Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Evolution Vs. Creationism

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
904 replies to this topic

#46    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 19 February 2003 - 05:17 PM

skalra63,

You stated you donít know much about the bible, and that seems to be the understatement of a lifetime.

Nobody is going to know everything regardless what they ask, which further validates my statement that itís a stupid question which shouldnít be entitled to an answer.                                                

Edited by Homer, 19 February 2003 - 05:20 PM.

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

#47    Mr-X

Mr-X

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 20 February 2003 - 08:24 AM

Creationism (intelligent design) and Evolution (chance or random occurrence).  

I think the universe is big enough for both theories to be partially true.

Oh, you should never doubt what no one is sure about.
- Willy Wonka

#48    j6p

j6p

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 20 February 2003 - 02:28 PM

I you're right on the money Mr. X, I can't think of anything that doesn't change. Everything in creation evolves constantly, absolutes even evolve.

I'm having a wonderful day. A friend who needed a hand with a chore called me this morning and said that he took care of it himself. He thanked me for the offer to help. **JOY**                                                  

#49    reese2

reese2

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 25 February 2003 - 04:26 PM

Good Lord!!!  (No pun intended)  Well, maybe   sasmokin.gif

Is there any particular reason why everyone gets so turned inside out at the mention of this topic?  Personally there is never a right or wrong answer to this subject.  I say, believe whatever makes you sleep easier at night.  No one will ever know the truth. (Until it is too late, that is)  It is all pure speculation.  

So, as far as asking stupid questions, they really are frivilous because as smart as most are on this board, they cannot possibly answer your questions.  I think when it comes to faith, the answers are inside all of us, and only we can decide if and what we each believe in.

Until I am convinced otherwise, I believe in both Evolution and Creation, now how is that for a complete oxymoron?

Reese  kiss.gif                                                  

UA & Barman's Animated Avatar wish list, for the imaginative yet simple minded....  !!!

When one door closes another door opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the ones which open for us." - Alexander Graham Bell

Some of the most beautiful works of art, are often not work at all...

#50    cerberus

cerberus

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

• Hello Kitty

Posted 29 April 2003 - 08:25 PM

I dont believe we were created by a higher being.

I believe that evolution is correct.

But, when i see certain animal and human design, i wonder why we are like it. Surely, it's too much to believe that this design happened naturally. I think some help was introduced along the way.

I think if something is forced, it can develop. But who could force it?

The question is who forced, and why?

Humans and animals have an amazing history. To think we were once a relative of ameoba's or monkeys is kinda surreal. But the proof is fairly clear.

God and higher beings etc.. is a question that never ends.

If God or Aliens made us, who made them? etc etc

Nothing can just appear. It has to have a beginning and an end. Possibly a middle. A middle is only apparent after the end. The end is not known, so we are kinda lost. But, we seem to know the beginning.

So, if God was an Alien.. that decided to help our planet.. why do we not believe in it totally?

Personally i think Jesus may have been an alien, as he is too far evolved from us, (if you read what you see and hear).

No one i have ever heard of in real life has the skills of Jesus.

Surely, in that time we would have all evolved to that status. I think personally, these visitors were highly feared and we.. the natives feared them so much, we banded together and killed them off.

The other question is... who are the visitors, if that's true?

I believe if God did or does exist, the origins may come from somewhere else, not in our mindset or comprehension.

A supernatural explaination could be... Aliens (higher beings) landed on our planet. The evolution kicked in because of their work, and they let it develop.

God (in many different religions) is the highest power. God reigns supreme. If God was more evolved than our planet natives, he would have appeared as formidable. No doubt some people would be scared, and confused.

I think Jesus was an alien, and tried to help us understand ourselves and our purpose as a race, but the idea was so crazy, it was insane. Therefore, a revolt occured, and we killed him and ridiculed his followers.

Therefore, any link or contact would have been lost. The reason why people believe in God is because of the Bible. A great idea to make a book? or an ancient textual recording to help in the future?

Either way.. i think some kind of alien technology may have kick started us to how we are today.

What do you all think? Is God a manifestation of hope... or is God a true tale passed on, and based on an ancient meeting with a higher being(s)?

I think both are true.                                                  

#51    bigsteff

bigsteff

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 08:51 AM

ok...here is a quick solution

PROVE THEIR IS A GOD

and i don't mean look at how many people believe in him/her or thing
believing and having faith in something does not meen it is true....

like LETS ALL KILL OURSELVES ,BECAUSE THIER IS A UFO BEHIND THE  HALE BOP COMET...untrue with tragic results....

just one thing your holiness,,do not force your believes on other people....if we believe in evolution then that is our right.....you talk of god being loving yet with all the tragic events wordwide how are we supposed to believe this,,,,oh and here is something for you to thing about CANCER  ,,worldwide thoudsands of PEOPLE die of this,,,did god not create man in is own image,,,so why did he give SHARKS the ability to fight cancer and live,,,,,and not man....seems kind of strange ,don't you think
mad.gif                                                  

#52    Dowdy

Dowdy

Poltergeist

• 2,186 posts

• "The one thing we have learnt from history is that we learn nothing from history." Albert Einstein

Posted 01 May 2003 - 11:10 AM

bigsteff,
             Sharks can fight cancer AND live?!

COOL! Never knew that...                                                  

THE PAOMNNEHAL PWEOR OF THE HMUAN MNID Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. Can you? ;)

#53    cerberus

cerberus

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

• Hello Kitty

Posted 01 May 2003 - 07:15 PM

I never said God doesnt exist, nor that he does.

