Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Gods vs Divine

god divinity stars

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#31    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

• I can see it in their eyes, they've already died.

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:24 AM

The human mind recognizes all gods as being part of something divine, something more. As for if they are truly connected  that till remain a mystery until you pass the point of no return.

The internet is a series of tubes, and those tubes are full of cats.

#32    c0ffee

c0ffee

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:16 PM

I'm meaning in representation not Physically, although there maybe life within a Star but I have to state that's not what I am trying to get to the point of. More along the lines of everything being a representation of a Philosophical matter.

#33    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 15,654 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:44 AM

View Postc0ffee, on 15 August 2012 - 03:16 PM, said:

I'm meaning in representation not Physically, although there maybe life within a Star but I have to state that's not what I am trying to get to the point of. More along the lines of everything being a representation of a Philosophical matter.

Ok I still need more explanation to "get" what you are after but it is not something i can probably help you with. In general I find philosphy a "dead end"  discipline  albeit fascinating in its history and conceptual development. It isuseful perhaps for honing one's mind, but not for solving real world questions like the nature of god :innocent:

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#34    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,512 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:03 PM

That's it!!!!! MW. Im going to find these lightships. It sounds to awesome to pass up. I have been relating that story to others for several years. Now I'm going to go. Ill let you know how it goes. :)

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#35    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,343 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:03 PM

I'm at a place where I'm beginning to think anything is possible, and wondering how "blind" I am. As for stars & divinity, I don't think they are any more divine than anything else in the universe, and I would translate lesser gods as those who have more experience or wisdom than the common person, or an idea that encapsulates one small part of the universal energy with which we can work on a personal level. i.e. Yemoja, the Ifa deity whose realm in the ocean; so then I think of how of the ocean we carry in our bodies, our tears, our blood, how life-giving she is, how immense her aura must be and how healing it would be to be in that presence. How she feeds us, how we play on her beaches, how she gives birth via underground volcanos, how dark her depths are, so for me she's the embodiment of all possibilities. But she is just one face of god/divine, whittled down, so to speak, to a size & energy I can deal with.

#36    c0ffee

c0ffee

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:59 PM

View PostMr Walker, on 16 August 2012 - 11:44 AM, said:

... In general I find philosphy a "dead end" ... but not for solving real world questions like the nature of god :innocent:

Unless Scientific, the nature of God relies 100% on Philosophy, Im not entirely sure what you consider as Philosophy but any Religion is Philosophically based, even Buddhism, excluding Deities / Gods and otherwise is still a Psychological Philosophy.

#37    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 15,654 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:42 AM

View Postc0ffee, on 16 August 2012 - 02:59 PM, said:

Unless Scientific, the nature of God relies 100% on Philosophy, Im not entirely sure what you consider as Philosophy but any Religion is Philosophically based, even Buddhism, excluding Deities / Gods and otherwise is still a Psychological Philosophy.

I agree. Theology is a form of philosophy, and amenable to psychological study.  Psychology IS a genuine field of useful endeavour which does promote knolwedge and understandings about humanity. Psychology helps us understand the formation structure and codification of human beliefs and knowledge about god, according to the nature of the human mind (to put it in simple terms)

For me god is a "simple" part of the physical world and hence certainly is definable scientifically.  God, in my life, is as real and physical as you and me, so i dont particularly relate to theology either, although like philosophy, i find it academically interesting, and amusing.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#38    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 15,654 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:57 AM

View PostSeeker79, on 16 August 2012 - 12:03 PM, said:

That's it!!!!! MW. Im going to find these lightships. It sounds to awesome to pass up. I have been relating that story to others for several years. Now I'm going to go. Ill let you know how it goes. :)
Good luck. I am not as capable as i was in my younger days but i continue to work and experiment. Recently i found a second way to extend my consciousness into space. I broke it up into a form of rainbow light and extended it out at the speed of light (i guess, having no speedometer attached) My consciousness (and to my senses my body) became part of that light stream and formed a sort of rainbow bridge, from my mind to its destination.  Its hard to expalin in words but i could see the particles of my mind in the light stream. The symbol that came to mind was the rebirth of the phoenix and especailly its tail feathers coming together before achieving physical completion. It was also like a visible transmat beam or worm hole stretching across space.

Any way, my dreamworlds are coming along nicely. I am concentrating on going back in time to spend some time with my father before he met my motherand get to know him. Only a few succesful journeys so far, but very rewarding and I' ve learned a lot about him. From the type of motorbike he rode to what he liked to drink ,  how he charmed the ladies with some fancy footwork and what it was like at country dances in the nineteen thirties.

Th erest of my nights are filled in with many dreams each night that are light and fantastic. Last night i went back in time and met myself, aged about 4 or five. I took myself for a road trip including some beach four wheel driving in a  landrover and a  flight across our local gulf. As I flew, my younger self only had to touch my fingers to fly along side me across several miles of water and some islands. We landed in a small town on the coast, as it was in the  mid twentieth century and went to visit a school friend who lived there.

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#39    SunGod

SunGod

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:31 PM

" ye are Gods ,sons of Gods "from Bible , and the stars too.

"ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free. " Jesus ( Gamachi'sa)
"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."  Albert Einstein.

#40    c0ffee

c0ffee

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:08 PM

View PostSunGod, on 17 August 2012 - 12:31 PM, said:

" ye are Gods ,sons of Gods "from Bible , and the stars too.

So, everything is a God ? o_O

#41    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,343 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:57 AM

View Postc0ffee, on 16 August 2012 - 02:59 PM, said:

Sometimes understanding the nature of the divine is experiential rather than scientific or philosophical. In that case, the written word is is a way of describing/explaining the experience. Probably poetry is as good a way as any to describe the experience.

#42    c0ffee

c0ffee

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:32 PM

View PostBeany, on 18 August 2012 - 01:57 AM, said:

Sometimes understanding the nature of the divine is experiential rather than scientific or philosophical. In that case, the written word is is a way of describing/explaining the experience. Probably poetry is as good a way as any to describe the experience.

Like Scientific observation / theory / study

(MacBook Dictionary) definition : "the study of the fundamental nature of knowledge, reality, and existence"

or

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Philosophy

#43    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,343 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:42 PM

View Postc0ffee, on 18 August 2012 - 02:32 PM, said:

Like Scientific observation / theory / study

(MacBook Dictionary) definition : "the study of the fundamental nature of knowledge, reality, and existence"

or

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Philosophy
Pretty close, but since most of us aren't scientists, we can't bring the rigorous testing procedures of science to the issue, not are we studying it, nor do we care to. And in my case, I've given up trying to understand the fundamental knowledge of ..., because I think it's too vast & complicated to get a handle on. There have been times when my direct experiences are contradictory to the current scientific thinking, and in those instances, I let my direct experiences inform me, figuring that sooner or later science will catch up. There are many, many things that have no scientific explanation, not because there isn't any, but because science is usually chasing the bigger fish, as they should.

#44    c0ffee

c0ffee

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:04 PM

Science and Philosophy so go hand in hand. Philosophy is a meaningful perspective, of what matter can be described. If a person were a Plant ... Plants grow and stay strong because of water & light, therefore it's not wrong in thinking that light is something that can help us grow, where Buddhism and the state of inner peace comes about with a certain amount of light.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users