It was in my earlier days of beer appreciation...I've refined my tastes a bit now..I bet I'd appreciate it more now.


#25    ThePhantomFlanFlinger

ThePhantomFlanFlinger

    Poltergeist

  • Closed
  • 2,313 posts
  • Joined:22 Jun 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 03 August 2012 - 03:07 PM

My 'go to' cider when im in the mood..its bout 8.2%abv but very refreshing when served cold....

Posted Image


#26    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

    Poltergeist

  • Closed
  • 2,461 posts
  • Joined:05 Jan 2012

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:24 PM

View PostBrianPotter, on 03 August 2012 - 03:07 PM, said:

My 'go to' cider when im in the mood..its bout 8.2%abv but very refreshing when served cold....

Posted Image

That looks delicious.  I've never seen a higher ABV cider for sale in Kansas.  I made one a couple years ago though...boosting the fermentable sugars of the apple juice with honey.  It was amazing.  Honey's molecular structure is different than simple sugars like fructose and maltose (cider, wine, beer, etc..) so not all of it fermented out.  Enough to make it about 9% ABV, but still sweet and delicious.  I need to make some-ah-that again.






Also tagged with beer, homebrewing, drinking

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users