Reference to “bombs” and “secondary devices” were reported by firefighters, witnesses and police officials on scene that morning, they were not “claimed by some CT’s”.
A selection of reports: -
- News reporter, Pat Dawson, “Just moments ago I spoke to the Chief of Safety for the New York City Fire Department, he received word of a possibility of a secondary device; that is another bomb going off, there was another explosion which took place, according to his theory he thinks that there were actually devices that were planted in the building.”
- Eyewitness, “It just went ba-boom, it was like a bomb went off and it was like holy hell coming down them stairs…”
- Eyewitness evacuating from 47th floor, “There were explosions going off everywhere. I was convinced that there were bombs planted all over the place and someone was sitting at a control panel pushing detonator buttons. There was another explosion.. and another.. I didn't know where to run.”
- Firefighter on 24th floor of WTC1 after hearing an explosion, “I'm thinking, Oh. My God, these b******* put bombs in here like they did in 1993!??”
- Firefighter, “It was a secondary explosion probably a device either planted before or upon the aircraft that did not explode until an hour later.”
- News reporter, “We presume because of the initial explosion there may have been secondary explosions as well that were detonated in the building by these terrorists.”
- News reporter, “We’re obviously having a bit of trouble right now maintaining our location because we just heard one more explosion… do you know anything about those extra explosions we heard? Were they car bombs?”
No, the emergency brakes should stop that occurring when the cables are severed. If it did occur then it should have been at the time of impact, not continuously leading up to the collapse. Also in WTC1 the majority of cars in shafts below the impact and fire zone (lower floors where the explosions were reported to have taken place) were contacted by an elevator supervisor, suggesting they were not destroyed. The falling elevator car theory is therefore a poor explanation for the many reports of explosions that took place from the impacts up to the collapses.
However, the elevator shafts would be prime location for access to the core columns, placement and concealment of demolition charges. It also happens that the towers tilted in direction not congruent with the impacts, but in direction of the main body of elevator banks. We know that elevator doors were blown right off (firefighter: “So we’re standing there in the lobby getting all together, all of a sudden we hear [simulates explosive sound], I look down to my right and the elevator has exploded like something like out of a Bruce Willis Die Hard movie”), and in the case of WTC7, which did not even suffer an airliner impact, a car was somehow ejected right out of its shaft. This evidence indicates demolition charges placed in the elevator shafts, detonated a time apart to weaken the building and conceal the demoltion.