Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

University receives $5M to study afterlife

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,011 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:02 AM

Professor John Martin Fischer will be heading a research initiative called 'The Immortality Project'.

Huffington Post said:

Fischer also said there is a "deep human need to figure out what happens to us after death" and that there have been many reports of near-death experiences, out-of-body experiences and past lives.

Posted Image Read more...

#2    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:05 AM

this is very cool

www.paranormaltales.boards.net

#3    Rick Waid

Rick Waid

Psychic Spy

• 1,164 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:38 AM

I would be a volunteer in any way I can.

#4    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:07 PM

Nice, this is better than some of the stupid research scientists have been doing.

I have seen so many threads on here baout how scientists have "discovered" or "think" things any average person already knew. :td:

One of the big questions is the mortality issue. Would you want to be immortal if you lose your chnace to never see the afterlife which could be way better?

My personal beleif  says they won't find any substantial evidence that there is an afterlife... Because I beleive we aren't allowed to know. (Imagine if we knew there was a beter place, how many people would end their lives here?!)

Edited by Coffey, 09 August 2012 - 12:10 PM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#5    Jeffertonturner

Jeffertonturner

Hero Squad

• 1,091 posts

• I may not be the smartest, or the best looking, or the most successful but...what was I saying? I'm depressed.

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:57 PM

I can't wait to hear what comes from this!

Edited by Jeffertonturner, 09 August 2012 - 12:58 PM.

~Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while -and do whatever you want all the time -you can miss it.~

#6    praetorian-legio XIII

praetorian-legio XIII

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

• Beer; Now there's a temporary solution.

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:15 PM

So what happens "if" they prove an afterlife: heaven or hell exsists then what, good people are happy and bad people say WTF and do whatever they please as they know theyr'e hell bound anyways or does everyone repent and the world becomes one big good,nice happy place. I hope that my after life (assuming there is one)will be just a different plane of exsistence where I'll be able to continue exsisting and being content and happy as I basically am now. Seeing friends that have past would be a bonus. Interesting topic for sure.

#7    SpectralEdge

SpectralEdge

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 51 posts

• This is the story of how I died.

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:36 PM

I don't think whatever they find would be accepted. No matter what they find, it will conflict with someones religious point of view, or lack of.

For some religions even talking about astral projection or out of body experiences is considered the devils work. In other religions there is nothing but reincarnation after death, in yet others you reincarnate after a short break to free yourself from your thoughts of living here before, others who believe when we die, that is it. Lights out, all done.

Take any one of those beliefs and tell them even the slightest thing they thought is wrong and people will completely flip out.

#8    sarah_444

sarah_444

Poltergeist

• 2,772 posts

• "It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." -Henry David Thoreau

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:38 PM

Best of luck to them, I'm definitely interested to see what kind of research, tests and results they find with 5 mill. lol But, like Coffey said, I also doubt they'll find any kind of substantial proof.
Even if they did, I think most people would still believe (or not believe) what they want anyway.

#9    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 6,790 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:44 PM

View Postsensitive touch, on 09 August 2012 - 11:38 AM, said:

I would be a volunteer in any way I can.

It's inevitable that you will. :passifier:

#10    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,621 posts

• Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others. -Buddha

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:59 PM

A government grant of 5 million dollars to study...that?
Aren't there real things to research?

#11    King Fluffs

King Fluffs

The Resident Misanthrope

• 1,111 posts

• Shadows protect my angel in white...

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:01 PM

Hopefully we get somethin' good outta this.

#12    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,110 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:12 PM

Just sent him an email offering my assistance. I'm not to far from there, and I have always wanted to produce an OBE while under an MRI.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#13    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:22 PM

View Postpraetorian-legio XIII, on 09 August 2012 - 03:15 PM, said:

So what happens "if" they prove an afterlife: heaven or hell exsists then what, good people are happy and bad people say WTF and do whatever they please as they know theyr'e hell bound anyways or does everyone repent and the world becomes one big good,nice happy place. I hope that my after life (assuming there is one)will be just a different plane of exsistence where I'll be able to continue exsisting and being content and happy as I basically am now. Seeing friends that have past would be a bonus. Interesting topic for sure.

Well you're going by 1 spcefic religions idea of afterlife.

Afterlife doesn't ahve to ahve a heaven or hell.. Or even a God.

But going by the religion you have went by... They just have to ask for forgiveness etc.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#14    MJNYC

MJNYC

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 169 posts

• The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. Mohandas K. Gandhi

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:49 PM

Seeker, how did you get his email? I'd like to write :)

#15    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,110 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:26 PM

View PostMJNYC, on 09 August 2012 - 04:49 PM, said:

Seeker, how did you get his email? I'd like to write :)
I asked a spirit named google ;) it's usually not to hard to get ahold of professors if you are interested in their work. I have had some good conversations with some nasa scientists reguarding my meteorite find , rupart sheldrake, an some pretty famous biblical scholars.

Edited by Seeker79, 09 August 2012 - 05:34 PM.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users