Just putting my view on the forum.

That's what it's for, and i'm entitled.

I respect your views too you know. I never mean't any offence.

I merely live here, i dont rule or own it.

I merely commented on the idea that God and Jesus were not from Earth.

What do i know? I'm not a be-all. No-one knows, that's why we have ideas.

BTW, i dont believe in UFO's living behind Hale-Bopp.

It's Pluto! lol

Or is it Uranus?

biggrin.gif                                                  

#54    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 08:48 PM

Bigsteff,
Are you feeling alright? You posted as if you didnít read the previous post at all.

You stated: "PROVE THEIR IS A GOD"

God canít be proven or disproven, and to attempt to prove it one way or another is just as ridiculous as asking someone else to prove their belief.

You stated: "just one thing your holiness,,do not force your believes on other people....if we believe in evolution then that is our right"

Who was forcing their beliefs? If you are commenting on cerberusí post, then why call him Ďyour holinessí and if you were to read what was posted you will find cerberus believed in evolution, and that we were not created by a higher power.

You stated: "did god not create man in is own image,,,so why did he give SHARKS the ability to fight cancer and live,,,,,and not man....seems kind of strange ,don't you think"

Nobody knows. But this doesnít disprove the existence of God. It doesnít give weight to either side of the argument really. Is it strange? Absolutely. But there's nothing unusually strange about that shark thing. This is just a strange world, that is all.

This is such a touchy subject, and one that probably should be left alone(in my opinion), but in defense of cerberus, he wasnít saying anything offensive or forcing his views on us. He was simply stating his belief.

#55    Bizarro

Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 09:19 PM

I think Jesus was an alien, -Cerberus

i think he wasn't  biggrin.gif                                                  

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
set about on a collision course
not with Earth, but my face...
i wonder if id even know,
at what time i might,
be passed off like an old style
and by the meteor be smite?

- me, 1997

#56    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 09:57 PM

I agree with you DS biggrin.gif                                                  

#57    bigsteff

bigsteff

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 10:31 PM

hey homer....must have missed something....i was talking to JESUSFREAK or are they the same.....the point is .KNOW one can prove either way,so we should all treat each other with respect...because at the end of the day i'm right,your wrong,,i'm wrong your right, i'm wrong your wrong and we're in deep ..sh*t lol...oh and the cancer thing...if you were god and made man in YOUR  image would you give the abillity to beat cancer to an other species.....hey the discovery channel is fab  laugh.gif ...,,,

sharks beating cancer is all to do with,cancer is in all of us,,,as in it's our own blood cells that revolt against us...white blood cells attack foriegn bodies in our body...but in the case of cancer,white blood cells attack our own healthy red blood cells.....a bit like friendly fire in war,,,,,,and by then it's to late.

sharks however....their bodies/blood cells/brains.....whatever know the diverence.....between freindly fire,,,and enemy fire....if it's freindly nothing goes unchanged...but if it's cancer then the shark somehow diverts the blood flow from the area ,which the cancer is waiting for more red blood cells

so in actual fact the SHARK is straving the cancer to death,,,,,,so should we dimiss nature as ,it already set in motion....or is evolution creating cures in animals as they come along......                                                  

#58    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 01 May 2003 - 11:34 PM

I'm no expert about sharks, but haven't they been around since
         before the dinosaurs?  The fact that they are still here is amazing.
          I think if anything can destroy them,  it's man polluting the waters.  sad.gif                                                  

#59    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 02 May 2003 - 05:05 AM

Hey Bigsteff I apologize. It's been so long since JesusFreak posted, and before cerberus, it's been months since the one before him posted. So I thought you were replying to cerberus.

As for JesusFreak, I completely agree with you. He has had a history of beating us to death with his beliefs. He's a nice young fellow(early-mid teens) if he stays away from the religious stuff, but the problem is, he never stays away from the religious stuff. biggrin.gif

I have debated Creation vs Evolution before, but never the existence of God. If there is a God, by the traditional meaning of God, then there was definately creation. But, if there was creation, that doesn't necessarily imply God, in the traditional meaning of God. So I'm not getting into that as I think it's a foolish argument.

But as for the shark/cancer/God thing, I still think that is just one of many strange things in this world. Humans, like any animal, can be killed by any number of pesky viruses and bacteria and such. And if God had created an animal to be resistant to a particular killer, that doesn't suprise me at all. Again, I'm not arguing for or against God, I'm just saying it wouldn't be unusually strange for God to create an animal that has a greater immunity from certain things than humans, in my humble opinion.

But again, I apologize for the mix up, as I thought you were bashing cerberus smile.gif                                                  

#60    bigsteff

bigsteff

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 02 May 2003 - 09:25 PM

no problem homer....maybe i should have put on it,,,for the attention of jesus freak lol.....

another strange thing....these creatures with the ability to grow limbs after they lose them,,,,,like some frogs...don't know if they all do..but if they lose a leg they can grown another back in it's place,,,,and what about crocs and alligaters,,,,when they fight,,i.e  croc against croc,,,they sometimes get injured,gaping wound ,,yet in the water they are in is full of bacteria,,,you or i in that kind of water with an open wound ,,we would get an infection..but not crocs and alligaters,they must have a built in atidote or

does MR ALLY GATOR go to the CROCTORS

laugh.gif                                                  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users